2 plausable moves that turn the B's around

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around

In Response to 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around:
    [QUOTE]My first post, and it will probably get flamed, but I read the discussions often, and thought I'd throw this idea out there. Since I don't think a coaching change is forthcoming, as I think PC's job is tied to CJ's, as has been noted on several threads, PC needs to address the issues of the current team. I think two moves would completely turn this team around. First, trade Marc Savard & Johnny Boychuck to Ott for Sergei Gonchar. Savard needs a fresh start, and Seguin is making him expendable. Hate to see Boychuck go, but he helps even the money and will be valuable to Ott going forward. With the emergance of Karlsson in Ott, they may be willing to let SG go. This move instantly helps our transition game and PP. Second, Waive or trade Paille, and sign Bill Guerin. He's retired, but was looking for a chance up until about a month ago so probably not too far out of shape. Love him or hate him, he is a Bruin style player with cup experience and plays with passion. Make Guerin or Rechi the heathy scratch on any given night, in other words, only one of the two in the lineup at one time. I believe Guerin knows what it means to play with the spoked B on his chest, and could help be a leader on this team. These two moves would address the shortcomings of the PP and transition game, and the lack of passion we see on a nightly basis. Ok, now time to play flame the newb. Fire away.
    Posted by Middleton16[/QUOTE]
    You could get Gonchar cheaper I think as he's having a rough go in Ottawa.Welcome to you.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Welcome to the board Middleton.  Not sure I agree with either move, but I always enjoy posts that are well-thought out and not reactionary.

Mainly, I'm really sketical that older veteran's are the way to get this team turned-around.  For one there are cap issues with either guy, but more importantly this team needs youth and energy, in my opinion, not more age.  I tried to really pay attention last night to who on this teams really gives 100% on every shift.  The guy I noticed the most -- Kampfer.  I think the message needs to be sent throughout the lineup that you'd better start working harder, and bringing in more aging veteran's misses that point, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Welcome.

Sorry, but I am a no on both.

Gonchar- plenty of soft players on this team that are not playing with conviction

Guerin- one 40-year old winger is enough for one team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Welcome.

Based on your user name and these moves you suggest, I think you're living in the past. Gonchar's and Guerin's best days are way in the past.

Please, younger and faster, not older and slower.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

IMO, Savard and Boychuk for Gonchar is an absolute steal for Ottawa. Guerin would do nothing for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Gonchar ?????  He is for free ....pick up his salary and the Sens will let him go for free....Kampfer is 10 times better ...Gonchar is finished ....

Guerin ???????  I wiuld get Glen Murray back instead....horribles proposals ....we could get a lot more for Savard & Boychuck ....

Tyler

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middleton16. Show Middleton16's posts

Lol, I knew these moves wouldn't be popular, but I will try to defend my opinion.

As to the first move I suggested, I agree, that it is overpayment. but I believe that Savard is damaged goods, no longer fits with this team, and is signed for 6 more years. Getting rid of him is beneficial IMHO. And with the no trade clause, your trade partners are limited. Throwing Boychuk in sweetens the deal, and makes the money work for both teams. I like Boychuk, and dont want to see him go, but Im not sure OTT does this trade for either Stuart or Ference. McQuaids money isn't enough of a salary shed for Boston.

As for younger/faster vs. older/slower, even though we get much older, I believe this makes us a faster team. Losing Savard let's Seguin play center on lines 1-3, giving him more ice time to develop and he is quicker and younger than Savard, if not as skilled-yet. Bringing in Guerin- who is much faster than Rechi - may be slower than Paille, but he brings more intangables to the table. As I noted having only one of Guerin or Rechi in the lineup at a given time, still just leaves one 40+ going on gameday, and if it's Guerin, we are a quicker team.
    Also, signing him for the rest of the year/ cup run won't cost much, and can let him walk at the end of the season.
    Gonchar may be fading, but he would bring us a true PP QB. I have been very impressed with Kampfer(sp?), but he is not that QB yet. Let's face it, we would not be bringing in SG to be a shutdown guy, but it would relieve some pressure from Chara on the offensive front. Also, SG only has 2 more years on his contract, and would give our D prospects like Kampfer time to hone their game.
    -Sorry for another long post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Hi Fletcher1
    My son and I have just started doing the same thing and we both came away angry about Ryder. He just gave up on plays...coasted, didn't support the defense...what a floater. Marchand and Kampfer were two that were very plus players. Thanks for bringing this up. Maybe we should create a game thread to add our two cents for the best plus and minus (floaters) each game.
    Doc

n Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the board Middleton.  Not sure I agree with either move, but I always enjoy posts that are well-thought out and not reactionary. Mainly, I'm really sketical that older veteran's are the way to get this team turned-around.  For one there are cap issues with either guy, but more importantly this team needs youth and energy, in my opinion, not more age.  I tried to really pay attention last night to who on this teams really gives 100% on every shift.  The guy I noticed the most -- Kampfer.  I think the message needs to be sent throughout the lineup that you'd better start working harder, and bringing in more aging veteran's misses that point, IMO.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around:
    [QUOTE]Hi Fletcher1 My son and I have just started doing the same thing and we both came away angry about Ryder. He just gave up on plays...coasted, didn't support the defense...what a floater. Marchand and Kampfer were two that were very plus players. Thanks for bringing this up. Maybe we should create a game thread to add our two cents for the best plus and minus (floaters) each game. Doc n Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]
    Bergeron works so hard it becomes easy to overlook it.Good thread idea though I think we might as well call it the Ryder award.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middleton16. Show Middleton16's posts

[QUOTE]Lol, I knew these moves wouldn't be popular, but I will try to defend my opinion. As to the first move I suggested, I agree, that it is overpayment. but I believe that Savard is damaged goods, no longer fits with this team, and is signed for 6 more years. Getting rid of him is beneficial IMHO. And with the no trade clause, your trade partners are limited. Throwing Boychuk in sweetens the deal, and makes the money work for both teams. I like Boychuk, and dont want to see him go, but Im not sure OTT does this trade for either Stuart or Ference. McQuaids money isn't enough of a salary shed for Boston. As for younger/faster vs. older/slower, even though we get much older, I believe this makes us a faster team. Losing Savard let's Seguin play center on lines 1-3, giving him more ice time to develop and he is quicker and younger than Savard, if not as skilled-yet. Bringing in Guerin- who is much faster than Rechi - may be slower than Paille, but he brings more intangables to the table. As I noted having only one of Guerin or Rechi in the lineup at a given time, still just leaves one 40+ going on gameday, and if it's Guerin, we are a quicker team. Also, signing him for the rest of the year/ cup run won't cost much, and can let him walk at the end of the season. Gonchar may be fading, but he would bring us a true PP QB. I have been very impressed with Kampfer(sp?), but he is not that QB yet. Let's face it, we would not be bringing in SG to be a shutdown guy, but it would relieve some pressure from Chara on the offensive front. Also, SG only has 2 more years on his contract, and would give our D prospects like Kampfer time to hone their game. -Sorry for another long post.
    Posted by Middleton16[/QUOTE]

-Oops, forgot to mention that shedding Savard, and using only one of Rechi or Guerin, leaves a spot for Caron to be brought back up. Just for fun, my lines would be:

Wheeler-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand- Bergie- Guerin/Rechi
    Lucic-Seguin-Ryder
    Caron-Campbell-Thorns
    Spare:Guerin/Rechi

Chara- Ference
    Sieds- Kamp
    Stuart- Gonch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Agree about Bergeron...someone is always overlooked. Some will make a case for others...
    Doc
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around : Bergeron works so hard it becomes easy to overlook it.Good thread idea though I think we might as well call it the Ryder award.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Middelton you've got it right. Bring Caron up. Look at Kampfer, this guy looks great. Who else is down in Providence that would work harder than our current bunch?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]Middelton you've got it right. Bring Caron up. Look at Kampfer, this guy looks great. Who else is down in Providence that would work harder than our current bunch?
    Posted by Espo72[/QUOTE]

I have said it all along that Caron needs to be on the big team. Hes a bergeron who plays wing and will get better

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around:[QUOTE]Welcome. Based on  your user name and these moves  you suggest, I think  you're living in the past. Gonchar's and Guerin's best da ys are wa y in the past. Please,  younger and faster, not older and slower. Posted by montecristo[/QUOTE]

Yes Count of Monte Cristo faster much faster please!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Agree about Bergeron...someone is always overlooked. Some will make a case for others... Doc In Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I almost typed Bergeron too there, because you can always count on him for hustle and effort.  Agreed on Marchand too.

I like what you're saying Doc.  I think the next couple of games I will continue to really focus on this.  It is upsetting that some of my favorite Bruins (Krejci, Lucic, etc) seem to be really failing in playing with a consistent effort.  The little tagline of last season "being tough to play against" has been totally abandoned and I just don't understand why.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Is Horton playing Monday?

With Horton in, you dump Paille, and you bring up some young blood.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

the defense can't afford to be downgraded - especially Boychuck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seidenberg 3.25M(has 3 more years) for Byfuglien 3M RFA at year end.

Throw in a conditional draft pick if the B's can keep him, even the TO pick.

Could work, soon Atl is going to start their slide and Carolina is moving fast.  Buff is unlikely to resign with Atl or stay with them.  He is going to be looking for bigger money, we can add another 4-5M to our payroll, but sadly PC would prob throw 6M at him.

Send them whoever they want but Seid matches the money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Seidenberg 3.25M(has 3 more years) for Byfuglien 3M RFA at year end. Throw in a conditional draft pick if the B's can keep him, even the TO pick. Could work, soon Atl is going to start their slide and Carolina is moving fast.  Buff is unlikely to resign with Atl or stay with them.  He is going to be looking for bigger money, we can add another 4-5M to our payroll, but sadly PC would prob throw 6M at him. Send them whoever they want but Seid matches the money.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't Atlanta offer Byfuglien the world?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around : Why wouldn't Atlanta offer Byfuglien the world?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure they will and I expect him to sign with Atlanta again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

They may offer it, but would you want to stay there, when you know you are never going to have a legitimate shot at the cup with, player movement once they get past their rfa status. 

Not many star players have stayed there or been kept as Atl has never offered the money to anyone But Kov and usually dumped before or near contract time.

Atl has 17M, they could have offered it to Kov but, he was not going to stay.

Buf is 26 in Mar, Atl has his rights as an RFA but if he signs a 1year he walks following year as an UFA.  Right now as an RFA he commands better returns.

They have 3 D making 3.5, 3.75 and 4.5M already, are they going to sign another D for prob closer to 5M after the career year he is having. That would be 16-7 M tied up to 4 players, with Bogosian an RFA, Sopel-34 and Meyer-30 the other D are UFA.

2More D to be signed and 8 present forwards unsigned. 4 of each RFA and UFA.  Atl does not have or does not spend the money, they will be sending someone D at seasons end.  They also have problems in their minor system as 14 of 25 nonroster players are unsigned next year.

This is a time to send them an offer for Buf or even Enstrom, would also help our PP Buf has 6 and Enst 5PPG.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Byfuglien will sign in Atlanta because they will never spend money to build a team around him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Byfuglien will sign in Atlanta because they will never spend money to build a team around him.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I guess we'll see but some people like to be the big fish in a small pond.He's already got a Cup ring so he might relish the challenge of trying to lead a 2nd team to glory.I guess we'll find out in a few months. I will say,if they make no real effort to resign him,they might as well scrap hockey in Atlanta  because they'll never get a fan base with a carousel of players on losing teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Who knows, maybe Big Buf really digs Winnipeg.