5 Trades I want to See

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

5 Trades I want to See

1. Steve Stamkos to Toronto for Luke Schenn, Nazim Kadri, Clarke McArthur, 1st round pick in 2012

although i would hate for him to be in our division, he is a big time player that deserves to be in a hockey market.

2. Martin Brodeur to Detroit for a 2012 3rd round pick

Martin's last yr shouldnt be on a team that picked 4th overall, Does NJ has enough to make the playoffs?..i believe so, but they dont have enough to win it all, Go for the CUP Marty

3. Ales Hemsky to anyone

Seriously, if i hear another yr of Rumors that he is getting traded i might cry, all day

4. Chris Kelly and Zack Hamill to New York Islanders for a 2nd round pick in 2012

Is that all Hamill and Kelly can fetch?....yes....Zack needs a fresh start, and although Kelly had a great playoff run with us, i feel the third line LW spot is better served for Caron or Spooner....it also takes 2.1 miilion off our cap ...the 2012 draft is very deep, a pick in the 31-38 range will be very valuable

5. Jordan Stall plus for Iginla

Why would both teams do this?, very simple, Calgary needs to get younger, getting Stall would give them a new face for the franchise and start on the retool stage rather then rebuild, and Pittsburgh needs an elite winger to play with Crosby, who better the Iginla

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: 5 Trades I want to See

I like trade #4 in theory but the Islanders are going to be much better than people expect next year (Streit returning from injury; Tavares maturing; same for Moulson; Grabner could be an elite player; potential upside in young goaltending), and a 2nd round 2012 draft pick might not be yield much for the Bruins.

I'd explore something w/a greater return.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So...the Senators gave up Kelly for the #60 pick, but somehow adding Hamill should return something better than a higher second than the Sens got for Kelly?  Nah...

If the best offer Yzerman can get for Stamkos is a 3-4 defenseman, an unproven, smallish, one-dimensional prospect, a journeyman winger and a mid-first round pick (assuming the Leafs will be reasonably better with a full year of Reimer - and they'd be adding Stamkos), then he should let Stamkos sit.  He doesn't deserve anything like this kind of consideration as a 22 year old.  If he were 30 and had never played in the playoffs? Maybe.  But if you're saying good players should only play in hockey markets, then shut down half the league right now.

Sometimes you have to get in touch with your inner Harry Sinden.  That is, the owners have rights in collective bargaining too, and if the players want to take a hard line in negotiations, the owners should exercise those rights.  Then the question you gots to aks yersef is how long will I have to play to make back the $7M they offered to pay me this year (plus all the interest and payoff on potential investments) that I turned down because I'm worth $8M/year?

The answer only starts with 7 years of $8M per, assuming you eventually get your price.

Brodeur trade?  Nah.  Unless he asks, and then I'd look at Vancouver - maybe even for Schneider.  Imagine if Van. had been able to pull Luongo in the finals and bring in the winningest goaltender in NHL history?  I don't want to think about it - though I firmly believe now that that Bruins team was set to overcome anything.

Hemsky...best way to end the trade rumours would be for the Oilers to start winning games and for him to stay healthy.  They need to keep him to stay up to the cap floor!

Staal for Iginla?  How about Malkin for Iginla and some picks?  Pitt can't afford Crosby and Malkin long term - and they know it - so make that deal for now, so you can make a run while Iggy's still got gas, and for the future when he doesn't and you need Cap room and picks to replace him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1. Steve Yzerman would say No!

2. Lou Lamoriello and Ken Holland would both say no. Lou knows two things Brodeur puts fannies in the seats and could still get the Devils out of the first round of the playoffs and Holland will never ever pay more than 3.5M a year for a goalie he's on record saying it.

3. I have no idea what Tambellini is thinking and I don't care because it is not the 2010 draft plus the Oilers regular season play doesn't effect the Bruins.

4. Spooner would have to show Julien that he has his defensive zone skills NHL mastered for Ryan to supplant Kelly. Offensive output in the preseason games wouldn't be enough.

5. Ray Shero would laugh then hang up cause great young defensive centers who can also score are very, very hard to come by and cap concerns for Pittsburgh would almost be the 1st reason.

#4 to me is the only debatable one not impossible.

PS. "Zach Hamill isn't...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Trades I want to See:
    [QUOTE]I like trade #4 in theory but the Islanders are going to be much better than people expect next year (Streit returning from injury; Tavares maturing; same for Moulson; Grabner could be an elite player; potential upside in young goaltending), and a 2nd round 2012 draft pick might not be yield much for the Bruins. I'd explore something w/a greater return.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Just wait until Nino and Strome crack the club.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to 5 Trades I want to See:
    [QUOTE]1. Steve Stamkos to Toronto for Luke Schenn, Nazim Kadri, Clarke McArthur, 1st round pick in 2012    although i would hate for him to be in our division, he is a big time player that deserves to be in a hockey market. 2. Martin Brodeur to Detroit for a 2012 3rd round pick     Martin's last yr shouldnt be on a team that picked 4th overall, Does NJ has enough to make the playoffs?..i believe so, but they dont have enough to win it all, Go for the CUP Marty 3. Ales Hemsky to anyone     Seriously, if i hear another yr of Rumors that he is getting traded i might cry, all day 4. Chris Kelly and Zack Hamill to New York Islanders for a 2nd round pick in 2012      Is that all Hamill and Kelly can fetch?....yes....Zack needs a fresh start, and although Kelly had a great playoff run with us, i feel the third line LW spot is better served for Caron or Spooner....it also takes 2.1 miilion off our cap ...the 2012 draft is very deep, a pick in the 31-38 range will be very valuable 5. Jordan Stall plus for Iginla    Why would both teams do this?, very simple, Calgary needs to get younger, getting Stall would give them a new face for the franchise and start on the retool stage rather then rebuild, and Pittsburgh needs an elite winger to play with Crosby, who better the Iginla
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

1. Simply not enough for Stamkos.  Not even close.  They will get an impact player or 2 or 3 in return.  The Mike Richards/JJ+ for Stamkos is something I would consider if I were Tampa.  I still think he stays in TBay.  Wonder if Montreal would trade Gomez for Vinny straight up.
    2.  Detroit has their goalie and he played great for them last year.  I see Marty retiring a Devil(which is what he should do).  Devils are never out of it.  They always surprise me when I count them out.  They have a lot of talent over there
    3.  Hemsky, I also think he remains and Olier and signs an extension unless they get some outstanding offer.  Hemsky has never complained about his time in Edmonton.  They need to resign guys that like it there.  He and Capt. Canada are perfect for that club.  If dealt I will guess the NYR.  Their is a history between them.
    4.  I can see this happening.  Kelly played great but we have the kids coming soon. 
    5.  Staal for Iggy.  I like Sans idea of Malkin(much bigger face of the franchise) for Iggy and a 1st rounder.  Staal proved he can take on 1st or 2nd line center role.  Crosby finally gets a gun slinger to ride shotgun. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Wow didn't think #1 was that off, you have to remember that Mcarthur will probably stay around the 15-25 goals a year mark, Schenn although Bruins fans might think he is a bum, is highly regarded around the league as a shutdown defenseman. Nazim Kadri, who really knows, he might be a star, or he might be a 3rd line player his whole life, thats the chance teams take. and the 1st overall pick will probably fall in 10-20 range, and in next years draft thats a real good pick.

also remember that the lightning dont want to take on too much more $$$,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

As much as I respect Marty as a no-brainer HOF goaltender, he's kinda headed down the stretch run and I think Jimmy Howard played preeeeettty well for Detroit.  I don't think goaltending is Detroit's problem, it's that erratic handling of the puck in their own end.

And as someone said, Marty should retire a Devil.

I'd still love to see the B's obtain that offensive player who makes you sit up a little more attentively when he hops over the boards.  That kind of pure threat hasn't been in black for a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Trades I want to See:[QUOTE] also remember that the lightning dont want to take on too much more $$$ Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

Darren, I'm sure you already know the cap floor is at 51M and Tampa is at 49M now. Vanek allowed Yzerman to go to 57M at the trade deadline last season it paid off Steve got Jeff more beer, pretzels, soda and dog sales for 3 rounds plus the cow bells were being swung all the way up to the top of the arena. Throw in some juicy nhl.shop.com accessory's sales Vanek is really smiling.

I think Vanek will let Yzerman hover around 57-58M again this season then decide in March of 2012 how close he'll allow Steve to get to 64M. This allows Yzerman to get Stamkos in well played Jeff and Steve, well played.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd like to see Kessel get traded again, somehow I find that hilarious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]So...the Senators gave up Kelly for the #60 pick, but somehow adding Hamill should return something better than a higher second than the Sens got for Kelly?  Nah... If the best offer Yzerman can get for Stamkos is a 3-4 defenseman, an unproven, smallish, one-dimensional prospect, a journeyman winger and a mid-first round pick (assuming the Leafs will be reasonably better with a full year of Reimer - and they'd be adding Stamkos), then he should let Stamkos sit.  He doesn't deserve anything like this kind of consideration as a 22 year old.  If he were 30 and had never played in the playoffs? Maybe.  But if you're saying good players should only play in hockey markets, then shut down half the league right now. Sometimes you have to get in touch with your inner Harry Sinden.  That is, the owners have rights in collective bargaining too, and if the players want to take a hard line in negotiations, the owners  should exercise those rights.  Then the question you gots to aks yersef is how long will I have to play to make back the $7M they offered to pay me this year (plus all the interest and payoff on potential investments) that I turned down because I'm worth $8M/year? The answer only starts with 7 years of $8M per, assuming you eventually get your price. Brodeur trade?  Nah.  Unless he asks, and then I'd look at Vancouver - maybe even for Schneider.  Imagine if Van. had been able to pull Luongo in the finals and bring in the winningest goaltender in NHL history?  I don't want to think about it - though I firmly believe now that that Bruins team was set to overcome anything. Hemsky...best way to end the trade rumours would be for the Oilers to start winning games and for him to stay healthy.  They need to keep him to stay up to the cap floor! Staal for Iginla?  How about Malkin for Iginla and some picks?  Pitt can't afford Crosby and Malkin long term - and they know it - so make that deal for now, so you can make a run while Iggy's still got gas, and for the future when he doesn't and you need Cap room and picks to replace him. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Hey Book? Just remember who Canada replaced Brodeur for in the Oylmpics. Do you think Canucks fans would be OK with that? All though I think Corey would be a perfect replacement for Marty. Not saying he'll do what Marty did; but I think he'd be a good fit there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I like trade #4 in theory but the Islanders are going to be much better than people expect next year (Streit returning from injury; Tavares maturing; same for Moulson; Grabner could be an elite player; potential upside in young goaltending), and a 2nd round 2012 draft pick might not be yield much for the Bruins. I'd explore something w/a greater return.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Try? This is the ONE deal I wish PC would do! I honestly think him & Chara would improve the B's PP by at least 12 %! Which would put them in the top 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]1. Steve Stamkos to Toronto for Luke Schenn, Nazim Kadri, Clarke McArthur, 1st round pick in 2012    although i would hate for him to be in our division, he is a big time player that deserves to be in a hockey market. 2. Martin Brodeur to Detroit for a 2012 3rd round pick     Martin's last yr shouldnt be on a team that picked 4th overall, Does NJ has enough to make the playoffs?..i believe so, but they dont have enough to win it all, Go for the CUP Marty 3. Ales Hemsky to anyone     Seriously, if i hear another yr of Rumors that he is getting traded i might cry, all day 4. Chris Kelly and Zack Hamill to New York Islanders for a 2nd round pick in 2012      Is that all Hamill and Kelly can fetch?....yes....Zack needs a fresh start, and although Kelly had a great playoff run with us, i feel the third line LW spot is better served for Caron or Spooner....it also takes 2.1 miilion off our cap ...the 2012 draft is very deep, a pick in the 31-38 range will be very valuable 5. Jordan Stall plus for Iginla    Why would both teams do this?, very simple, Calgary needs to get younger, getting Stall would give them a new face for the franchise and start on the retool stage rather then rebuild, and Pittsburgh needs an elite winger to play with Crosby, who better the Iginla

Jordan would NEVER EVER replace Iggy in this city!!! I live here & that is ONE trade that would make JF disappear to the hockey idiots of the planet in Flames fans eyes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]As much as I respect Marty as a no-brainer HOF goaltender, he's kinda headed down the stretch run and I think Jimmy Howard played preeeeettty well for Detroit.  I don't think goaltending is Detroit's problem, it's that erratic handling of the puck in their own end. And as someone said, Marty should retire a Devil. I'd still love to see the B's obtain that offensive player who makes you sit up a little more attentively when he hops over the boards.  That kind of pure threat hasn't been in black for a long time.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Probably since #8 retired? Not holding my breath Sox; but Seguin has that ability. He's a hi-light reel machine if he can find the proper guys to play with. I hope CJ gives him some time with Bergy & Marchand! If Ryder can help the kid? Bergy & March gotta be able to right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]Ales Hemsky to anyone     Seriously, if i hear another yr of Rumors that he is getting traded i might cry, all day

LOL I agree man. Such a shame to see his talent on such a brutal team. Once the kids mature, he'll be past his prime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Trades I want to See : Try? This is the ONE deal I wish PC would do! I honestly think him & Chara would improve the B's PP by at least 12 %! Which would put them in the top 5.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I would love to see Streit in a B's uniform as well. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the game...excellent skater/puck mover/great shot, decent physical presence as well.

But I think the Isles have finally learned their lesson from the idiocy of the Millbury years (i.e. trading away great young talent left & right--thanks for letting Chara loose into free agency, btw, Mike!)...and I can't see them letting Streit go for anything that wouldn't be too high a price for the Bruins to pay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think Streit can be called a great young talent - he'll be 35 in Dec.

nite - yeah, I remember.  But they were calling for Bobby Loo's head, and Van. clearly lost confidence.  Drop in Brodeur and that all might change.  Brodeur wasn't Brodeur in the Olympics - he hasn't had that extra level of awesome in a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

1- Just plain ol'dumb. Must be a Leaf fan.

2- Brodeur is the main reason that Lou is in the HHOF, so I can't see him ever trading him. Plus, I'd be surprised if the Devils are not in the Playoffs this year.

3- They'll never get value for him since Sather is max'd out, and Milbury isn't a GM anymore.

4- If you'll notice, NYI haven't made many trades in the last 5 or so years. At least not big ones. Not going to happen.

5- I'd love to see Iggy in Black and Gold. A True goal scorer. I've posted many times this past year that I've love to have him in Boston, and there were many that said he was finished. 40 goals later.... I'd give up Horton and a 1st for him. 
    I can't see Pitts giving up Stall for anything. He's a main part of that team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]1- Just plain ol'dumb. Must be a Leaf fan. 2- Brodeur is the main reason that Lou is in the HHOF, so I can't see him ever trading him. Plus, I'd be surprised if the Devils are not in the Playoffs this year. 3- They'll never get value for him since Sather is max'd out, and Milbury isn't a GM anymore. 4- If you'll notice, NYI haven't made many trades in the last 5 or so years. At least not big ones. Not going to happen. 5- I'd love to see Iggy in Black and Gold. A True goal scorer. I've posted many times this past year that I've love to have him in Boston, and there were many that said he was finished. 40 goals later.... I'd give up Horton and a 1st for him.  I can't see Pitts giving up Stall for anything. He's a main part of that team. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Horton straight up is too much for Iginla. Horton is far younger and makes half the money that Iginla makes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Okay, first thing. IF Calgary were to trade him, which I think is virtually impossible, but if, they would need to show their fans a lot of return. Horton straight up might not cut it. You are trading a proven 40 goal man - 40 goal avg over last 5 yrs (50 twice in his career)  for a proven 25 goal man- avg 26 over last 6 yrs - . Yes, the age and dollars are not comparable, but there is more to this than just numbers. You are talking about a Franchise player. Team Canada Hero. 
    The only reason I see it happening is the money and age. They get the Cap space, and a pretty good goal scorer, and some possible future talent and save a lot of money. We get one of the best goal scorers in the league right now and can afford him. Lucic / Krejci / Iginla . Wow.
    Not going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I love these posts, dont agree with any of the trades, like where your heads at though..no way Iginla or Brodeur leave, both face of the franchises..I agree that Staal is very good, better than most think, almost too good defensivly where it hurts his offensive output.
    I'll chime in with 5 of my own:

Spezza to Flames for picks/prospects: iginla needs a center, multi talented, slick passer whos passion has been questioned. something tells me playing next to Iginla would be just the kick in the pants this kid needs.

Alfredsson to Red Wings for Mccollum-Fippula/Picks: I know, there goes my face of the franchise argument but lets face it, Ottawa is rebuilding needs a good young goalie, Detroit has Howard and Alfie just belongs on the Wings.

Lecavalier to Habs for Gomez/picks: Stamkos will sign, will be captain and it will be HIS team. Vinny is the french player Habs fans dream of. Perfect fit there.

Weiss to Leafs for Gustavsson/ picks/prospects. Kessel needs a center, Weiss needs a change of venue. Weiss, much like Horton is a much better player than his time in Florida would suggest. the Monster can battle it out with Clemmensen
     for good goalie on a bad team.

Not a trade but would like to see Selanne sign with Winnipeg and Modano in Minnesota...I'm dating myself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 5 Trades I want to See : I love these posts, dont agree with any of the trades, like where your heads at though..no way Iginla or Brodeur leave, both face of the franchises..I agree that Staal is very good, better than most think, almost too good defensivly where it hurts his offensive output. I'll chime in with 5 of my own: Spezza to Flames for picks/prospects: iginla needs a center, multi talented, slick passer whos passion has been questioned. something tells me playing next to Iginla would be just the kick in the pants this kid needs. Alfredsson to Red Wings for Mccollum-Fippula/Picks: I know, there goes my face of the franchise argument but lets face it, Ottawa is rebuilding needs a good young goalie, Detroit has Howard and Alfie just belongs on the Wings. Lecavalier to Habs for Gomez/picks: Stamkos will sign, will be captain and it will be HIS team. Vinny is the french player Habs fans dream of. Perfect fit there. Weiss to Leafs for Gustavsson/ picks/prospects. Kessel needs a center, Weiss needs a change of venue. Weiss, much like Horton is a much better player than his time in Florida would suggest. the Monster can battle it out with Clemmensen  for good goalie on a bad team. Not a trade but would like to see Selanne sign with Winnipeg and Modano in Minnesota...I'm dating myself.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I hope your lady doesn't walk in on you.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CasualTee. Show CasualTee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Trades I want to See : I hope your lady doesn't walk in on you.........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hope he has some considerable flexibility.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 5 Trades I want to See : I love these posts, dont agree with any of the trades, like where your heads at though..no way Iginla or Brodeur leave, both face of the franchises..I agree that Staal is very good, better than most think, almost too good defensivly where it hurts his offensive output. I'll chime in with 5 of my own: Spezza to Flames for picks/prospects: iginla needs a center, multi talented, slick passer whos passion has been questioned. something tells me playing next to Iginla would be just the kick in the pants this kid needs. Alfredsson to Red Wings for Mccollum-Fippula/Picks: I know, there goes my face of the franchise argument but lets face it, Ottawa is rebuilding needs a good young goalie, Detroit has Howard and Alfie just belongs on the Wings. Lecavalier to Habs for Gomez/picks: Stamkos will sign, will be captain and it will be HIS team. Vinny is the french player Habs fans dream of. Perfect fit there. Weiss to Leafs for Gustavsson/ picks/prospects. Kessel needs a center, Weiss needs a change of venue. Weiss, much like Horton is a much better player than his time in Florida would suggest. the Monster can battle it out with Clemmensen  for good goalie on a bad team. Not a trade but would like to see Selanne sign with Winnipeg and Modano in Minnesota...I'm dating myself.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

And here I thought the first 5 'trades' were insane. These deals are so one sided. Try again, only take some time and some thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Trades I want to See : I hope he has some considerable flexibility.
    Posted by CasualTee[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's Ron Jeremy ?