Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly and Redden all on the ice for todays practice!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly and Redden all on the ice for todays practice!

"Adam McQuaid (shoulder), who had been expected to miss the remainder of the regular season when he was placed on the shelf for 4-6 weeks, was first on the ice at Ristuccia and engaged in a spirited workout with strength and conditioning coach John Whitesides.

Chris Kelly was skating with the the team for the second time in as many days, joining the gray line with Rich Peverley, Jay Pandolfo and Kaspars Daugavins, who is wearing No. 16.

Wade Redden, picked up from St. Louis on Wednesday, was also on the ice with the Bruins, wearing No. 6."

Yes the end of the Pandawful era is near!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly and Redden all on the ice for todays practice!

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Adam McQuaid (shoulder), who had been expected to miss the remainder of the regular season when he was placed on the shelf for 4-6 weeks, was first on the ice at Ristuccia and engaged in a spirited workout with strength and conditioning coach John Whitesides.

Chris Kelly was skating with the the team for the second time in as many days, joining the gray line with Rich Peverley, Jay Pandolfo and Kaspars Daugavins, who is wearing No. 16.

Wade Redden, picked up from St. Louis on Wednesday, was also on the ice with the Bruins, wearing No. 6."

Big boost as I think Redden will be better than most people think. Just getting Pandolfo out of the line up will be addidtion by subtraction.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Great news, especially McQ as he's projected to be out until the playoffs, I suppose he can skate for awhile with a shoulder issue but it may still be weeks before he can play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Big boost as I think Redden will be better than most people think. Just getting Pandolfo out of the line up will be addidtion by subtraction.

Not me.  I think redden will be steady.  He has a great outlet pass and thinks the game well.  Hes a nice addition.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Not knowing when Bergeron will be back, it's good to hear Kelly will be back soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Not knowing when Bergeron will be back, it's good to hear Kelly will be back soon.

Yep. It will definitely help the third line, no question.

Hope he can get a few games in before the playoffs start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Redden had been getting low teens minutes (~20 shifts) on a decent Blues team, and largely has kept off of the score sheet.  Few PIMs, few points, mostly even +/-.  Even if he only has that kind of presence in Boston, he'll be well worth the price.  We shall see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

When are they going to invent a steroid that repairs the brain from concussions? 2030? 40?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Loooking good. Would be nice to have Bergeron back too but it seems impossible to hazard a guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hags reporting Kelly is day-to-day and not ruled out for Habs game.  Seems aggressive, we'll see.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/kelly-day-day-not-ruled-out-habs-game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Redden had been getting low teens minutes (~20 shifts) on a decent Blues team, and largely has kept off of the score sheet.  Few PIMs, few points, mostly even +/-.  Even if he only has that kind of presence in Boston, he'll be well worth the price.  We shall see.

The shifts I saw him play for the Blues he didn't looked gassed or his legs were done. I didn't see Redden get beat badly racing for the puck or having trouble folllowing a younger winger down low in his own zone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Think Redden makes his debut saturday?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I could see him starting a few games before the playoffs. Julien likes his vets so I wouldn't be suprised is he starting in Montreal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm most surprised (and pleased) to read Kelly is practising.  Those initial diagnosis seemed to suggest he wouldn't be at the stage he's at for a while yet. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I could see him starting a few games before the playoffs. Julien likes his vets so I wouldn't be suprised is he starting in Montreal.

Who sits?  I thought Bartkowski has had a few good games and I don't think CJ would bench Ference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Who sits?  I thought Bartkowski has had a few good games and I don't think CJ would bench Ference.

You know CJ likes his vets so the obvious choice is Bart, fair or not. Unless, of course, one of the core need a maintinence day....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

You know CJ likes his vets so the obvious choice is Bart, fair or not. Unless, of course, one of the core need a maintinence day....

Confidence is a big part of any players game, maybe even more so a young defenceman.  Bartkowski seems to be gaining more confidence with every game he plays.  I'd like to see him continue his progression.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I actually would have no problem leaving Bart in at this point either....it is quite clear he is getting more confident by the game. Let him play his way out of the roster. If he can hold it together down the stretch then the team is all the better for it.

I just don't see CJ agreeing with that, however.

I hope I am wrong but history suggests otherwise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The shifts I saw him play for the Blues he didn't looked gassed or his legs were done. I didn't see Redden get beat badly racing for the puck or having trouble following a younger winger down low in his own zone.

I was hoping someone would take some time to see him play.  Sounds promising, in case there are injuries.

Bartkowski has been a pleasant surprise lately.  I'd say Julien could sit Ference instead, but he seems to be out of his bizarre funk.  At least I don't remember throwing my arms up and saying "Ference!  What was that?" these past few games.

Either way, I'm not sure Redden gets in until he's had more than a couple practices with the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

No way does Julien bench Ference. I agree I would like to see Barkowski keep developing but if Redden has to be used at some point becuase of injury he should get some games in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

No way does Julien bench Ference. I agree I would like to see Barkowski keep developing but if Redden has to be used at some point becuase of injury he should get some games in.

I think Redden is this year's Hnidy or Mottau.  Only to be used on an emergency basis.  He is, however, more talented than them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Redden all but assures bad news by going with #6.

Glen Featherstone (1992-1994)
    Alexei Kasatonov (1995-1996)
    Joe Thornton (1998-2000)
    Gord Murphy (2002)
    Dan McGillis (2003-2004)
    Brad Stuart (2006-2007)
    Dennis Wideman (2007-2010)
    Greg Zanon (2012)

--

Honestly, I think he's going to be a lot better than people are expecting.  I also think he'll be used a lot more than the consensus here does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Redden all but assures bad news by going with #6.

Glen Featherstone (1992-1994)
    Alexei Kasatonov (1995-1996)
    Joe Thornton (1998-2000)
    Gord Murphy (2002)
    Dan McGillis (2003-2004)
    Brad Stuart (2006-2007)
    Dennis Wideman (2007-2010)
    Greg Zanon (2012)

--

Honestly, I think he's going to be a lot better than people are expecting.  I also think he'll be used a lot more than the consensus here does.

I hope you're right.  Having guys compete for the fifth and sixth dmen jobs is a good thing.  Nobody wants to be in the stands to watch games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hasn't Bartkowski earned the right to stay in the lineup?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good to see the progress. i'm in the "play Redden" camp, but not at the expense of Bartkowski who is faster, and usually makes better passes, Maybe they could replace Thornton with Ference since he seems to prefer offense.