A Big Test

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

A Big Test

I think these next 3 games will be how Peter decides what he's going to do with regards to Seindenbergs absence. These are the 3 of the biggest teams who all play a similar style. St. Louis is the other. Let's see how the smaller d playing more minutes handles this situation. Plus we have to take into account that everything is far more intense come play-off time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: A Big Test

Timing is everything as they say... They catch LA and San Jose maybe not playing their best hockey lately....Anaheim , who I think is the best team right now in the NHL will be tough....

4 out of 6 points is pretty good next three games....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah statement games!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Looking forward to these games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't have high hopes with a few guys still out of the lineup and 3 tough games in a row.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Timing is everything as they say... They catch LA and San Jose maybe not playing their best hockey lately....Anaheim , who I think is the best team right now in the NHL will be tough....

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. An Anaheim/Chicago matchup would interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Those west coast stops will be challenging.  Combined LA, the Sharks and Ducks are an outrageous 45-6-2 at home.  There's big-time potential for it to be Death Valley for the Bruins out there but the Kings are 4-6 in their last 10,  SJ is 6-4.  Anaheim's hot going 9-1.

I see the Bruins being highly aware of these teams knowing there will be no room for prolonged lapses.  They'll be ready and return no worse than 2-1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. An Anaheim/Chicago matchup would interesting.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, Anaheim has 4 good lines that can score when they are on the ice... No enforcer on this team ... But they have team toughness .. Boudreau has done a nice job reshaping this team...right now I don't think Chicago handles them.... Anaheim vs Bruins in Cup final... Book it :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You guys have nitwit junior so stirred up he is talking to himself on another thread, 5 posts in a row. Thinks he wins debates by  posting over and over when noone cares cause they have lost interest in talking to someone who never thinks hes wrong.   Then he starts to attack, swear, threaten, and become less and less coherent

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Definately big games... but I am pretty sure PC will go after a vet D regardless. Bart will only see time if there is an injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definately big games... but I am pretty sure PC will go after a vet D regardless. Bart will only see time if there is an injury.

[/QUOTE]

I am too, but I think this could have a bearing on how big he goes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Completely depends on the asking price. PC won't overpay... remember Zanon and Pandolfo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Give Miller a chance, he has a bit more upside than Bartkowski.  I don't mind Bart, he has been okay as a 6th D, but he makes too many mental mistakes.  I think we have gotten just about as much as we are going to out of the guy who was a throw in on the Seids deal, I don't think it is realistice to expect much more.  

Miller has similar size to Seidenberg lets see if he can play 'as big'.  He just strikes me as more steady than Bartkowski, I think he has a shot at being a reasonable fill in.  Lets give him another 10 games and see before we give up assets for a rental.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to heebiehoo's comment:

Give Miller a chance, he has a bit more upside than Bartkowski.  I don't mind Bart, he has been okay as a 6th D, but he makes too many mental mistakes.  I think we have gotten just about as much as we are going to out of the guy who was a throw in on the Seids deal, I don't think it is realistice to expect much more.  

Miller has similar size to Seidenberg lets see if he can play 'as big'.  He just strikes me as more steady than Bartkowski, I think he has a shot at being a reasonable fill in.  Lets give him another 10 games and see before we give up assets for a rental.

I won't say it isn't possible but I will say improbable. Miller becoming one of the strongest guys in the league by April? Look they don't call Seinenberg the German Tank for nothing! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Completely depends on the asking price. PC won't overpay... remember Zanon and Pandolfo.

[/QUOTE]

A player of Seidenberg's stature to the team wasn't missing when they brought Zanon on board. PC may overpay for a deep run. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If they can manage 3 points out of 6, then we know this is a really, really strong team and not just something that's looking good on paper. Doesn't matter how pretty or ugly it is...just go work your tail off to 3 points and live to fight another day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Bruins have allowed 7 PP goals in 17 PK chances since Dennis Seidenberg went down. That's a 59 percent success rate on the PK."

PC better be working the phones. A Zanon, Mottau or Redden isn't going to cut it against teams like Chicago, Anaheim, LA or St. Louis.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The Bruins have allowed 7 PP goals in 17 PK chances since Dennis Seidenberg went down. That's a 59 percent success rate on the PK."

PC better be working the phones. A Zanon, Mottau or Redden isn't going to cut it against teams like Chicago, Anaheim, LA or St. Louis.

[/QUOTE]

Or Pitt,Tampa,Detroit,Scabs etc...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A shame that Ladi Smid went to Calgary so inexpensively a little while back.  Not a real mobile guy, but a decent stay at home, physical defender.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This trip is a test, but with injuries and the flu bug hitting the team if they struggle I wont hold it against them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Goaltender is part of the PK... Just sayin' !  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

This trip is a test, but with injuries and the flu bug hitting the team if they struggle I wont hold it against them.

[/QUOTE]

Nor will where they're playing against teams with a total of 6 losses combined. Ducks-0, L.A- 5 & The Sharks- 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A healthy Eriksson and Kelly should make DEFENSIVE help top priority (our PK versus NJ, NYI and Anaheim was just horrific!)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nor will where they're playing against teams with a total of 6 losses combined. Ducks-0, L.A- 5 & The Sharks- 1.

[/QUOTE]

Graet find Nite, thats amazing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

right now I'd be happy with 2 points against these teams.