2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=546220#&navid=nhl-search

"Revenge-minded Canada won gold at 2005 WJC in U.S."

Nice article about Patrice's participation in that years tourney. This years tournament should be another great one looking forward to it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

Looking forward to it!

I think this team has bourqy's youngest son ryan on it. and 3 or 4 other kids from New england on the roster.

They have a big team this year. lots of guys over the 6 ft. I hope the mindset last years team had. and the speed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I hope that it's televised this year.  Or at least on the web somewhere.

Great hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:
    [QUOTE]I hope that it's televised this year.  Or at least on the web somewhere. Great hockey.
    Posted by Babajingo[/QUOTE]

NHL network. all day sunday. I think its only $3 a month to order it if you dont have that channel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TSN covers it all in Canada.

It is the highlight of the Holidays, Wife and family are all visitin or hostin or some such thing, while I sit with my pompoms, koolaid and whomever wants to partake in the koolaid with me and shout and yell, ooh and aah over the next ones to showcase for the NHL.

Little bit peeved tho, no B's prospects on team Canada.

Will not see Canada be outshot 26-2 in the third, these kids on all teams have sacrificed a lot and will fight to not be embarrassed. It has over the years provided more entertainment than most NHL games and that includes a lot of playoffs. 1 week today.

Go Canada GO!!! Sorry San Dog!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:[QUOTE] Little bit peeved tho, no B's prospects on team Canada.  Go Canada GO!!! Sorry San Dog! Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Yah kinda bummed about no Bs prospects as well and you remember my clowning on this board last winter LoL! Go USA!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hopefully it is it's usual entertaining hockey.

Can't wait.

Psssssst. Hey, open me one too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nor did the U.S. take Knight. 
    I don't like Team Canada this time round. Part of that is the personelle.
    It wouldn't mind the U.S. taking it again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Some of the best hockey of the year, love this tourny, thankfull for nhl net!

This is especially true as a b's fan, we are sentenced to a season full of defense, dump ins, wrist shots from the point, layers talk, 1 on 3 rushes, taking periods and games off, etc.  So disgusted as a huge b's fan.

But seriously, unreal tourny, up and down, exciting hockey.  Great to see the young guys who will be coming into the league and the drafts.  Get NHL Network and WATCH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

with leafs been pathetic again watchin cotourier closeley on canada

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

after this game....

I really cant wait to watch some exciting hockey!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The US should be strong with 8-10 returnees. Canada has 4. Sweden is the other that could vie for the gold.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Final roster gets released tomorrow.  For the locals here, there should be several Massh*les on the squad.  Can't wait to watch...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=547058

Campbell, Kreider among Team USA returnees

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=546960

U.S. junior team has 2005 blueprint as a guide

I watch allot of Kreider playing with BC kids a freakin speedster bummed the Blueshirts got him.

http://www.iihf.com/channels1011/wm20/schedule.html

Canada vs. Russia right off the bat on Sunday can't wait....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Here is the NHL Network broadcast schedule. All times are Pacific.

Sunday, Dec. 26

Russia vs. Canada, 1 p.m.
    Finland vs. USA, 5 p.m.
    Tuesday, Dec. 28

Canada vs. Czech Republic , 1 p.m.
    USA vs. Slovakia, 5 p.m.
    Wednesday Dec. 29

Norway vs. Canada, 4:30 p.m.
    Thursday, Dec. 30    

Sweden vs. Czech Republic,  Noon
    Germany vs. USA, 4 p.m.
    Friday, Dec. 31

Canada vs. Sweden, 1 p.m.
    USA vs. Switzerland, 5 p.m.
    Sunday, Jan. 2

Quarterfinal #1        12:30 p.m.
    Quarterfinal #2*        4:30 p.m.
    Monday, Jan. 3

Semifinal #1        12:30 p.m.
    Semifinal #2*        4:30 p.m.
    Wednesday, Jan. 5

Bronze-Medal Game, 3:30 p.m. 

Gold-Medal Game, 7:30 p.m.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That looks like a strong team.  The Canada team is sick as always, but the U.S. should be able to compete with them.

I like the leadership back for sure.  Campbell in net, and Jerry D'Amigo who I thought was the best player on the team at last year's tournment.  Nick Leddy on the blueline too, who already has a little NHL experience.  Kreider and Bourque are both returnees too.

I've been watching a lot of Shore and Zucker in Denver and those guys are getting dominant at the NCAA level (Zucker played in last year's tournament too).

Gonna be fun to watch!  Anyone going to Buffalo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A little tidbit of information regarding the WJHC's in Buffalo. I was listening to a Buffalo radio station yesterday and they had said that 63% of the tickets sold so far for the tournament were sold to people from Canada. It will be interesting to see what the volume level will be in the HSBC if we are lucky enough to see a USA-Canada matchup.
    I live a stone's throw away from the arena but will not be attempting to go across the Peace Bridge as it is expected to be jam-packed. Can't wait for the games to begin regardless of who is playing !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One thing I like allot about these games is the crowd is so into it from beginning to end. The games are so loud it's crazy which makes it fun too watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Looking forward to it! I think this team has bourqy's youngest son ryan on it. and 3 or 4 other kids from New england on the roster. They have a big team this year. lots of guys over the 6 ft. I hope the mindset last years team had. and the speed.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

Dang, Shep.  Bourqy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Good read on the WJHC. It contains info on all teams and some top 2011 NHL draft prospects that some countries have at the tournament.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/23/16663211.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Chowdah, I would bet significant money that Canada will effectively be the home team for every game they play (in terms of fan support, not things like line change and whatever).

For those who aren't locals, the Sabres' arena is actually less than a 5 minute drive from the Canadian border. Whenever the Maple Leafs are in Buffalo it's usually 60/40 Leafs fans and this tournament means a lot more to Canadians (including non-Leaf fans) than the "Battle of the 401."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chowdah, I would bet significant money that Canada will effectively be the home team for every game they play (in terms of fan support, not things like line change and whatever). For those who aren't locals, the Sabres' arena is actually less than a 5 minute drive from the Canadian border. Whenever the Maple Leafs are in Buffalo it's usually 60/40 Leafs fans and this tournament means a lot more to Canadians (including non-Leaf fans) than the "Battle of the 401."
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

That would be the battle of the QEW ( Queen Elizabeth Way ) and I agree with you 100%.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Ahhh, I knew battle of the 401 didn't sound right....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"careful with discipline with the normally shoddy officiating at IIHF events"

Hope that doesn't come into play as Cherry and Marek are always looking for excuses. I look for Russia to medal this year surprised they didn't last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Looking forward to seeing Sweden and Adam Larsson again.