A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter

In Response to A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter:
    [QUOTE]I am probably CJ's biggest supporter on here. I have been a fan of this team for a long time and I simply cannot discount the difference between the Sullivan/Lewis Bruins and the CJ Bruins. He did change the attitude and the culture of this team. We went from laughing stocks to not missing the playoffs under this guy. The team hasn't had a true superstar (save for Chara) since CJ took over and yet we've had great success. I'll make all you CJ haters a deal. Let's give the guy until the end of this season to see if he can turn this around. If he doesn't, I'll jump on the replace Julien bandwagon. I'm with you in that I am not pleased with where we are at this point of the season, but I don't think that a coaching change is a magic bullet. Indeed, if we get the wrong replacement, it's a case of bad medicine that could set us back for years. I also disagree with you that it's all CJ and/or his system's fault. Players need to step up, regardless of who is behind the bench. CJ has his faults, but he's also proven to be a successful coach everywhere he's been (successful = winning more than losing). What constitutes turning this ship around? I'll set the bar high, to make the deal sweeter for you: At least a third round appearance. If he makes it to the third round, you guys lay off until his contract is up. If he doesn't, you can continue to bash. However, if he makes it to the second round, you can't keep calling him the  "dumbest coach in sports," "clueless," etc. For the sake of civility and interesting discussing, deal?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

his replacement would be interim with no guarantee beyond the year anyway.

i don't think there is sufficient patience and confidence at this point to do what you're asking. he has a few games left to win or he will be replaced by someone who's high energy and agrees to coach only for the rest of the year, with a wink and a nod that if he gets them to the Finals he will stay on next year.

it seems like the only option at this point. yes, it's kind of desperate but Claude has already reached a point of desperation himself. the team needs a strong leader right now.

-- requisite addendum: I have great respect for Claude as a coach and a man. the organization can be very proud of the job he's done to this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter:
    [QUOTE]I am probably CJ's biggest supporter on here. I have been a fan of this team for a long time and I simply cannot discount the difference between the Sullivan/Lewis Bruins and the CJ Bruins. He did change the attitude and the culture of this team. We went from laughing stocks to not missing the playoffs under this guy. The team hasn't had a true superstar (save for Chara) since CJ took over and yet we've had great success. I'll make all you CJ haters a deal. Let's give the guy until the end of this season to see if he can turn this around. If he doesn't, I'll jump on the replace Julien bandwagon. I'm with you in that I am not pleased with where we are at this point of the season, but I don't think that a coaching change is a magic bullet. Indeed, if we get the wrong replacement, it's a case of bad medicine that could set us back for years. I also disagree with you that it's all CJ and/or his system's fault. Players need to step up, regardless of who is behind the bench. CJ has his faults, but he's also proven to be a successful coach everywhere he's been (successful = winning more than losing). What constitutes turning this ship around? I'll set the bar high, to make the deal sweeter for you: At least a third round appearance. If he makes it to the third round, you guys lay off until his contract is up. If he doesn't, you can continue to bash. However, if he makes it to the second round, you can't keep calling him the  "dumbest coach in sports," "clueless," etc. For the sake of civility and interesting discussing, deal?
    Good luck making this deal happen.The bashers think Boston wins games in spite of CJ and lose them because of him.Admittedly,it's increasingly difficult to argue some of his choices(such as the 4th line on the ice in last 2 min).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : his replacement would be interim with no guarantee beyond the year anyway. i don't think there is sufficient patience and confidence at this point to do what you're asking. he has a few games left to win or he will be replaced by someone who's high energy and agrees to coach only for the rest of the year, with a wink and a nod that if he gets them to the Finals he will stay on next year. it seems like the only option at this point. yes, it's kind of desperate but Claude has already reached a point of desperation himself. the team needs a strong leader right now. -- requisite addendum: I have great respect for Claude as a coach and a man. the organization can be very proud of the job he's done to this point.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]
    All good points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I have no idea how far an interim coach to basically come in and fire them up would take this team as opposed to claude. But after seeing this team run out in the playoffs 3x in a row and go 0-10(or more) during a stretch last year. That id guess id try it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Who do we find interim that's better than CJ? Interim, you'd have to hire a guy with no negotiating leverage  (read: a rookie, likely in the middle of a season somewhere else), or promote from within (read: a HUGE step down).

He needs to prove himself the rest of the way. The whole team does. If not, make changes. But don't tell me we need to make a panic decision in January, especially since this is largely the same squad that lost 10 games in a row last year, made the playoffs without their number 1 center, and eliminated the division champs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Who do we find interim that's better than CJ? Interim, you'd have to hire a guy with no negotiating leverage  (read: a rookie, likely in the middle of a season somewhere else), or promote from within (read: a HUGE step down). He needs to prove himself the rest of the way. The whole team does. If not, make changes. But don't tell me we need to make a panic decision in January, especially since this is largely the same squad that lost 10 games in a row last year, made the playoffs without their number 1 center, and eliminated the division champs.
    That's enough positive talk from you.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]Who do we find interim that's better than CJ? Interim, you'd have to hire a guy with no negotiating leverage  (read: a rookie, likely in the middle of a season somewhere else), or promote from within (read: a HUGE step down). He needs to prove himself the rest of the way. The whole team does. If not, make changes. But don't tell me we need to make a panic decision in January, especially since this is largely the same squad that lost 10 games in a row last year, made the playoffs without their number 1 center, and eliminated the division champs.

no, it's not the same team. last year they weren't working off of the greatest collapse in NHL playoff history. each of these collapses just reminds everyone of that experience.

just because it's unfair doesn't change that it's a fact.

and they had a productive Savard last year, which they don't have now, and they now have Seguin and Marchand.

i think this experiment has run its course, but he probably has a few more games to show dramatic improvement before the axe falls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea how far an interim coach to basically come in and fire them up would take this team as opposed to claude. But after seeing this team run out in the playoffs 3x in a row and go 0-10(or more) during a stretch last year. That id guess id try it.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

The B's got "run out of the playoffs"?  For two years straight, they've been one goal from the Conference Final.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wow , don't you guys get sleep ,  you're still here (joke).
    I'm also a believer that he's not the problem .
    If the Bruins do fire him I also believe the team might get a boost ,  not sure how far that will ride them and then it'll be same ol same ol .  The personnel on the ice will be the same.
    Chara will get unlucky and and ice the puck instead of going into the net .
    Siedenberg will get pinned in constantly in his own end.
    Boychuck will hesitate enough to clear the zone or make a pass and he get hit constantly.
    Lucic will coast around since he's now considered the Bruins sniper he doesn't go in hard anymore (at least he doesn't every other game) .
    Wheeler and Ryder will continue take dumb penalties.
    Krejci, well,  I have n idea what's wrong with this guy.Has not been the same sine his injury.
    There's more but I think you know what I'm getting at.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : The B's got "run out of the playoffs"?  For two years straight, they've been one goal from the Conference Final.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

and yes maybe with another coach Thorton  is not on the ice with 3mins to go and caught up on an icing.
    Jeeze,  at least he should have replaced Thorton with Marchand or even Recchi if he really wanted Campbell to take the draws

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Winning in season has nothing to do with playoffs.

Season Team Lge Type GP W L T OTL Pct Result
    1996-97Hull OlympiquesQMJHLHead70 48 19 3 0 0.707  
    2000-01Hamilton BulldogsAHLHead80 28 41 6 5 0.419 Out of Playoffs
    2001-02Hamilton BulldogsAHLHead80 37 30 10 3 0.544 Lost in round 3
    2002-03Hamilton BulldogsAHLHead†45 33 6 3 3 0.800  
    2002-03Montreal CanadiensNHLHead‡36 12 16 4 4 0.444 Out of Playoffs
    2003-04Montreal CanadiensNHLHead82 41 30 7 4 0.567 Lost in round 2
    2005-06Montreal CanadiensNHLHead†41 19 16 6 0 0.537  
    2006-07New Jersey DevilsNHLHead‡79 47 24 0 8 0.646 Lost in round 2
    2007-08Boston BruinsNHLHead82 41 29 0 12 0.573 Lost in round 1
    2008-09Boston BruinsNHLHead82 53 19 0 10 0.707 Lost in round 2
    2009-10Boston BruinsNHLHead82 39 30 0 13 0.555 Lost in round 2

Once in Professional coaching has he made it to the 3rd round and he consequently lost. He has 6 losts in RD, 2 out of playoffs, 1 PROMOTION, 2 firings and soon to be a 3rd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

We will win the next 2 games for our fans ..its a promise

Tyler

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This shouldn't be a panic decision this January, it should have been an automatic after 2nd round loss last year with also setting the new standard for Boston ineptitude with his great non-winning streak of last year.

Then he took a 3-0 lead and lost that and then a 3-0 lead in game 7 and lost that.  Cj is taking success to new heights, what is next in store that he can improve upon this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

I really like Julien, i was sooo happy when they signed him but right now i`m very disappointed. That monumental collapse against the Flyers really hurt and i know we were missing Kre but it still hurt. What i`m getting fed up of now is his defensive play with this team. This team has talent enough not to play that way but he refuses to evolve and eventually it will be his downfall. Yesterday was painfull to watch, Thomas choking AGAIN against the Habs and a 3rd period that the Bruins stopped doing what got them there!
    Enough is enough, either evolve or get canned!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Either fire him or start the overhaul, and the overhaul should be his favourites so he can start coaching instead of coddling.

That means bye to Thorn, Rec, Ryder, Krej and Seid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why won't he use Marc Savard in a shootout?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Why won't he use Marc Savard in a shootout?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Because he'd do a behind the back pass to no one instead of shooting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cj came along when they needed a disciplined game to get back on track. He taught them the discipline and then he taught them the defence.

He has taken them as far as he can go.  He has been a valued addition to the team, but the next step needs to come from outside.  If you have to pay him, keep him on as the defensive coordinator, film editor, copy boy or coffe boy, but get someone in who can add fire and brimstone to the team, not this blubbering and blustering. 

There can be a happy medium to O and D, some teams have it, we are not one of them. It looked like we were there 2 years ago, but it disappeared for a stretch before playoffs and has returned albeit for very short periods.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Cj came along when they needed a disciplined game to get back on track. He taught them the discipline and then he taught them the defence. He has taken them as far as he can go.  He has been a valued addition to the team, but the next step needs to come from outside.  If you have to pay him, keep him on as the defensive coordinator, film editor, copy boy or coffe boy, but get someone in who can add fire and brimstone to the team, not this blubbering and blustering.  There can be a happy medium to O and D, some teams have it, we are not one of them. It looked like we were there 2 years ago, but it disappeared for a stretch before playoffs and has returned albeit for very short periods.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    You've probably hit the nail on the head with that one Goat.If the offence is still sputtering in the next 5-10 games CJ could be getting fired by a 1st place team for a second time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : You've probably hit the nail on the head with that one Goat.If the offence is still sputtering in the next 5-10 games CJ could be getting fired by a 1st place team for a second time.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Even as CJ's (self-proclaimed) biggest suporter, I am sympathetic to the argument that he's taken this team as far as it can go -- meaning I understand the reasoning/rationale.

However, loyalty matters. This was a franchise with a terrible image prior to PC arriving, in terms of treating players and personnel. PC has done a lot to repair that image with his confrontationless re-signings (a silver lining to the Ferrence/Savard deals and a bonus to the Chara/Bergeron contracts). What's the message if we fire CJ while in first in the division?

Before you jump on me, I agree apperances is not a sufficient reason to keep CJ, but let's not forget what he did do for us as well. What's the cost of an additional half season and the playoffs?

And, again, what's the potential upside to a firing? We won't get a great coach before the end of the season and we'll get a brief momentum boost. The downside is huge in comparison...anyone here want Rob Murray, Doug Houda, or Geoff Ward in charge? Or Mike Milbury if some of you nuts have your way?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : Even as CJ's (self-proclaimed) biggest suporter, I am sympathetic to the argument that he's taken this team as far as it can go -- meaning I understand the reasoning/rationale. However, loyalty matters. This was a franchise with a terrible image prior to PC arriving, in terms of treating players and personnel. PC has done a lot to repair that image with his confrontationless re-signings (a silver lining to the Ferrence/Savard deals and a bonus to the Chara/Bergeron contracts). What's the message if we fire CJ while in first in the division? Before you jump on me, I agree apperances is not a sufficient reason to keep CJ, but let's not forget what he did do for us as well. What's the cost of an additional half season and the playoffs? And, again, what's the potential upside to a firing? We won't get a great coach before the end of the season and we'll get a brief momentum boost. The downside is huge in comparison...anyone here want Rob Murray, Doug Houda, or Geoff Ward in charge? Or Mike Milbury if some of you nuts have your way?
    Believe me,I've been descibed by some here as a CJ supporter and for the most part it's true.Saying he might get fired if things don't change isn't a lack of support as much as reading the writing on the wall.And you know I think it could happen but I think he needs to do it quickly to fend off the wolves howling for his head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : Believe me,I've been descibed by some here as a CJ supporter and for the most part it's true.Saying he might get fired if things don't change isn't a lack of support as much as reading the writing on the wall.And you know I think it could happen but I think he needs to do it quickly to fend off the wolves howling for his head.

PC doesn't seem like the type to pull the trigger on something like that. Has he ever made a panic, knee-jerk decision? Aside from the Ryder signing, not so sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've said this about a month ago on a thread that Chowdah started on Julien;
    Unless this team takes a dive,  losing streak (i.e. 0-10 skid or losing 12 out of 15games ) they will not fire Julien.
    If Julien ,when summer comes along, this team did not make it to at least to the Conference final I will bet that Julien gets canned.  I'll go as far as saying they have to have  good Conference final for Julien to keep his job.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : PC doesn't seem like the type to pull the trigger on something like that. Has he ever made a panic, knee-jerk decision? Aside from the Ryder signing, not so sure.
    Not to be a doomsayer but if Boston loses the next 3 then CJ might be done.Not saying it should happen but it certainly could.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : Not to be a doomsayer but if Boston loses the next 3 then CJ might be done.Not saying it should happen but it certainly could.

You're saying PC hasn't read this thread and agreed to my terms? You know nothing, you blind sheep.