A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : You're saying PC hasn't read this thread and agreed to my terms? You know nothing, you blind sheep.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Well it's not like he's returning any of my e-mails either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : Well it's not like he's returning any of my e-mails either.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If only you had the same dirt on PC that Ferrence does...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I'm a huge bruins/hockey fan, and as so, I hope they lose the next 3 and get a coach or leader with a pulse in this locker room.  CJ does not get these guys prepared to play 60 minutes, no motivation, and as a player, I would have little motivation or excitement to play in this mucking system either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a huge bruins/hockey fan, and as so, I hope they lose the next 3 and get a coach or leader with a pulse in this locker room.  CJ does not get these guys prepared to play 60 minutes, no motivation, and as a player, I would have little motivation or excitement to play in this mucking system either.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

What if they lose the next 3 and cannot find "a coach or leader with a pulse"? That's the bigger/more interesting question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

No deal.  They'll miss the playoffs if he stays all year

Look at Carolina.  They are coming up the standings hard.  The loser of the division between Boston and Montreal may very well end up the 9th seed and watching the playoffs from their living rooms.

And if it comes down to the Bruins and the Canadians......who do you think is going to come out on top?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : What if they lose the next 3 and cannot find "a coach or leader with a pulse"? That's the bigger/more interesting question.
    That certainly is the catch yet some on here suggest Milbury or Keenan so it seems they don't care who it is .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I've been pretty critical of CJ, but he does seem to be trying to do things a little differently recently:
    - gave Rask back-to-back starts to rest TT and restore TR's confidence
    - has mixed up lines to find the right combos
    - has rewarded Seguin with increased TOI following his 2-point game against Buf
    - has reduced TOI on veterans due to subpar play, including; Savard & Horton
    - has made public remarks to better hold players accountable
    - has shown a little emotion from the bench, a little more fiesty

I continue to try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, as his winning% here is outstanding.  I am still not sold on a replacement either, as you don't want to make the situation worse by simply making a change for change's sake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If anyone here can tell me another coach the Bruins can go get and guarantee the Bruins winning the cup please let me know. 
    Going to the final just won't cut it,  this new coach must win it all.
    Does Belichick know hockey ?  Wait a minute,  he's not even a guarantee in football. Nevermind.
    See DC ,  fans can moan and whine all they want but I'm willing to bet 1000$nobody can pick that coach. 
    In the end if Julien does get canned and this new coach wins the cup with the Bruins it'll be money well spent for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone here can tell me another coach the Bruins can go get and guarantee the Bruins winning the cup please let me know.  Going to the final just won't cut it,  this new coach must win it all. Does Belichick know hockey ?  Wait a minute,  he's not even a guarantee in football. Nevermind. See DC ,  fans can moan and whine all they want but I'm willing to bet 1000$nobody can pick that coach.  In the end if Julien does get canned and this new coach wins the cup with the Bruins it'll be money well spent for me.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Maybe PC should do the Lamerriello and go behind the bench himself.I'd like to see it if only to read the comments on here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : Maybe PC should do the Lamerriello and go behind the bench himself.I'd like to see it if only to read the comments on here.

The same posters that want Julien out want Chiarelli fired also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone here can tell me another coach the Bruins can go get and guarantee the Bruins winning the cup please let me know.... See DC ,  fans can moan and whine all they want but I'm willing to bet 1000$nobody can pick that coach.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I hear Gretzky is available and at a discount from his previous $8 million salary. I bet if we got him, Seguin would score 60, Savard would put up 100+ assists, and Chara would never be on the ice for a goal ever again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : I hear Gretzky is available and at a discount from his previous $8 million salary. I bet if we got him, Seguin would score 60, Savard would put up 100+ assists, and Chara would never be on the ice for a goal ever again.
    Worked in Phoenix didn't it........oh yeah,forget it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : That certainly is the catch yet some on here suggest Milbury or Keenan so it seems they don't care who it is .

This is clearly the big question, but what about a guy from juniors, bob b from windsor spitfires?  I don't have a great answer to this part of the question, but let's hope the higher ups can have a better answer.  There are many good coaches out of work because of the NHL carosel of coaches, like philly getting peter lav, NYR getting torts, etc. 

One thing is for certain, the current coach won't be taking us to a cup championship, he's begun losing his team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : This is clearly the big question, but what about a guy from juniors, bob b from windsor spitfires?  I don't have a great answer to this part of the question, but let's hope the higher ups can have a better answer.  There are many good coaches out of work because of the NHL carosel of coaches, like philly getting peter lav, NYR getting torts, etc.  One thing is for certain, the current coach won't be taking us to a cup championship, he's begun losing his team.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    That's certainly the popular opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The next guy has to be young. The young guys are having tremendous success (Bylsma, Babcock, Davis Paine, Boucher, even Torts and Maurice) while the old guys are struggling or out of the game altogether.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK, we keep CJ for this year, and continue to watch his decision-less process. He has lost a number of players, rightfully or wrong; he continues to play Recchi on a full time line, limiting that line's effectiveness; he has no clue as to what ails Kreji; his inability to reach Wheeler, Ryder, Horton is hurting results; he continues to play Thornton in tight situations; the 4th line in tight situations; which no other coach would do. It is his way or the highway, and the highway is looming. He has failed to establish chemistry between any linemates, and even between defensemen as in splitting Seids and Kamfer in order to help Chara. It is time for Peter to MANAGE the situation, and Murray from Providence is not the answer as their inconsistencies indicate. Cannot expect a rookie to get results. Best guess is Jarvis or Scott Gordon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bob7468. Show Bob7468's posts

Who ever is in charge of the power play needs to be replaced first, then go after Claude.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Really nas? THe conference finals? You mean Semis and how did those end up?

Ive come back to earth about this over the day re: hangover now gone. I just cant stand watching the team blow it like that less reactionary posts from me for now. It just s*cks when 2 of the better players give the game away like that. Its only january so whatever.

Roller made a good post earlier about how they went 0-10 last year and made the semis.  I still think that the team shouldnt blow 2-0 leads in the 3rd period to division rivals esp. MTL... So free pass for some of the reactionary posts today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My guess is that Neely is going to put his signature on the team real soon by firing both CJ and PC.  Neely will assume the GM position for the remainder of the year, and he will hire someone who he already approached after last years' playoff loss.   

Although I like Chara and have no problem with his game, I don't think the team is responding to his leadership any longer.  I would consider giving the "C' to either Bergie or Looch.

Pipe dream?  Maybe.  But I simply cannot support the current leadership of this team any longer.  I always tell my kids that you have to change in order to grow.  No difference here 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

dc-bruins, and BsLegion...I totally disagree, but will give the credit you deserve for at least having the guts to say what you believe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

So, we were ready to fire the coach after the MTL game. What say you now? Take my deal?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Not that I like the way Julien coaches but only a fool would fire a first place coach.
    Its not going to happen so I guess a the Julien haters will have to wait till the end of the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Rock and a hard place.

Fire CJ, an interim coach gets you nowhere. It's never worked b4, it won't work now. Keep CJ, you probably get as far as round 2 again, and another heartbreaking game 7 loss.

He's a defensive minded coach who deserves credit for taking the Dave Lewis punching bag Bruins, who couldn't even keep the mini one on one kids from soring on them, and creating a system that allowed the goalies to thrive and gave the team one of the best goals-allowed avgs. in the league.

But his infuriating insistence on the 4-lines approach--inc. late in games--relying on guys he likes (Recchi, Thornton) instead of guys who have more talent (Horton, Krejci) will ultimtaley, in a playoff format, kill this team.

I'll take dc's original proposal for sure, cuz if the B's made the Conference Finals I'd be shocked as well as pleased. But I don't see CJ as a Stanley Cup winning coach--and I also can't see replacing him w/a stop-gap guy now as a solution.

btw, nice little 3-game win streak here, even if we got some breaks on blown calls last nite

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Rock and a hard place. Fire CJ, an interim coach gets you nowhere. It's never worked b4, it won't work now. Keep CJ, you probably get as far as round 2 again, and another heartbreaking game 7 loss. He's a defensive minded coach who deserves credit for taking the Dave Lewis punching bag Bruins, who couldn't even keep the mini one on one kids from soring on them, and creating a system that allowed the goalies to thrive and gave the team one of the best goals-allowed avgs. in the league. But his infuriating insistence on the 4-lines approach--inc. late in games--relying on guys he likes (Recchi, Thornton) instead of guys who have more talent (Horton, Krejci) will ultimtaley, in a playoff format, kill this team. I'll take dc's original proposal for sure, cuz if the B's made the Conference Finals I'd be shocked as well as pleased. But I don't see CJ as a Stanley Cup winning coach--and I also can't see replacing him w/a stop-gap guy now as a solution. btw, nice little 3-game win streak here, even if we got some breaks on blown calls last nite
    d by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Wait a second TTBI.........breaks on blown calls?What breaks did we receive.I'm not sure Philly's goal that may have been offside should be considered a break.You couldn't just say Boston is better than you thought could ya?You said all it would take was a 4 game win streak(which you even dropped down to 3)to have you change your tune.I actually scanned the forum last night to see what you had to say.It seems to me the half empty glass is rising up but I don't blame you for still having tempered expectations(although getting 15 of the last 20 points is impressive for any team).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

I'm sorry people.  But I am not a CJ fan but the players need to take a lot of responsibilty for the playoff collapse last year.  Yes CJ needs to make adjustments as a game progresses. 

Other teams figure out how to take advantage and if you don't adjust to their adjustments the team willing to make adjustments will always win a series. 

CJ doesn't necessarily need to go but he does have to look over his shoulder as the boot is getting closer and closer.