2011 lineup/UFA's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's

In Response to Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's:[QUOTE]I believe Paille is already signed for next season so the only way to get rid of him is waive him which is even more difficult because he signed a two way contract so once waived cannot play for providence Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Where did you read Paille signed a two way contract ? CapGeek says standard contract. NESN and BDC made no mention of a two way. If Paille had a two way like McQuaid he could be sent down anytime PC wants.

Back to the thread Stuart and Ryder should not be on this team next season I don't expect them. Wheeler because of youth and that PC controls his RFA rights will be given another one year.

Mark Stuart cannot skate better, shoot, score more, hit better or fight better than Adam McQuaid at this point. Mark only has more experience than Adam that is the only reason Stuart might make it past the trade deadline. I like Mark allot but he simply does have trade value so it must be explored to get some offense in on the blueline. Chiarelli's cap problem just might save Stuart though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's:
    [QUOTE]Unless someone on a contender waives over $4mil in Stuarts face he's quite likely to be resigned, even ahead of Wheeler or Marchand. Stuart is big, strong, mobile, tough as nails, doesn't take nights off and will protect his teammates, he also rarely has two bad nights in a row.  In Response to 2011 lineup/UFA's :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Stuart is a keeper at the right price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 lineup/UFA's :  Mark Stuart cannot skate better, shoot, score more, hit better or fight better than Adam McQuaid at this point. Mark only has more experience than Adam that is the only reason Stuart might make it past the trade deadline. I like Mark allot but he simply does have trade value so it must be explored to get some offense in on the blueline. Chiarelli's cap problem just might save Stuart though.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion, so I decided to watch McQuaid closely today.  When comparing the two, it doesn't matter who shoots better because that's not what they're out there for.  It also doesn't matter who fights better.

I would say that Stuart does skate better.  McQuaid and good skater go together like Claude Julien and good hair.  Because Stuart is more experienced, I think that makes him a better hitter.  He's able to predict the movement of the opposition better, allowing him to be in better position.  He also doesn't take himself out of position as often to make that check.

Missing from the list above is passing.  As I stated above, I watched McQuaid very closely today.  I might have missed one or two, but I'm not sure any of his passes ended up on the sticks of teammates.  I'll give Stuart the edge here also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

McQuaid will get better than he is as of today with more ice time. Stuart will not improve how he plays as of today with more ice time. McQuaid is still learning Stuart has peaked at how good he will be a solid #5 that is not a dis but simply where Mark has progressed too.

I don't want Mark to go but Chiarelli created this cap mess and has to fix the PP by making a move he might not want to make. That will be trading a good player that gets good return that might not be here next year anyway.

This summer Markov, Wisniewski, Pitkanen, Brewer and Jovanowski will be available. Is there a good bet that one of the might be on PCs radar ? You bet Are all of them better than Stuart ? Yes so why not get something for Mark now ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Mcquaid is better . NAS please stop it.

Mcquaid is taller, has more reach, better skater , better breakout passer, better at board play due to his reach and size, more willing to fight and on top of this comes at a cheaper price.  

I want to hear how is Stuart better other than having more NHL experience. 

I like Stuart but he is gone next year if not this year via trade deadline. Its between him or Ference and Ference is resigned for a while now.

Next years lineup projection

Lucic Krejci Wheeler
    Knight Bergeron Marchand
    Horton Seguin Caron
    Thornton Campbell Paille 

Chara Kampfer
    Seidenberg Warsofsky/Murphy/Hamilton
    Ference Mcquaid

Offseason moves

1. Savard will be traded or out again due to injuries
    2. Stuart , Ryder, Recchi won't be brought back
    3. Wheeler resigned for 2 years for 5 million dollars
    4. Draft a future D with Toronto's pick (Murphy/Hamilton since i doubt Toronto play top 5 worst) and forward/goalie with our 1st round pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Mcquaid is better . NAS please stop it. Mcquaid is taller, has more reach, better skater , better breakout passer, better at board play due to his reach and size, more willing to fight and on top of this comes at a cheaper price.   I want to hear how is Stuart better other than having more NHL experience. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Being taller doesn't make him better.  Ask Boris Valabik about that.  I disagree that McQuaid is a better skater.  I would say his current skating style is cumbersome at best.  I also disagree that he's a better breakout passer.  I rarely see McQuaid make any decent passes at all.  I disagree that he's better on the boards due Stuart's great positioning and speed.

I don't know if he's a better fighter.  I don't recall Stuart getting whooped by anyone.

Yes, McQuaid has a smaller contract.  Usually, in the NHL, you get what you pay for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Ference will be traded soon.  Watch.  We have players ready to take over. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Liles? or Kaberle you sir would make every bit as good a GM as Mike Milbury.

[QUOTE]the reason they let Stuart walk or trade him this yr is because he will command around 2.5 million....and we have a Stuat type with Mcquiad at quarter of the price IMO the top 6 next yr are Chara Siedenberg Ference Kampher Boychuk and one of Kaberle / Pitkanen / Liles with Mcquaid our 7th
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Stuart is hands down a much better positional defenseman. He's as tough, and a leader. McQuaid has something to prove and will turn into a Phanuef type who makes great hits but is out of position most of the time to do it.

Jovocop will stay in Pheonix unless they start dismantelling the team before he's signed. Wisniewski no thanks, Markov hell no, Pitkanen meh, Brewer is not the solution.

If the Bruins can get Boychuck back on track, they have 7 D to roll with, with McQuaid as 7 for next year assuming they resign Stuart. 

[QUOTE]McQuaid will get better than he is as of today with more ice time. Stuart will not improve how he plays as of today with more ice time. McQuaid is still learning Stuart has peaked at how good he will be a solid #5 that is not a dis but simply where Mark has progressed too. I don't want Mark to go but Chiarelli created this cap mess and has to fix the PP by making a move he might not want to make. That will be trading a good player that gets good return that might not be here next year anyway. This summer Markov, Wisniewski, Pitkanen, Brewer and Jovanowski will be available. Is there a good bet that one of the might be on PCs radar ? You bet Are all of them better than Stuart ? Yes so why not get something for Mark now ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]