2011 Trade Deadline Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Good you guys can get punked this time LOL! Ok I know it's from legit twitter accounts this time. Glad Penner stays out west and doesn't get a chance to help a team in the East.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : Maybe Edmonton just gave too little? Just kidding. About the same as what the B's paid for Kaberle give or take...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    They need some speed though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The asking price was high on Penner,  it's been all year.
    Tambellini will always try to make the other team overpay just like he tried prying the 2nd pick overall in the summer for Penner . 
    Glad we have Chiarelli and stood his ground. O'Connell ...... scary,
    Lomabrdi made a desperate move but could help him right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Man, if the Oilers can unload Hmesky and Smid for more picks and prospects they will stink for the rest of this year but their future (and cap situation) will be stellar.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : They need some speed though.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

True. Kabs and Penner make the same amount of $ so maybe the Kaberle deal set the bar for this one?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : True. Kabs and Penner make the same amount of $ so maybe the Kaberle deal set the bar for this one?
    Maybe, I know Tambellini has had a high asking price for Penner for a while. I think it's a good trade but just not what L.A. needs. It's like two Dustin Browns. I don't see them keeping up with Van and Det in the speed department.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Arnott to Washington still alive, we are hearing."

If this goes through I give George McPhee A+ for effort today...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : Maybe, I know Tambellini has had a high asking price for Penner for a while. I think it's a good trade but just not what L.A. needs. It's like two Dustin Browns. I don't see them keeping up with Van and Det in the speed department.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think they tried to shore up their goalscoring with Sturm which turned out to be a bust. Now they have Penner which has cost them much, much more.

It is  a risk that I am not sure will pay off....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]SportsnetSpec "Arnott to Washington still alive, we are hearing." If this goes through I give George McPhee A+ for effort today...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if Arnott and Wideman is enough to put them over the top. Reminds me of last year when they got Morrisson and Belanger. Did not help much last year.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]SportsnetSpec "Arnott to Washington still alive, we are hearing." If this goes through I give George McPhee A+ for effort today...

and Arnott was another player the Habs had on their rador.
    Lou will make it hard and worthwhile.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay everyone, time to put your pencils down.

Now we wait and see if anything big slipped through right before the deadline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1. Tallon is rivalling Burke for arrogance with his moves this week. He has now wheeled 3 of his top 4 defensemen in the last 48 hours, and the remaining guy is Kulikov, who's 19.  This is a huge hatchet job.  He's burning the city to the ground in order to rebuild in his own image.  He better hope there's a horseshoe lodged next to his prostate.

2. Campoli looked okay in Ottawa until the wheels came off the team.  He's another player who's better on a good team and a trainwreck on a bad team.  If Chicago makes the playoffs, he might look like a steal.

3. Laughing at the Shabitants.  It looks like the Kings swooped in and trumped them - basically the same deal with a better prospect and a conditional 2nd.  It's also the same deal the Bruins made for Kaberle, so given that the Bruins could, in theory, have had their choice between the two, which would you have preferred?  I'll take Kaberle.

4. Ladies and Gentleman, it's over!  No more speculating about trades until June!  401 error: E-harmony not found!  Now we just wait for the fifty deals that were filed at 2:59 EDT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Arnott to Washington for David Staekel, the player who concussed Crosby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : I am not sure if Arnott and Wideman is enough to put them over the top. Reminds me of last year when they got Morrisson and Belanger. Did not help much last year.....Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

My post didn't say it would put the Caps over the top now did it. I'd say Arnott and Wideman are better than Morrison and Belanger read before replying.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Bruins get Anton Khudobin (wild) for Jeff Penner and another player."

"If the Bruins have acquired goalie Khudobin, that would be the third player from 2004 draft they've acquired in a week:"

PS. Book, I put on my EHOarmony profile that I always wanted to meet a goalie LoL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : My post didn't say it would put the Caps over the top now did it. I'd say Arnott and Wideman are better than Morrison and Belanger read before replying.
    Whoa San calm down. I think he was just saying HE doesn't think it puts them over the top.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Darren Millard of RSO just cemented his image of one of the biggest cementheads on sports television by stating "Its been a wild day." "Wild?"  Active, yes but wild, I'm not so sure about that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Maybe he meant wild as in "We've been wildly hitting refresh on a whole bunch of websites and constantly calling people in the hope we'd find something to talk about!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : My post didn't say it would put the Caps over the top now did it. I'd say Arnott and Wideman are better than Morrison and Belanger read before replying.

Sorry, it was not meant to be a criticism...just an observation. Sometimes the typed word does not pick up intent or inflection of a statement....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So Vancouver picks up two former Habs, Lapierre and Higgins, for some depth. Interesting in that it seems their achillies heal is all the injured defencemen...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]So Vancouver picks up two former Habs, Lapierre and Higgins, for some depth. Interesting in that it seems their achillies heal is all the injured defencemen...
    They're banking on the d-man to come back healthy. The two former Habs makes their bottom 6 faster and more "punky". Will be interesting if it works out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I have been impressed with Higgens. Even when he was scoring 20 a year. He always looked hungover an dout of shape...

As for Lappy...well....he is what he is.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I have been impressed with Higgens. Even when he was scoring 20 a year. He always looked hungover an dout of shape... As for Lappy...well....he is what he is.....
    I saw Maxim getting traded as soon as the Winchester deal got announced. Just lost more respect for Van. Don't like how they played and don't think that'll change now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup Book the new (e)harmony will be a tune the Make Beliefs produce in the rest of the season!  Overall the Bs did well with the trade scenario.  The second best was St. Louis.  Finally believe it or not Toronto.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

hey dawg,  told you Lou would make them pay.  Steckel and 2nd rounder , wow !

Arnott a UFA is not worth that at all.