3 B's invited to Team Canada Camp...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

3 B's invited to Team Canada Camp...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428191

BBB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Re: 3 B's invited to Team Canada Camp...

No Iggy...No Surprise...

BBB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Fair or unfair...those three would likely comprise Canada's fourth line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

No Hamilton - slightly surprised...

I know he wouldnt make the team but i see Dougie being a part of the team in the future.. would be good exposure IMHO

BBB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wow - Marchand with the invite but no Jamie Benn. I get they have different styles, but on a macro level this surprises me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Can I root for a fantastic season for these guys, interrupted by a horrific two-week slump in February...?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I can't see Lucic making it only because of the bigger ice surface, but if he has a good 1st half he may have a shot. Bergeron I think will be the teams 2nd center. Marchand may go if he & Bergs have a good half. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Chicago Blackhawks have the most players invited with five, followed by the Pittsburgh Penguins with four and Boston, Los Angeles and Washington with three each."

Might as well pick from the most recent SCF champs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

If the Canadian squad doesn't win the gold medal, will there be fire Claude threads?

Congrats to the 4 Bruins invited!

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Everyone says the big ice would hurt Lucic but I don't see it. He would be on any team I could pick from any group of players. He's a monster and a competitor. And he's faster than many think. Sidney would love to have him on his wing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

I can Lucic making it because he's a known crunch time performer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Everyone says the big ice would hurt Lucic but I don't see it. He would be on any team I could pick from any group of players. He's a monster and a competitor. And he's faster than many think. Sidney would love to have him on his wing.

This is the 2nd time in a row that Yzerman invited him to camp. He knows exactly what he's getting with Lucic and clearly isn't concerned about his chances on the big ice. I agree with you completely. If Lucic stays healthy he's making the team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I hope Lucic does make it, but going by hockey people's assessments the bigger ice surface is a concern. Now he may come to camp & be great at the Father David Bauer arena, C.O.P & the O' Oval;  those worries will no longer have any validity. I know I can't wait for the camp in Calgary and I'll do what Bad Hab did with regards to the prospects & let everyone know how the team looks. Especially the goalie's. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Can I root for a fantastic season for these guys, interrupted by a horrific two-week slump in February...?

LOL! I remember in 2010 when Thomas went in the net with a 6-0 lead. I was hoping for a total collaspe by him & the US. So, knowing how I felt about Timmy at that time. That should make you feel better Fletch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Lucic makes this team. Kevin Lowe is very high on him and why shouldn't he be? I'd put Marchand on it too but that might be a bit too much to ask for. For my money Lucic and Marchand are your prototypical Canadian big tournament players - money players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I hope Lucic does make it, but going by hockey people's assessments the bigger ice surface is a concern. Now he may come to camp & be great at the Father David Bauer arena, C.O.P & the O' Oval;  those worries will no longer have any validity. I know I can't wait for the camp in Calgary and I'll do what Bad Hab did with regards to the prospects & let everyone know how the team looks. Especially the goalie's. 

Nite, it sounds like it may just be an orientation - no ice time at all. Has to do with insurance reasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

I know he wouldnt make the team but i see Dougie being a part of the team in the future.. would be good exposure IMHO

BBB

He was average at the world juniors.  hes got a long way to go if he wanna plays with canadas elite. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Canada took bertuzzi back in the day.  Looked terrible.  if lucic makes it who doesnt?   He gonna beat out perry, giroux and others?   I dont see that happening.  Marchand has a real shot bc he kills penalties and would work well with bergie.   Lucic is very prone to bad penalties as well.   

would love to see him in that jersey.  I just dont see it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I understand the dynamic behind the concern of Lucic on the larger European ice despite my feeling among those who believe he's quicker than he sometimes appears as we witnessed several times during this year's playoffs.  Was it vs the Leafs we saw him zip around their D and bust in on Reimer? 

My question is within the context of the game itself and the manner in which they both perform their respective positions, why would the ice size over there be more of a concern for Lucic up front and not for Chara on the back end? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd say Bergeron is a lock, with Marchand having a better chance than Lucic.

Kind of shocked to see no Cam Ward, Jason Spezza and to a lesser extent Fleury, who even with his struggles I think will have a bounce back year. Ward and Spezza obviously coming off injuries but both are healthy now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

BBB

I'm shocked your slightly suprised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yzerman has said that players being able to skate will be a big factor.   I dont think lucic would hurt you but a guy like marchand has played awesome for world juniors and his speed penality killing would be idea on a team like this.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Kind of shocked to see no Cam Ward, Jason Spezza and to a lesser extent Fleury, who even with his struggles I think will have a bounce back year. Ward and Spezza obviously coming off injuries but both are healthy now.

Cam ward surprises me.   Spezza Fleury dont.   James Neal ahead of Benn surprises me.  No dan girardi also surprises me.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Cam ward surprises me.   Spezza Fleury dont.   James Neal ahead of Benn surprises me.  No dan girardi also surprises me.  

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Cam Ward and Girardi were surprises along with Benn.  I hope it's Price in goal.  Wear him down.

Since Rask will probably be playing...

...Oh boy...what have I done...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Cam Ward and Girardi were surprises along with Benn.  I hope it's Price in goal.  Wear him down.

Since Rask will probably be playing...

...Oh boy...what have I done...

[/QUOTE]

Playing his normal backup role to Rinne.  Good thing there is no cap on olympic teams.  14 million between the pipes.