a couple of stats that encourage me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

a couple of stats that encourage me

Bruins number one in the playoffs with 38.2 shots per game, pens towards the bottom with 33.4 shots against per game. Why is this important? their goalies are horrible. Keep getting those shots through from the blue line fellas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: a couple of stats that encourage me

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Bruins number one in the playoffs with 38.2 shots per game, pens towards the bottom with 33.4 shots against per game. Why is this important? their goalies are horrible. Keep getting those shots through from the blue line fellas

Fleury is horrible, Vokoun is much better 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Vokoun has been very good.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Thats good, but not the whole story. Scoring chances are far more important. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In order for us to win, we are going to need to chase Vokoun from the net and see how fragile Fleury responds from riding the pine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Bruins had a lot of good looks at Lundquist, I suspect they will at Vokoun too. B's will score.  Big difference in this series will be staying out of the box.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i'm not sold on the pens blue line. throw shots on net, the rebounds will be there, then out muscle the D...maybe try to out finesse murray

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

their goalies are horrible.

Have you not seen Vokoun's play ? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

watched every game of the series. not impressed, he's been OK, but OK isn't good enough in the ECF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

In order for us to win, we are going to need to chase Vokoun from the net and see how fragile Fleury responds from riding the pine.

Agreed. Vokoun was good for the Pens but I think if we put the kind of quality shots at him like we did with Lunquist, we'll be fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

watched every game of the series. not impressed, he's been OK, but OK isn't good enough in the ECF.

A .941 SV% and 1.85 GAA is just about as awesome as his 6-1 record.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No way anyone can make that statement about Vokoun. Stellar is my description.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A .941 SV% and 1.85 GAA is just about as awesome as his 6-1 record.

NAS, you don't think Quick's 1.50 GAA and .948 sv % are great, but Vokoun's numbers are?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

NAS, you don't think Quick's 1.50 GAA and .948 sv % are great, but Vokoun's numbers are?

Quick had some really bad moments at the beginning of the playoffs.  I'm not sure if you watched them or not.  Of course, you're taking something I said three weeks ago and applying it to the present. 

But, in light of my request for everyone to get along, I'll wait until the playoffs are over to discuss this approach of yours.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Quick had some really bad moments at the beginning of the playoffs.  I'm not sure if you watched them or not.  Of course, you're taking something I said three weeks ago and applying it to the present. 

But, in light of my request for everyone to get along, I'll wait until the playoffs are over to discuss this approach of yours.

It was said less than two weeks go, and his stats were even better then, even with those bad moments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Orpik and Murray were destroying the Sens forwards all series.  We will need Lucic, Horton and co. to push back to give the others the room they will need.  Should be fun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I rather a team takes less shots.  Lots of low percentage shots just gets the goalie confident.  Take fewer, get him on edge, and make the shots count.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Pens beat the Sens and Islanders. Sens had the lowest goal total of all the playoff teams andweren't  strong enough in front of the net to really test him. Hes been pretty composed but the jury is still out on how hes gonna respond to the big bodies we can put in fromt of him. Imo pens D and goaltending is not as good as the rangers and we handled them just fine. Our power play statistics are now rising signifigantly since Krug entered the lineup. On the other side they got the best player in the worl and hanfull of goal scorers. Im not sure how this series is gonna end, but im pretty confident its going the distance and i like our chances. Add the Karma of the Iginla situation, we could be looking at another Marrian Hossa story. We will see....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

.......then I have to say your eye for watching hockey is just ok too. I'm not impressed with what you see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Tomas Vokoun is a 37 year old, nearly .500 goaltender with an over 2.50 goals against average. Im sure you can take hundreds of goaltender's from the NHL's history and cherrypick a couple week's here and there and argue that they're the next Ken Dryden.

Not sold..not even remotely.  Goaltending is their obvious weakness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Tomas Vokoun is a 37 year old, nearly .500 goaltender with an over 2.50 goals against average. Im sure you can take hundreds of goaltender's from the NHL's history and cherrypick a couple week's here and there and argue that they're the next Ken Dryden.

Yeah, his GAA winning percentage are relevant.  Anyone who started out as the backup for an expansion team and then started for Florida should have a really good GAA and high winning percentage!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

He gives up a ton of rebounds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Vokoun has been very good.  

Agree, he's been pretty good against the Bruins , even when he was in Florida. Last season he's won one game 1-0 in shootout and and another close one , I think 2-1 in shootout again. He stood on his head. 

The good news,  he's not better than Lundqvist . More good news , Pens D does not block and get sticks in the way like the Rangers .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't look at his lifetime achievements , look at this years series. Remember Tim Thomas ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Don't look at his lifetime achievements , look at this years series. Remember Tim Thomas ?

Yeah i do remember Tim Thomas.. He of two Vezina awards. Fantastic career numbers. The truest judge of a player is past performance, not recent streaks.