2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

Seems like I had hardly got to my seat last night when Seguin hits Peverly with a breakaway pass that Peverly promptly buries.  Good greif.

After that, Seguin looked like Seguin and Peverly looked like Peverly.  I don't think the Stars are very good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like I had hardly got to my seat last night when Seguin hits Peverly with a breakaway pass that Peverly promptly buries.  Good greif.

After that, Seguin looked like Seguin and Peverly looked like Peverly.  I don't think the Stars are very good.

[/QUOTE]

Like last year's Seguin & Peverly ? If so then things are back to normal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE]

After that, Seguin looked like Seguin and Peverly looked like Peverly.  I don't think the Stars are very good.[/QUOTE]

That was the Peverley of 2011 and most of 2012. And yer right after that...back to normal.

que Marco...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I see Taylor Hall got hurt on a check by Gryba, apparently clean, in the Oilers game against Ottawa. Didn't return, he's turning into the next Markov, just can't stay healthy. On a side note Dubnyk played well today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

NHL goalies are giving up some weird ones lately.  Here's one by Fleury today:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/watch-marc-andre-fleury-goal-alex-edler-slapshot-175444168--nhl.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

We'll believe it when we see it.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/patrick-kaleta-says-changing-game-trying-positive-influence-180557455--nhl.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Taylor Hall left todays game with a knee injury, Oilers finally got a solid performance in net from Dubnyk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Leafs lose for the second time in a row.  This time in Chicago 3-1.  They have another tough one coming up on Tuesday when the Ducks come to Toronto.  All we need now is for the Habs to lose at home to Nashville.  That game's tied 1-1 late in the third.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Seth Jones' second of the year on a curl and drag gives the Preds the late lead 2-1 in Montreal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seth Jones' second of the year on a curl and drag gives the Preds the late lead 2-1 in Montreal.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, Jones is looking pretty good so far this season. Of course, playing with Weber probably helps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Did you see that play, JM?  That had nothing to do with Weber - that was all a kid with the instincts to see the opportunity, the guts to take the chance, and the skills to finish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you see that play, JM?  That had nothing to do with Weber - that was all a kid with the instincts to see the opportunity, the guts to take the chance, and the skills to finish.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. No doubting Jones' talent. Just issuing a blanket comment on how Weber as a mentor is likely doing the kid some good in his overall game. Poile should be very happy he decided to match Holmgrens offersheet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seeing MacKinnon play, I don't think the Avs have any regrets, but I wonder if the Drouin and Barkov picks are still being upheld with complete confidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seeing MacKinnon play, I don't think the Avs have any regrets, but I wonder if the Drouin and Barkov picks are still being upheld with complete confidence.

[/QUOTE]

MacKinnon is in a pretty good situation in Denver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ease up on the Crosby b@ll washing McGuire LoL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Leafs were down 2-0 to the visiting Ducks but they've scored 2 in the second to tie it up 2-2.  Anaheim's on a 5-on-3 PP right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Leafs have taken the lead 3-2 on Kessel's second of the game.  One of his laser snipes on Hillier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just got done watching the John Spano 30 in 30 story and then the Islanders tie the game against the Canuckleheads with 1:12 left.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just got done watching the John Spano 30 in 30 story and then the Islanders tie the game against the Canuckleheads with 1:12 left.

[/QUOTE]

A great series, San. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Panthers just placed TT on IR:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=688107&navid=nhl:topheads

Guess he should have done more yoga in the offseason?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sens up 4-1 over Detroit in the second period. Howard is already pulled. Alfredsson must be doing his former team a solid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I don't know about the Penguins goaltending situation as the back-up Zatkoff looks a little shaky to say the least. I see Fleury has had a nice start but if his game goes south the Pens could be in trouble. Hello Florida is TT available?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Chris Stewart whomped Zack Kassian last night in St. Louis.  Watch Stewart pull a Sugar Ray Leonard and drop his left arm to his side while having his right locked and loaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iai57othQH0

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Leafs lost their third in four games last night in Columbus 5-2.  The Blue Jackets scored four times in the third.  It was Clarkson's first game back after his 10-game suspension. 13,930 in attendance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Look who's tied for second in scoring on the Wild behind Parise.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20132014&gameType=2&team=MIN&position=S&country=&status=&viewName=summary