A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla

Rather than start a million threads, I'll through all of them out at you at once.

#1 Team playing without their best 2 players in the line up still shuts out the Kings.  True the Kings are the Kings, but a 3 zip is still pretty good.

#2 Maybe not so much the Bruins play worse in front of Rask, but better in front of TT.  TT, just being the kind of guy he is, might get more energy out of everyone.  It would be pretty cool if that has turned aroudn starting tonight.

#3 Is is just my eyes or has Benoit becoming a consistant player?  He doesn't seem to be doing Gumby impersonations out there so much.

#4  What's the point of Shawn Thornton?  At least one of you will say there was never a point to Shawn, but he hasn't had a fight in ages and his productivity is way off.

#5 JJ or JJ jr hasn't said anything really stupid since the Cup celebration since he threw mud at Neely "they told me not to say this, but..."  I wonder if he is finally listening to "they".  Good thing for us either way.

#6 Is anyone else annoyed to death by Christopher Moltisanti telling us about good straightforward simple booze and values all the while selling tequilla in a novelty bottle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla

In Response to A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla:
    Rather than start a million threads, I'll through all of them out at you at once. #1 Team playing without their best 2 players in the line up still shuts out the Kings.  True the Kings are the Kings, but a 3 zip is still pretty good. #2 Maybe not so much the Bruins play worse in front of Rask, but better in front of TT.  TT, just being the kind of guy he is, might get more energy out of everyone.  It would be pretty cool if that has turned aroudn starting tonight. #3 Is is just my eyes or has Benoit becoming a consistant player?  He doesn't seem to be doing Gumby impersonations out there so much. #4  What's the point of Shawn Thornton?  At least one of you will say there was never a point to Shawn, but he hasn't had a fight in ages and his productivity is way off. #5 JJ or JJ jr hasn't said anything really stupid since the Cup celebration since he threw mud at Neely "they told me not to say this, but..."  I wonder if he is finally listening to "they".  Good thing for us either way. #6 Is anyone else annoyed to death by Christopher Moltisanti telling us about good straightforward simple booze and values all the while selling tequilla in a novelty bottle?
    Posted by BadHabitude

You mean Thornton didn't fight tonight? He fought in each of the last 2 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla:
    In Response to A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : You mean Thornton didn't fight tonight? He fought in each of the last 2 games.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Didn't notice.  I was probably trying to figure out where the wife hid my liquor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : You mean Thornton didn't fight tonight? He fought in each of the last 2 games.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Last year he was outscoring Kovalchuk at one point and he was mixing it up in the offense, this year I'm not seeing any of that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Last year he was outscoring Kovalchuk at one point and he was mixing it up in the offense, this year I'm not seeing any of that.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I'm not sticking up for the guy. I'm just telling you what happenned. He still stays out too long after his linemates and always goes to the bench when the opponent is going up ice and he's already behind the play. One of his lengthy shifts almost led to a goal but the Bruins were able to ice it instead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : I'm not sticking up for the guy. I'm just telling you what happenned. He still stays out too long after his linemates and always goes to the bench when the opponent is going up ice and he's already behind the play. One of his lengthy shifts almost led to a goal but the Bruins were able to ice it instead.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Why not stick up for him? His owners like him, his coach likes him and his teamates love the guy. None of those people care what we think. He works his butt off for this team practice or game. Guys like that can play on my team any day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Why not stick up for him? His owners like him, his coach likes him and his teamates love the guy. None of those people care what we think. He works his butt off for this team practice or game. Guys like that can play on my team any day.
    Posted by zamboni24

Wouldn't the same logic apply then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Why not stick up for him? His owners like him, his coach likes him and his teamates love the guy. None of those people care what we think. He works his butt off for this team practice or game. Guys like that can play on my team any day.
    Posted by zamboni24

When what we think causes us to buy a ticket or not, they care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Posted by zamboni24

agreed, if 19 other players play better and more confident while he's in the lineup then i'll put up with his below kovalchuk stats.

they are playing the senators tomorrow night, if thornton is scratched then they are playing Matt Carkner and the Senators.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I like Thornton's game and  I think he has 9 fights. But I don't care about the fights. I like how he stands at the redline before games and challenges every player on the other team to try something. I like how he skates hard and doesn't take risks. He brings attitude, some people think that doesn't matter, I think it's invaluable.  Pouliot is really starting to look like an asset. He's a big fast boy with some skill, and he's playing hard. Not as skilled as Hamill though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Didn't notice.  I was probably trying to figure out where the wife hid my liquor.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Sounds like your wife has a thing going with Christopher Moltesante....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Sounds like your wife has a thing going with Christopher Moltesante....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Big Sopranos fan.

Really, does this team need an official cement head when you've got 4 regular players in the lineup who are pretty decent fighers?

If Thornton and Lucic and Chara were out, it wouldn't be like it would be a girl scout troop or something even worse, the Buffalo Sabers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]#2 Maybe not so much the Bruins play worse in front of Rask, but better in front of TT.  TT, just being the kind of guy he is, might get more energy out of everyone.  It would be pretty cool if that has turned aroudn starting tonight. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Turned around? So you want the team to play worse in front of TT?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's the Bruins nuclear option. He's Boston's version of Mutually Assured Destruction. He doesn't have to fight. He just needs to be there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In Response to A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla:
    [QUOTE]Rather than start a million threads, I'll through all of them out at you at once. #1 Team playing without their best 2 players in the line up still shuts out the Kings.  True the Kings are the Kings, but a 3 zip is still pretty good. #2 Maybe not so much the Bruins play worse in front of Rask, but better in front of TT.  TT, just being the kind of guy he is, might get more energy out of everyone.  It would be pretty cool if that has turned aroudn starting tonight. #3 Is is just my eyes or has Benoit becoming a consistant player?  He doesn't seem to be doing Gumby impersonations out there so much. #4  What's the point of Shawn Thornton?  At least one of you will say there was never a point to Shawn, but he hasn't had a fight in ages and his productivity is way off. #5 JJ or JJ jr hasn't said anything really stupid since the Cup celebration since he threw mud at Neely "they told me not to say this, but..."  I wonder if he is finally listening to "they".  Good thing for us either way. #6 Is anyone else annoyed to death by Christopher Moltisanti telling us about good straightforward simple booze and values all the while selling tequilla in a novelty bottle?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Encouraging win without the Big Z.  

Of course they play better in front of Thomas.  He's a better goalie, so it seems that way.

Benoit has become a solid contributer on this team for sure

Should Thornton have 82 fights in 82 games?  If I remember correctly, his aggresiveness turned around both the Tampa & Vancouver series.

Jacobs still wouldn't urinate on us fans if we were on fire.  He's just happy that his investment played in 9 more home games than he budgeted for.  I heard it was a bad year for Polo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Haven't been very many dirty hits on the Bruins when Thornton's dressed. That in itself should count for something. Plus he works the energy line, and does bring the hits which get the crowd riled up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Why not stick up for him? His owners like him, his coach likes him and his teamates love the guy. None of those people care what we think. He works his butt off for this team practice or game. Guys like that can play on my team any day.

I like Thornton's game and I think he has 9 fights. But I don't care about the fights. I like how he stands at the redline before games and challenges every player on the other team to try something. I like how he skates hard and doesn't take risks. He brings attitude, some people think that doesn't matter, I think it's invaluable. Pouliot is really starting to look like an asset. He's a big fast boy with some skill, and he's playing hard. Not as skilled as Hamill though.     

He's the Bruins nuclear option. He's Boston's version of Mutually Assured Destruction. He doesn't have to fight. He just needs to be there.

That says it all. I challenge any of you to go out on the ice with Shawn and try something I guarantee not a soul will. And before you say your not an NHL player that true but your not an NHL GM either. What he brings every night doesnt show on the score board but I guarantee they wouldnt have won the Cup without him.                 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

[QUOTE]Why not stick up for him? His owners like him, his coach likes him and his teamates love the guy. None of those people care what we think. He works his butt off for this team practice or game. Guys like that can play on my team any day. I like Thornton's game and I think he has 9 fights. But I don't care about the fights. I like how he stands at the redline before games and challenges every player on the other team to try something. I like how he skates hard and doesn't take risks. He brings attitude, some people think that doesn't matter, I think it's invaluable. Pouliot is really starting to look like an asset. He's a big fast boy with some skill, and he's playing hard. Not as skilled as Hamill though.      He's the Bruins nuclear option. He's Boston's version of Mutually Assured Destruction. He doesn't have to fight. He just needs to be there. That says it all. I challenge any of you to go out on the ice with Shawn and try something I guarantee not a soul will. And before you say your not an NHL player that true but your not an NHL GM either. What he brings every night doesnt show on the score board but I guarantee they wouldnt have won the Cup without him.                 
    Posted by rlprentiss[/QUOTE]

I forgot this one......Should Thornton have 82 fights in 82 games? If I remember correctly, his aggresiveness turned around both the Tampa & Vancouver series.

If you cant see he serves a purpose on this team, then your just as bad as a pink hat wearing RedSox fan so stay the he'll away from from this game!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Turned around? So you want the team to play worse in front of TT?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

What I meant was that the extra they find for TT, they might start find for Tuukka as well.  People have been saying they play worse in front of Tuuka, and I am thinking it's that they're not playing with that extra energy.  There's a difference.

So turned around so that now they might be starting to do that for Tuukka.

It might have even come when they pulled TT the other night, giving Tuukka and the team the confidence that was missing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soda77. Show soda77's posts

going into last nights game Benoit the becomming a consistant player and the skating stooge had the same number of points....5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

[QUOTE]He's the Bruins nuclear option. He's Boston's version of Mutually Assured Destruction. He doesn't have to fight. He just needs to be there.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Good Post & right on the money!!.....Have you been reading those 800 page Tom Clancey novels too?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

If Thornton isn't in the line-up tonite the boys will get run by Neil,  Carkner and Smith.  We don't need cheap shots on Bergy, Seguin, and Horton not yet ready to fight....so with Thornton in the line-up there will be no cheap shots.  Yes, Lucic can fight/ take care of himself but we don't want him fighting every single game.  Thornton has a role...it's called intimidation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Already mention Thornton did fight and still doing his job being the enforcer and playing with heart. probably is still a presence in the locker room. Future outlook coaching in the OHL.

Poulit is has improve but only has one year contract and will need a job for next season. Future outlook could be Bruin next year or ?

Rask is looking like our starter for next season while Thomas will be an 5 mill back up next season. But when you have a goalie tangent in the top five save% and GAA who's complaining. Future outlook could Thomas be trade bait in the off season or extra security for next season?

Boston 4th line next season could be:

Paille Hamil Caron

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Shawn Thornton is HUGELY important to this team. The Bruins nor the Ducks would have a cup without him. The talent level from team to team is minimal. Its all about having the right atitude in the locker room and relationships within a team. The Bruins 4th line is the best in hockey (see stanley cup banner 2011)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm overwhelmed with all of this backslapping for the Irrepressable Shawn[ hate that spelling, it's girly] Thornton. Yes he gives 100% all the time, but that effort does not include any "HOCKEY" skills. Yes, his role is to counter other team's intimidators If the other team's intimidators have the same lack of skills, they will be on the bench because this Bruins team will bury them. Thornton has filled a role for this team, and as noticed quite clearly last night, he cannot keep up with big, fast, teams, and has no clue how to handle the puck, which he constantly turns over to the other team. He has done his pugilistic job, over the past, when it was necessary. He is no longer necessary, and both Hamill and Caron have better skills, including skating and controlling the puck. Keep him around, but let the more skilled kids play more often. Many of us once thought Pouliot was also less than capable, but Claude , and his linemates, and his own commitment indicate that he is a valuable peice of this Bruins team.