4th Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

4th Line

So the first three lines have been discussed over the past week or so but what about the make up of the 4th line? It was integral in our cup run so what do you think it will look like. Campbell? Soderberg? Does Thornton finally sit and we bring up someone with a smidge of talent? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: 4th Line

I think it wll be exactly the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It will likely be the same, though I wouldn't mind seeing Fraser replace Thornton. From the sounds of it he can do what Thornton does and more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only change i see is maybe Paille moved to the third line to help out Kelly cover up for Soderberg who's known more for his offensive prowess....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Me too, keep Paille on the 4th line with Campbell and Thronton. Not a knock against Paille, I just think he excels in that role where on the 3rd line, I'd like a little more offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

Me too, keep Paille on the 4th line with Campbell and Thronton. Not a knock against Paille, I just think he excels in that role where on the 3rd line, I'd like a little more offense.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I keep hearing and reading people saying that Paille should be on the third line bc of his good year last year.  I love Paille but he belongs on the 4th line. The only way i can see him moving up, is if Campbell moved up too.  Those two work as well together as any two players on the bruins.  Just keep the 4th line as is, have thornton fight the dummies, and have Campbell and Paille pop in the odd goal here and there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenken14. Show jenken14's posts

I would like to see Kelly moved to the forth line with Campbell and paille. Would like the lines to look something like this.

Lucic-Krejci-Soderberg

Marchand-Bergeron-Caron or a different rookie someone faster sould be nice

Eriksson-Spooner-Iginla

Paille-Campbell-Kelly

CJ likes to roll four lines and all lines would be pretty affective like ths.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jenken14's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see Kelly moved to the forth line with Campbell and paille. Would like the lines to look something like this.

Lucic-Krejci-Soderberg

Eriksson-Spooner-Iginla

Paille-Campbell-Kelly

you have a better chance of Whitey Bulger being released then Soderberg playing on the first line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to jenken14's comment:

Lucic-Krejci-Soderberg

Eriksson-Spooner-Iginla

Paille-Campbell-Kelly

the B'S didn't acquire Loui & Iggy to be centered by a rookie on the third line....

Caron's in a battle just to make the team much less the second line....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Since the knockout concussion, Thornton hasn't been the same. Not sure what he contributes at this point?

but thank you for the Cup in 2011!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Bye Bye ST ... Bruins have enough team toughness , they need someone who can contribute more  and is younger.... Caron, Paille, and Campbell will be fine....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I agree with most, it will stay the same, but here is an idea (that was briefly mentioned by another poster, but in a weird way. How about bumping Kelly to the fourth line, ditch ST, and have a rookie line as the third line. Spooner - Soderberg - Smith/Fraser/Knight/FA pickup

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Its funny, most of the east teams have clowns now so ST may have a role.  Buffalo, montreal, pitt, philly, sens and especially the leafs.  The leafs have one tough team.  Now if ST is gonna let all of them run chara lucic etc etc like he did this year we may need to find a younger less brain dead gun slinger.  I really like the parros signing for montreal.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thornton is now too slow to make the team with. The P-Bruins ....can you imagine him playing with the Bruins this year ??   We are suppose to be one of the best team in the NHL why would PC keep a turtle like that ??

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Would love to see Thornton as full time public relations. He has made all of the on ice contributions he can, and should cede the tough guy role to Fraser or Robbins{sp.] who can also contribute with more hockey skills. Soderberg is a center, so it might be Kelly who moves to the wing on the third line. Iggy will play with Kreji, and Ericsson with Bergeron/Marchand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Thornton was never known for his speed or offensive skills....  he's there to play 7-8 mins. of bump & bang and if he's willing to drop his gloves against opponents that're taking liberties, i have no problem with him on the team....

as for Robbins having more hockey skills, please check his stats....  31 and never's even passed gas as an nhler....  career minor league goon and a small one at that....

unless Thornton comes to camp in bad shape expect to see him with the B'S for another year, at least....  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Thornton was never known for his speed or offensive skills....  he's there to play 7-8 mins. of bump & bang and if he's willing to drop his gloves against opponents that're taking liberties, i have no problem with him on the team....

as for Robbins having more hockey skills, please check his stats....  31 and never's even passed gas as an nhler....  career minor league goon and a small one at that....

unless Thornton comes to camp in bad shape expect to see him with the B'S for another year, at least....  

Drop his gloves against opponents thatre taking liberties........

ST forgot how to do this.  Orr ran wild all last year.  Remember when lucic was running everything in a ottawa jersey late in the year.  Might even be the last game.   Neil said i dont think so.  Thats what i want from ST.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

ST forgot how to do this.  Orr ran wild all last year.  Remember when lucic was running everything in a ottawa jersey late in the year.  Might even be the last game.   Neil said i dont think so.  Thats what i want from ST.   

[/QUOTE]

apparently CJ thinks ST'S doing his job, and he's the one making the decisions....

plus, PC'S not going to pay him 1m to see him in the pressbox....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

apparently CJ thinks ST'S doing his job, and he's the one making the decisions....

plus, PC'S not going to pay him 1m to see him in the pressbox....

[/QUOTE]

If he's not effective in his role I dont see why he wouldnt. He's just like any other player on the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well I hope he shows up in bad shape cause WE DONT NEED HIM ANYMORE ..is that clear enough

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Bye Bye ST ... Bruins have enough team toughness , they need someone who can contribute more  and is younger.... Caron, Paille, and Campbell will be fine....

Should be a no-brainer especially with money being tight. Reilly Smith or Camara have a real shot making the 4th line, trade Thornton for a draft pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]Bye Bye ST ... Bruins have enough team toughness , they need someone who can contribute more  and is younger.... Caron, Paille, and Campbell will be fine....

Should be a no-brainer especially with money being tight. Reilly Smith or Camara have a real shot making the 4th line, trade Thornton for a draft pick.

[/QUOTE]

Oilers would take him in 2seconds.  if we need another rodeo clown we can get one for half the cost, younger and crazy.   parros would have been a nice replacement.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Bye Bye ST ... Bruins have enough team toughness , they need someone who can contribute more  and is younger.... Caron, Paille, and Campbell will be fine....

[/QUOTE]

Oilers would take him in 2seconds.  if we need another rodeo clown we can get one for half the cost, younger and crazy.   parros would have been a nice replacement.  

[/QUOTE]

I still say that all ST needs is a summer of power skating lessons instead of working at the steel mill. He probably just figures improving as a player wouldn't be as interesting. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Like I said, the 4th line is the best in the nhl. Do you think its its because of 2 guys or 3? Whoever playes with Thornton seems to play well. He's got at least another good year in him. Quit ragging on him. I'm glad that some of you don't run the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!