5:30 pm Start ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

5:30 pm Start ?

Seems like a strange start time for a playoff game. I am so used to the 1pm or 3pm starts for an afternoon game. Anyone know why the odd start time ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: 5:30 pm Start ?

I don't know and I don't like it.  It'll be 3:30 where I am, which is not the most practical time to slip away from the family and drink for 3 hours.  I'll probably be watching in segments with lots of distractions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for the heads up .....I saw 5:30 and I thought it was MT time ( 7:30 ET )....I would have missed most of the game, while at work no less !!!   Whoo hooo !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

It's all about the TV coverage.  Bs-Rangers @ 5:30 then DET-CHI @8:00.  One game ends, the next starts.  The NHL is just trying to squeeze every last $$$ they can out of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't know and I don't like it.  It'll be 3:30 where I am, which is not the most practical time to slip away from the family and drink for 3 hours.  I'll probably be watching in segments with lots of distractions.

We live in the same world. Weather here is awful today. Which means 4 kids home and a 20 month old who doesnt care about the three other teleivions in the house she wants to watch Caillou on the 60 inch television that was bought with payoff hockey in mind.

It's her world Fletch, I just live in it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll take a 2:30 local time start over the 9 am starts during the regular season. At least now I can justify a pint during the game to the wife. Hard to get away with a beer at 9 in the morning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I'll take a 2:30 local time start over the 9 am starts during the regular season. At least now I can justify a pint during the game to the wife. Hard to get away with a beer at 9 in the morning.

Just tell yourself it's noontime somewhere in the world Red. After a few you'll beleive it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll believe it, but will the wife?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I feel for you kel but believe me they grow up fast.  I always say that when they put me in the wooden box, I want to be remembered as the greatest dad in the world.  Nothing else matters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

We live in the same world. Weather here is awful today. Which means 4 kids home and a 20 month old who doesnt care about the three other teleivions in the house she wants to watch Caillou on the 60 inch television that was bought with payoff hockey in mind.

It's her world Fletch, I just live in it.

I hear ya Kel, and I have half as many kids as you.  Gonna stay that way too...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I'll believe it, but will the wife?

Could always change the time on her phone when she isn't looking. I tried that once & had 4 beer b4 my daughter told the boss lady that I was full of it! Innocent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I feel for you kel but believe me they grow up fast.  I always say that when they put me in the wooden box, I want to be remembered as the greatest dad in the world.  Nothing else matters.

Perfect hang. I could not agree with this more. My wife tells me I spoil them too much, cave in too easily, spend money we don't have on them etc..Don't get me wrong, I'm still a dad...but my answer is always, "When i'm dead and buried, those kids will know their dad gave them everything he had and loved them to the ends of the earth"...

One more thing...My father-in-law, recently passed away. Old-school sicilian, he once said. "Nobody can love their granchildren more than me. The same yes. But not more." It's always stuck with me.

Your a good man hang.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Perfect hang. I could not agree with this more. My wife tells me I spoil them too much, cave in too easily, spend money we don't have on them etc..Don't get me wrong, I'm still a dad...but my answer is always, "When i'm dead and buried, those kids will know their dad gave them everything he had and loved them to the ends of the earth"...

One more thing...My father-in-law, recently passed away. Old-school sicilian, he once said. "Nobody can love their granchildren more than me. The same yes. But not more." It's always stuck with me.

Your a good man hang.

Thanks kel as are you and sorry for your loss.  Your father in law was a smart man.  Spoil the heck out of them!