2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You both should turn on the Johnny "Football" against Miss. St., at the half and it will only get better.

[/QUOTE]

Hockey or die my friend. I am in Canada now and hockey on saturday is an institution. Sucks but that's just the way it is here. Besides, it would not be a saturday without the sweet crooning of Bob Cole and his profound lack of current hockey knowledge on display.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

jm, Philly's awfulness has little to do with Steve Mason.  The kid has a .925 s% and a 2.34 GAA playing behind one of the most gawdawful defenses in the league.  It's the forwards.  Tye McGinn has as many goals a Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and Simmonds combined!  3 in 6 games for McGinn, 3 in a combined 64 games for those 4.  Last year, those 4 players had 54 goals between them and Giroux and Voracek were point/game players.  Former projected 1 overall pick Couturier doesn't seem to have the offensive game some thought.  After the series against the Penguins a couple of years ago, most people would have called Giroux a gamebreaker.

They can't score.  Leave Mason out of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[/QUOTE] Hockey or die my friend. I am in Canada now and hockey on saturday is an institution. Sucks but that's just the way it is here. Besides, it would not be a saturday without the sweet crooning of Bob Cole and his profound lack of current hockey knowledge on display. [/QUOTE]

Do they show any CFB up there ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

jm, Philly's awfulness has little to do with Steve Mason.  The kid has a .925 s% and a 2.34 GAA playing behind one of the most gawdawful defenses in the league.  It's the forwards.  Tye McGinn has as many goals a Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and Simmonds combined!  3 in 6 games for McGinn, 3 in a combined 64 games for those 4.  Last year, those 4 players had 54 goals between them and Giroux and Voracek were point/game players.  Former projected 1 overall pick Couturier doesn't seem to have the offensive game some thought.  After the series against the Penguins a couple of years ago, most people would have called Giroux a gamebreaker.

They can't score.  Leave Mason out of it.

[/QUOTE]

Mason has looked terrific. Theyre record would and could be even worse if not for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:[/QUOTE] Hockey or die my friend. I am in Canada now and hockey on saturday is an institution. Sucks but that's just the way it is here. Besides, it would not be a saturday without the sweet crooning of Bob Cole and his profound lack of current hockey knowledge on display. [/QUOTE]

Do they show any CFB up there ?

[/QUOTE]

Can always live stream it on the intertubes. Anything can be found with minimal effort.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ahem.....please allow me to clarify my Steve Mason comment:

Any team that has Steve Mason as their number one goaltender is not a playoff team.

That is all......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wow!!

LAK/VAN starts off like gangbusters!! Lot's of action with Doughty showing off his skill.

Hope this pace continures.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Van all over the Kings but Quick is being Quick-like....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Van all over the Kings but Quick is being Quick-like....

[/QUOTE]

He is holding them in. The Blues and Pens game has been good as well, I miss Sobodka.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to UtahBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is holding them in. The Blues and Pens game has been good as well, I miss Sobodka.

[/QUOTE]

Me too in a way. Would have been an excellent 4rth liner here.

2-0 Kings after the first. Van squanders a fast start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's weird seeing Dave Reid say nice things about the Shabs in between plays and periods.

Oilers giving the Hawks all they can handle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

It's weird seeing Dave Reid say nice things about the Shabs in between plays and periods.

Oilers giving the Hawks all they can handle.

[/QUOTE]

Remember the Reid-Poulin pk duo?

Wow!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yakupov is unhappy,wants more playing time, would accept a trade.....oh,oh, here comes Stanley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yakupov is unhappy,wants more playing time, would accept a trade.....oh,oh, here comes Stanley.

[/QUOTE]

Thornton and Caron for Yakupov!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And a 6th rounder!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, that made me laugh again. Whats even funnier is he believes it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And a 6th rounder!

[/QUOTE]

A conditional 6th rounder of course....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] It's weird seeing Dave Reid say nice things about the Shabs in between plays and periods.

Oilers giving the Hawks all they can handle. [/QUOTE]

Remember the Reid-Poulin pk duo?

Wow!!! [/QUOTE]

I'd put them up against any PK duo!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sabres, Panthers, Flyers and Isles win, Avs lose tonight.  Anyone besides Stanley pick this?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In the Habs/Lightning game tonight, the Bolts took a shot from the point and it hit the post and was ruled no goal by the ref. The play continued and at the first whistle break the Lightning asked for the play to be reviewed, the review showed the puck had in fact entered the net but the ref waived it off anyway saying that the Tampa player interfered with Price. Huh? If the Tampa player interfered with Price why wasn't a penalty called in the first place and if he was going to disallow the goal, why review it anyway? Strange.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How in the hell did NAS's Panthers beat the nominal best team in the league?!?!

Why...Timmah! of course....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

In the Habs/Lightning game tonight, the Bolts took a shot from the point and it hit the post and was ruled no goal by the ref. The play continued and at the first whistle break the Lightning asked for the play to be reviewed, the review showed the puck had in fact entered the net but the ref waived it off anyway saying that the Tampa player interfered with Price. Huh? If the Tampa player interfered with Price why wasn't a penalty called in the first place and if he was going to disallow the goal, why review it anyway? Strange.

[/QUOTE]

I saw this too.  Inexplicable.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was off by a couple of players...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Buffalo and TO tonight. Scott back in the lineup with the game in ACC. Should be a gooder....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE]Buffalo and TO tonight. Scott back in the lineup with the game in ACC. Should be a gooder....[/QUOTE]

Colton Orr, Frazer McLaren, and Mark Fraser all in the lineup tonight. #Leafs #Fireworks

Oh boy!!!