6-0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

6-0

Two teams yet to lose, Sharks and Avs. Sharks came out of the gate 6-0 last year, then took a bit of a dive. See what heppens now if Boyle misses and exentded period of time.

As for the Avs, who saw this coming? Varlamov and Giguere are providing excellent goaltending and their suspect defense has yet to be exposed. I'm not an I told you so guy, but I've always liked Matt Duchene, boy does he look good. Absolute joy to watch. Fun team to watch, and I'm curious to see what Roy is like when they hit a little bit of adversity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: 6-0

Av's look good, with all the young talent they have it's nice to see them come around. A big part of it is Roy, whether its his coaching style or the confidence he instill's, it seems to be working for now. Its also amazing how solid goaltending can up a teams confidence level (see Edmonton Oilers for evidence to the contrary ) and allow them to not play nervous. The next step, as you say, is when the inevitable adversity bug hits and how Roy and the team handle it. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

San Jose seems a little bit more sustainable to me, although they have done this in the past and losing Boyle would be a big blow.

The Avs seem to be on a high of having a new coach, renewed interest, and a collection of young talent that is coming together.  You can see the confidence.  But it will be really interesting to see what happens after the first losing streak.  I'm not sure how battle tested they are.

The back end is still a house of cards too and I could see it come crashing down. But I do think their top 9 forwards are as good as anyone, save for Chicago possibly.  They are fun to watch too.  They have Detroit tomorrow, which will be a real interesting game.  I'll be there.  So will 5,000 Detroit fans that left that freezing hellhole to live in Denver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't imagine it's going to last, but I'm happy for the fans there for now.

Enjoy the game, Fletch!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"So will 5,000 Detroit fans that left that freezing hellhole to live in Denver."

They take over the Pond when Detroit plays the Ducks. Red Wing fans travel well for sure or they have migrated out of an abandoned area.

Wrong about both teams so far. Can the Sharks survive without Boyle, if he's out for awhile ?

I'm still waiting for the Avalanche defense to cave but they haven't, they can freakin skate. I am praying for Colorado to have a 3 game losing streak so I can see that snide lookin smile finally of St. Patricks face!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Leafs had a hell of a time dealing with their speed last week when the Avs came into town and beat them 2-0.  Phaneuf and friends were left to frequently defend odd-man forays that were caused by the quick transition of the Colorado forwards heading into the Leaf end. 

Several on-air announcers on THE FAN 590 have been suggesting teams facing the Avs are underestimating them and somehow believe they're the same lower-rung club of recent years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I am praying for Colorado to have a 3 game losing streak so I can see that snide lookin smile finally of St. Patricks face!

[/QUOTE]

From your lips to God's ears....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I am praying for Colorado to have a 3 game losing streak so I can see that snide lookin smile finally of St. Patricks face!

[/QUOTE]

From your lips to God's ears....

[/QUOTE]

Let some of the air out of his balloon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And there is a lot of air these days LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good for the Av's but I'm tempted to, at this early point, lump Roy in with the likes of Tortorella, Keenan, and Rex Ryan in football (i.e full-bore all the time). It is certainly refreshing at first, but is it sustainable over the course of a full season/few years? Time will tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good for the Av's but I'm tempted to, at this early point, lump Roy in with the likes of Tortorella, Keenan, and Rex Ryan in football (i.e full-bore all the time). It is certainly refreshing at first, but is it sustainable over the course of a full season/few years? Time will tell.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.  I think Roy has all of the characteristics of that hard-line coach who can take a young team very far in short term.  In the long term, I think players get burned out.  

From all appearances he's a tyrant on the bench and even whistles for line changes.  A buddy of mine has been to a few practices and said he kicks players out of practice and chews guys out regularly.  Again, that stuff works great with a young team needing structure and inspiration, but when you have a more veteran group of millionaires in a few years, they get tired of showing up to boot camp every day and tune the guy out.  Then the negativity and resentment creeps into the room (See: Rangers last year).

I think Roy catches lightning in a bottle for a few years...then flames out big time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Results are what they are, but Roy's record indicates his volatility will soon impact the team. From the comments here, he still thinks he's coaching Juniors, and as indicated, could be turned off quickly. Aside from that, his design of three scoring lines could be indicative of the future, particularly since the West has been evolving that way recently, and team's fourth lines will need to be as versatile as the bruins 3rd line which now has a scorer like Marchand. In fact, and this is not "Claude bashing", speed will lead to three scoring lines; elimination of non-productive fighters; and more versatile , as well as faster D-men