Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC

Anyone see Russia vs Sweden today in the WJC? Larsson was amazing and right now hes projected to go fourth overall. If the Bs could get him with the toronto pick, I would be very excited.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC

Leafs will not be the 4th worst team in the league when the smoke clears. Everyone is in full health and they will be in heavy pursuit of Brad Richards. 

I say they will get Richards but we will still be able to draft in the top ten range. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC:
    [QUOTE]yeah i saw that, question is if the Bruins get the 2nd or 1st pick do they pick him over Nugent-Hopkins or Coturrier (sp?) or would they trade down knowing they could use a d man like Larsson
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins need more goal scoring, as well as another puck-moving d-man in the years going forward. IF they are to take a pass on Couturier at #1 (if they in fact get the #1 pick), then they better sign a guy like Matt Moulson (30 goal scorer) or so in free agency. Couturier is the most talented player in this draft, as of today, and likely will be on draft day. If PC is willing to pass on him, he would be best served to keep quiet, and trade down to the #2 or #3 slot (where he knows he will still be able to select Larsson), acting all-along as if he wanted Couturier, and a team needing a young offensive franchise-player will trade up. If that happens, PC would not only get the guy he really wanted, but get some elite prospects and 30+ goal winger(s) in return. Not to mention, a guy like Mark Stuart, who is a RFA, could be used in a trade to get another solid winger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC:
    [QUOTE]Anyone see Russia vs Sweden today in the WJC? Larsson was amazing and right now hes projected to go fourth overall. If the Bs could get him with the toronto pick, I would be very excited. Adam Larsson draft projection
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

I watched it. Very good young player. Very good hockey sense & also has size. Really looks like he could be a stud. From what I saw today I would love the Bruins to get a shot at him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

And thanks to Phil failing to score against Boston once again tonight. His team inches closer to possibly making Larsson a Bruin next year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Leafs will not be the 4th worst team in the league when the smoke clears. Everyone is in full health and they will be in heavy pursuit of Brad Richards.  I say they will get Richards but we will still be able to draft in the top ten range. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

How can they get Richards?  By trading Kessel and Kaberle for him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i think larsson has way more upside than couturier

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

A nice defensive prospect is just what this team needs.

But I would love Boston to package a couple of guys like Wheeler to get Eric Gudbranson?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Any of the "prime four" of this draft class: Sean Couturier, Gabriel Landeskog, Adam Larsson or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would be fantastic. This is a VERY weak draft, and outside of these 4, there is quite a bit of a drop of. Ryan Murphy, Brandon Saad and Dougie Hamilton are players outside of the "prime four" that will be your good, typical nhl players, but nothing special.

As it stands right now, it looks like it will be a top 4 pick, meaning one of the "prime four" of this draft class.

Buffalo, Ottawa, Calgary and Florida are all within 4 points of Toronto, but all 4 have more talented rosters and hopefully will continue on course.

If the draft was today, it'd be difficult to tell who the Bruins would walk away from the draft with. In all likeliehood, I think that Sean Couturier will be the #1 pick.

I've seen all 4 prospects (on tv or in person) quite a few times, and here is my breakdown of each:

Sean Couturier- IMO, in the last few years, he's as well-rounded a prospect as any we've seen in the last few years. Will he be the scorer that Taylor Hall projects to be? No. However, he's got a gigantic body, and should fill out at around 6'3/6'4 and 215 pounds. He's a SOLID 2-way player, especially in his own zone, and at times you'd think he was a defensemen. He projects to be a Jordan Staal or Joe Thornton type (given his projected body size) player, and is a shutdown defender. In terms of defense, I see a lot of Staal and Bergeron in his game. In his prime, should fetch close to 30 goals and 70+ points.

Adam Larsson-Larsson is a very good defensemen in all areas. I see SOME of Brandon Gormley in him in the fact that he does everything well, but not a lot that is OVER the top (elite wise). However, I think Larsson will turn out to be a better player than Gormley. Larsson has real good size (6'2-6'3 around 200 pounds) and is a good puck moving defensemen. He's got a real good shot, and his passing skills are above average. This kid will be a franchise-type defensemen wherever he goes. He would crack the B's lineup without any question and COULD VERY WELL start out as a TOP 4 defensemen. By Franchise-type, I mean that on a good team such as the Bruins, he will not likely be the #1 d-man, but a strong #2 for many years to come.

Gabriel Landeskog-In terms of Landeskog, I really love this kid. If we were to drop out of the top 2 and into the 3-4 range, I'd want this kid. As was the case with Tyler Seguin, this kid has really shot up the draft boards. He's plays in a good system with the Kitchener Rangers in the OHL and is arguably the league's best player (that is draft eligible). He's got a good shot and good speed, and can play both LW and RW. IDK if he'll be NHL ready, but, it's early, and if continues the amount of progress that he's made from last season to this season, then he WILL be in the NHL next year. He's very physical, a VERY, VERY underrated playmaker and is very good defensively. He's about 6'1/205. In his prime, he should be a consistent 25-30 goal scorer and target roughly 60 points a year.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins-Nugent-Hopkins reminds me a LOT of Henrik Sedin. I've seen the kid play, and his speed and puck-moving ability is elite at the junior level. When he handles the puck, it's as if he was in an all-star/freestyle puck-handling skill competition. At the NHL level, I'd expect him to be a 10G-15G scorer but his point total will skyrocket given his passing ability and speed. In his prime, he'll likely pot 13-18 goals/year, with 20 being his peak. He'll need atleast another year in the minors, but WILL be an elite centerman/playmaker when he gets in his prime. He needs that extra year to get bigger and stronger. He's about 6'0/165 right now, but should fill out to about 175 pounds in a year or two. Keep an eye on the World Juniors next year, as he WILL be one of the better players on the team. Keep in mind that there was only ONE 2011 draft eligible player to make the team this year for team Canada (Couturier), and RNH was one of the last 2 kids cut from the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]i think larsson has way more upside than couturier
    If we do end up selecting Larsson, that could mean a possible trade of Mark Stuart by PC to fetch a 20-25 goal winger. Such as a Devin Setoguchi or someone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]A nice defensive prospect is just what this team needs. But I would love Boston to package a couple of guys like Wheeler to get Eric Gudbranson?
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    Larsson and Gudbranson are two VERY good young players, with very bright futures, but both play VERY different styles. Gudbranson has hardly any offensive aspect of his game (yes, he's had good numbers in the WJC, but expect slightly higher numbers than Mark Stuart in his prime), and Larsson, despite not likely becoming one of the Johnson brothers, will be a solid 30+ point d-man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hockeyguy,

Thanks for the observations...much like Chowda and Winexpos, it's a joy to see someone who sees these kids and forms their own edumacated opinions. We don't see a lot of these kids (outside of hockey east and the wjc) down here...so its nice to hear from those who can speak firsthand, knowledgeably.

To think the B's could very well draft 2,3, or 4!!! Here's to Phil Kessel, the gift that keeps giving.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Leafs will not be the 4th worst team in the league when the smoke clears. Everyone is in full health and they will be in heavy pursuit of Brad Richards.  I say they will get Richards but we will still be able to draft in the top ten range. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

The Leafs are still bad, and they have no hope of getting Brad Richards before March.

They may get Richards once he becomes a free agent. They have nothing that would interest the Stars in the meantime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Stars will take a risk of losing him via FA or keeping him for a stanley cup run. No other team really has interest in Richards than Toronto. Richards himself has stated it would be a big deal to be able to play as a leaf. 

Leafs could package back Grabovski or MacArthur plus Versteeg 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : The Leafs are still bad, and they have no hope of getting Brad Richards before March. They may get Richards once he becomes a free agent. They have nothing that would interest the Stars in the meantime.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention that the Stars have a very realistic shot at getting the top seed in the west (as of now). When the TD roles around and they are either in the top spot, or are at #2-3 and barely out of the #1 spot, it'd be tough to sell to the fan base the trade of their best player, especially unless they get a SUBSTANTIAL package in return. By a substantial package, I mean players who are under team control for a few years. This would exclude Kaberle. Unless Toronto is willing to give up Luke Schenn and one or two of: Phil Kessel, Tyler Bozak, MG, and possibly a high draft pick, then I do not see Toronto as a legit landing spot.

Folks, we're talking about one of the top elite playmaking centers in the league. Top that off with his $7.8M cap hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Richards is a one year rental. He will most likely sign with Toronto during FA anyways. (or speculation is)

Toronto would not give up Schenn and definitely not with Kessel

like i stated MG and Versteeg could do the trick though

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I want a franchise D man, we got chara, so we got time to develop one.. That still doesn't mean were going to find him in the 4th round..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

If the Bruins had their choice of any of the top four, I think Larsson is the on ethat best fits their need

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If the Bs wind up lets say one of the top 2 picks and want Larsson theres the option to trade up and actually get something in return.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1hoTknuoqs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If they take Larsson, we could see PC shop Stuart in order to fetch a decent winger.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1hoTknuoqs
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

because he got leveled does that mean that he should not be considered an elite draft prospect?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : because he got leveled does that mean that he should not be considered an elite draft prospect?

One of the best prospects this year ? Most definitely , he likely will be a top 5 pick .Flat out dominant at the WJHC ? He had his moments and played good but using the word dominant with his performance is just a little over the top IMO. 

That clip shows one player in this tournament who you could possibly classify as being dominant at the WJHC. And he isn't sitting on his azz ! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robardo. Show Robardo's posts

Larsson had an injury during the wjc. He´s good but he will never be a Bobby Orr.
    And by the way, Tuuka don´t like swedes.