About those Leafs on Saturday....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: About those Leafs on Saturday....

They hate Toronto, and want to keep them down in the standings.  No reason at all to think they'll mail it in.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have no doubt the Leafs will be ready for the Bruins especially coming off the crucial loss to the Panthers.  The B's have shown the ability to bounce back with improved play after a sub-par performance. 

Despite the OT loss in Nashville, they displayed better form than vs Columbus.  They tend to play well here and will on Saturday against Reimer and the Leafs.  The Hab game won't be on their radar come Saturday. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Let's hope that  Graboski's game winning goal with 30 seconds left in 3rd period is still fresh in their minds the last time they played each other on Feb. 15th. That was 2 points that got away, especially blowing a 3rd period lead. They can't afford to take any team for granted. The Leafs will show up to play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Hopefully the Bs will finally put down Old Yeller & put an end to the Leafs playoff push. No excuse for a lackluster performance in this one. HNIC & the Bs hold there pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: About those Leafs on Saturday....:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully the Bs will finally put down Old Yeller & put an end to the Leafs playoff push. No excuse for a lackluster performance in this one. HNIC & the Bs hold there pick.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

HNIC is always huge here in Southern Ontario. Let's hope they put in a big effort on the big stage tom. night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope that  Graboski's game winning goal with 30 seconds left in 3rd period is still fresh in their minds the last time they played each other on Feb. 15th. That was 2 points that got away, especially blowing a 3rd period lead. They can't afford to take any team for granted. The Leafs will show up to play.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

jp - Well said.  If anything, I wouldn't doubt the game you mentioned has given the Leafs confidence against the Bruins.  Coming off their no-show against Florida last night, that they're in the middle of a hunt for a playoff spot needing every valuable point and with Reimer back in goal, the Leafs will be ready and the Bruins will have their hands full and had better be prepared to play 60 minutes.  Toronto certainly will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even when the Bruins were dominating the Leafs since the Philaparazzi trade Toronto played hard it is after all a division game. It took the Pill quite a few games before he finally got a point he made a difference during the last game in Boston. I'll always expect the games between them to be tough and with emotion can't wait.

Kaberle with the game winner RHO ? Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully the Bs will finally put down Old Yeller & put an end to the Leafs playoff push. No excuse for a lackluster performance in this one. HNIC & the Bs hold there pick.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

For a minute there when you said the B's will finally put down Old Yeller that they were going to take Recchi out of the line up.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About those Leafs on Saturday.... : Spot on, RHO.  The Bs effort against Toronto should go a long way in giving us a clue as to how focused they are.   I don't want the 6th seed.  Bottom line.   I don't want to face the Habs without home ice advantage.  This is all i ask for.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

ipot - I'll be down at the game expecting the worst but hoping for the best, bro.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About those Leafs on Saturday.... : ipot - I'll be down at the game expecting the worst but hoping for the best, bro.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game.  If I wasn't going to Boston on Thursday sure Toronto would be on my list.
    Next season, who knows might get Wheatskins to buy us beers. LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About those Leafs on Saturday.... : Enjoy the game.  If I wasn't going to Boston on Thursday sure Toronto would be on my list. Next season, who knows might get Wheatskins to buy us beers. LOL
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, buddy.  Maybe we can get LRH in on it.  I'll be hollering for Kaberle as if he were never a Leaf.  He was well-liked up here so I expect him to receive a warm reception.  Pehaps Leaf management will do a pre-game video retrospective as they've done to other players of long service.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Even when the Bruins were dominating the Leafs since the Philaparazzi trade Toronto played hard it is after all a division game. It took the Pill quite a few games before he finally got a point he made a difference during the last game in Boston. I'll always expect the games between them to be tough and with emotion can't wait. Kaberle with the game winner RHO ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg, as is his custom, the scene would be Kaberle assisting on the game winner, not scoring it himself. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Would be nice if Seguin had his " bust out or comming out game" on hockey night in canada. Looking forward to watching this one sat night. Should be playoff type intensity well thats if the Bruins decide they wana play because you know the leafs are going to be hungry for 2 points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I want the B's to come out and completely destroy the AHL Leafs. To take out all their agression of their recent failures on an upstart minor pro team that everyone is not taking seriously. If the score is not 7-1 then the B's are mailing it in......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@RHO - I suspect that the video homage would be played before or during the third period(depending on the situation) to not give the 'other' side any incentive...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@jm - you're underestimating the Leaf as so many here do.

Yes, they have some call ups but Burke has molded a decent team with a hard-nose coach that's ready to go most any night.

They now have decent goaltending with the rookie Reimer and are pointed in the right direction for the next few years.

We are too quick to dismiss those Leafs/Laffs but realistically - they can free wheel with the best of 'em.

However, if we play like I know we can on Saturday it should be 3-1 for the boys from Beantown...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]@jm - you're underestimating the Leaf as so many here do. Yes, they have some call ups but Burke has molded a decent team with a hard-nose coach that's ready to go most any night. They now have decent goaltending with the rookie Reimer and are pointed in the right direction for the next few years. We are too quick to dismiss those Leafs/Laffs but realistically - they can free wheel with the best of 'em. However, if we play like I know we can on Saturday it should be 3-1 for the boys from Beantown...
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

Fair point Dav. What I see in the Leafs is the one Wilson described a few weeks back. He said the improvement of play had less to do with talent then the fact that they had many AHL callups who were "afraid to go back down," hence the improvement of play within the team system. What I take away from that is a hard working yet talently challenged squad playing over their head.

When I say I want the B's to slaughter them what I mean is that I want them  play to their potential and use all their grit and skill to destroy their water-treading opponent. Should this not occur then my opinion as to the B's team prepardness will fall and I will expect less from them in the playoffs where this will counnt (and, subsequently, they will not see the Buds..)....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

not an important question but will Toronto fans cheer Chara for knocking out a Montreal player ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About those Leafs on Saturday.... : Sounds good, buddy.  Maybe we can get LRH in on it.  I'll be hollering for Kaberle as if he were never a Leaf.  He was well-liked up here so I expect him to receive a warm reception.  Pehaps Leaf management will do a pre-game video retrospective as they've done to other players of long service.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Hey sharing a beverage or two would be great!  Unfortunately I don't live in Toronto anymore, but work there (I commute 2 hours by train 3-4 days a week), however it would be good to work something out.

In any event, the Leaf playoff run is just about spent.  It was fun while it lasted and the Leafs have some some good young talent contributing this year with a lot of cap space available.  Frattin is the US college player of the year, McGregg is 8th in scoring in the OHL, Nicholas is around 11th in the WHL, the  Marlies are playing really well and they have goaltending depth in the minor leagues.  Their deals netted them a couple of late 1st rounders, Gardiner (a former 7th pick), Colborne from your team and some nice late round picks that look to be NHL players in 2-3 years.

My sense is that the Bruins should win this game on Saturday. They need to keep their pedal on the medal going into the playoffs and I expect Kaberle to have a great game (he should get a big standing ovation from the Leaf faithful).

I'm predicting 4-2 Bruins.

It would be great to see the Bruins sink a bit in the standings to improve our 1st round pick and possibly 2nd rounder if the Bruins re-sign Kaberle (which I expect) but I don't expect that.  They are too good a team to be playing the way they've been playing lately.

Hopefully the Leafs hang around long enough to not surrender another lottery pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Dav - I see your point regarding a Kaberle tribute but I think they'll do it pre-game so he can see it as they did for Domi and his 1,000th game a few years ago.

ipot - Folks will be hearing me cheer for the Bruins in the Slovak Republic, bro.

LRH - Until the Leafs are officially eliminated from the playoffs will I say they have run out of road.  Its doubtful anyone thought they would be in this position back in January. 

While its true in past years they became hot when they had no chance for the playoffs and the pressure had lifted, the difference this time is they're still in the hunt with just a few games to go in the regular season.

Aside from NJ, its those Leafs who have put on a real charge, one that has this city buzzing.  Full props to them.  We'll see if our paths can cross somewhere down the line.  Cheers, my friend!