2011 lineup/UFA's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's

Unless someone on a contender waives over $4mil in Stuarts face he's quite likely to be resigned, even ahead of Wheeler or Marchand. Stuart is big, strong, mobile, tough as nails, doesn't take nights off and will protect his teammates, he also rarely has two bad nights in a row. 

In Response to 2011 lineup/UFA's:
    [QUOTE]Just going over the Cap Geek charts to see where our lineup will be next season and how much cap space we'll have to play with. So three players come off the books as UFA's - Ryder, Rechi and Stuart, and Two are RFA's, one due a raise most likely, in Wheeler and Marchand (Marchand being the one due a raise). Let's  assume that Ryder, Stuart, and Rex ar gone. And that PC at least keeps Marchand, though he'll likey keep both. With none of the five signed the B's would have 9,794,000 in cap space and a lineup of Bergeron, Lucic, Savard, Horton, Krejci, Seguin, Campbell, Paille and Thornton Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Boychuk and Kampfer Thomas and Rask Let's be generous and say PC signs both Marchand and Wheeler, and their collective raises and a waiver to Paille drops us to 9 million in cap space approximately. We admittedly have players who can make the jump next year in the system (Caron, likely Colborne and Kinight for example). We will also likely be getting a blue chip prospect who may be ready to play in the NHL - likely one of Larsson, RNH, Couturier, Landeskog or Hamilton. With 8-9 million in cap space to use on call-ups and signings, and likely ten forwards and six D in the  lineup before camp even starts, and the goalie position wrapped up tight,  what do you do?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

IMO, one of Krejci, Savard, or Bergeron will be gone next season. It most likely won't be Bergeron. For now let's assume it's Savard considering he's aging and Krejci has a higher ceiling. Stuart, Marchand, and Wheeler will be resigned. Ryder will sign with another team for 2 mill. Recchi will hang em up. Paille will sign for 750K and get signed by a team searching for PK help.

A D man I hope PC can sign is Christian Ehroff form VAN. Lets say it's a 5 mill cap hit. This is only if we don't draft Larsson. Some rookies will make the team too

This Lineup will be based on use drafting Landeskog

Lucic-Krejci/Bergeron-Horton
    Marchand-Seguin-Caron
    Wheeler-Bergeron/Krejci-Landeskog
    Sauve/Knight/Colborne-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Kampfer
    Erhoff-Seidenberg
    2 out of Ference, Boychuk, Stuart

Goalies

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I believe Paille is already signed for next season so the only way to get rid of him is waive him which is even more difficult because he signed a two way contract so once waived cannot play for providence and yes Stuart will be resigned as will Marchand and Wheeler will possibly gone in a deadline deal as well as possibly Ryder.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I doubt they would let Stuart walk.  Not sure why 95% of the people around here even consider him dispensible.  He is a strong rock solid stay at home defensmen at a very fair price (currently makes less than Boychuk and Ferrence who are far less quality).   Caron and Sauve can fill the holes left by Ryder and Recchi. 

My ideal ideal free agency move would be Semin making it to free agency and PC locking him up long term.  Let Ryder and Wheeler walk, Reechi will retire.  Re-sign Stuart and Marchand.  Trade Boychuk or Ferrence.  This all can easily be done under the cap.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why would they let Stuart walk?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't think they'd want to... I think they'll be out bid. Personally I'd resign him - which is what I'd use some of that cap space to do. I was simply showing who comes off the cap potentially and asking what you wold do, and that includes resigning any of the UFA's, which I would do in Stuart's case.

If we do sign one of those top five prospcts, and they're in the lineup next year, our cap space will be down to3 million or so with a Stuart re-signing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I know I've said this before, but IMO, Ryder will be re-signed for about 2.2M, if Julien is still coach, next year.
    I expect Paille and Recchi to be replaced by Caron and another rookie.
       On defense, I would expect Stuart to be re-signed, and Ference or Seidenberg to be moved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Stuart-Marchand-Wheeler stay , Caron who had 1g 1a again last night makes the team as does Sauve,or Colborne/Arniel
    Caron steps in with Bergeron and Marchand
    That's why keeping draft  picks is important as level entry contracts with talent helps offset the bigger contracts

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

the reason they let Stuart walk or trade him this yr is because he will command around 2.5 million....and we have a Stuat type with Mcquiad at quarter of the price

IMO the top 6 next yr are

Chara
    Siedenberg
    Ference
    Kampher
    Boychuk
    and one of Kaberle / Pitkanen / Liles

with Mcquaid our 7th

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's:
    [QUOTE]the reason they let Stuart walk or trade him this yr is because he will command around 2.5 million....and we have a Stuat type with Mcquiad at quarter of the price IMO the top 6 next yr are Chara Siedenberg Ference Kampher Boychuk and one of Kaberle / Pitkanen / Liles with Mcquaid our 7th
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you don't watch many Bruins games, have a short memory, or just don't understand the role of defensemen, but McQuaid can't hold Stuart's jock.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's : I'm not sure if you don't watch many Bruins games, have a short memory, or just don't understand the role of defensemen, but McQuaid can't hold Stuart's jock.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure why folks want to say McQuaid is as good as Stuart but I agree with you.Stuart is a FAR SUPERIOR player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Grrrr ... I hate these posts because I absolutely love reading them but 99% of what we talk about turns out to be nothing. The big question is ... to what degree will Chiarelli trust the kids?

If he doesn't think Kampfer can be the puck moving defenseman than it's into the free agent market. If he doesn't think that Colbourne/Caron/Knight/Arniel can add some scoring touch than it's into the free agent market.

My bet is on Chiarelli begging Rex to return and some sort of Type B free agent winger being added. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

mcquaid might be a stuart type player, but stuart is better at it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]mcquaid might be a stuart type player, but stuart is better at it.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]mcquaid might be a stuart type player, but stuart is better at it.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Certainly, I fully agree.  McQuaid needs more time in the NHL before he's even considered an NHLer, let alone as good as Mark Stuart.  McQuaid has played well, but he's also made his share of mistakes and will continue to make more.  If he sticks around for a couple of years, plays full seasons and progresses properly, then we can talk about him being on the same level as someone like Stuart.

For now, he's nothing of the sort.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

no doubt about it, of course Stuart is better, but unfortunitaly our GM gave Ference 2 million plus, so we dont have an endless supply of money, if you can save a buck or two by letting Stuart walk, then i say you do it

NAS - i dont know if you watch the games but look at the numbers

GMS       G     A     PTS    PEN MIN     +/-

Stuart       29        1     3       4         23          6

Mcquaid     33        0     7       7         64          14

NUMBERS SUGGEST MCQUAID HOLDS HIS OWN TO STUART

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Is it me or has Stuart been hyped forever? The guy had a good pedigree coming out of college but I haven't been impressed. Darren raises a good point on Ference, $2 million for him handicaps the team. It just seems like we have Chara and a bunch of number four-five defensemen (Seidenberg being a marginal number 2).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Which numbers suggest that McQuaid is a better defenseman than Stuart? 

I generally look at the way a defensemen plays to determine the quality and ability of the defenseman.  If you want to compare McQuaid to a defensive defenseman, goals and assists don't matter. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Here's what I think. Bruins will sign Stuart and Marchand. The two most NHL ready from Providence are Arneil and Caron. Maybe Bartkowski or Cohen, but that would require trading Boychuck and Ference. I believe they Need to resign or extend both Ryder and Wheeler unless they are traded before the 28th. Need to resign them even if they want to trade them, or in Ryder's case, let him walk and frustrate someone else. I am hoping Rex retires, and would love to see a replacement for Thornton who is tough, like McQuaid, but not limited to "goon" activities. If all my thoughts take place, 2011 will start as :: Lucic/Savard/ Horton; Marchand/Bergeron/Caron; Arneil/Kreji/Seguin;Wheeler/ Campbell/ "newbie". The defense would then be Chara/Bartkowski; Seids/Kamfer; Stuart/ McQuaid.  The confusion rests on what to do with Wheeler and whether or not to trade Kreji for a strong D or a Zach Parise type and move Seguin to center.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

in your honest opinion NAS....would you rather have

Stuart at 2.5 million roughly  or Mcquaid at .625

that 1.9 million in savings could go along way

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]in your honest opinion NAS....would you rather have Stuart at 2.5 million roughly  or Mcquaid at .625 that 1.9 million in savings could go along way
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

There is a reason these players have these contracts.  I'll take the better defenseman, thank you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

haha good answer

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jstucker. Show jstucker's posts

I can't see Boychuk going anywhere. He's still young and makes a few mistakes, but he was a stud at the end of last season and through the playoffs when Seidenberg was out. Boychuk stays.
    As for Stuart, I agree he doesn't exactly live up to a 1st round pick in one of the deepest drafts ever, but he's a solid defensive defensemen. The Bruins will definitely try to resign him and definitely want to, though they may be outbid. Stuart's lack of offense limits his playing time with players like chara, kampfer and boychuk available. Boychuk is useful because he has the shot of chara and the strength of stuart.
    Up front, I think Wheeler is gone. He's been demoted to the fourth line, and while that's been good for that line the last few games, 2.2m is far too much to be paying a fourth liner on this team. Marchand is back without a doubt.
    Ryder is having a decent season stat wise, but is always an enigma due to his consistency issues. Julien will likely push to keep him, Chiarelli will let him walk due to Neely. Ryder is only good when he skates hard, and he doesn't seem to always want to skate. He's not a bruin at heart.