1st Round Playoff Match-up: Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

1st Round Playoff Match-up: Washington

Bruins match up VERY well against Washington.  We'd be sitting very pretty if the Panthers hang on to the SW division and the Caps finish in 7th.

The 6, 7, and 8 seeds coming out of the East are all going to be softies.

The only team I truly fear in a 7-game series is Pitt.  A streaking, red hot Fleury and a healthy Malkin / Staal / Neal could bury the Bruins.  (Not to mention a return of The Kid)  Every other team in the East, I see the Bruins grinding out a patented ugly series win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: 1st Round Playoff Match-up: Washington

Pitt and NYR are the only tough teams in the East this year, besides Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marc-Andre Fluery does not scare me in  a 7 games series FOP, Lundqvist is the only one in the east that does. Add insane shot blocking of the Blue Shirts with their depth n size at forwards that is a troubling playoff matchup.

Two years ago in Vegas a a couple of Sabre fans noticed me wearing a Red Sox hat and asked if I were a Bruins fan, I obliged and then knew what was coming. They went on an on about Miller in the Olympics and the 103 points that they totaled. I tried in vein to explain the recent 2009 upset of the Sharks by Anaheim (1 versus 8 seed) the year before so they could throw away regular season points. I also showed them that I had just bought a ticket from the Venetian sports book "Montreal over Washington" in the first round, I of course got laughed at again.

Throw everything out the window when you have confidence in the the goaltending when everything else is even FOP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

BRUINS will play Phil "no thrill" Kessel's Loafs or Ottawa.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Way too tough to predict who the B's will meet - Caps, Florida, Leafs and Sens are all likely candidates, with outside shots at meeting the Devils or Jets. Bruins match up well against any of those teams in a 7 game series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hate that the 3 seed automatically goes to the division winner with the lowest point total.  They should rank them 1-8.  Winning a division is really nothing to brag about.