Alfredsson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Alfredsson?

Twitterverse with multiple tweets on Bruins reaching out to DA.  Not a shock, B's need RW help.  DA will be 41 in December had 10 goals and 26 points in 47 games LY.  10 points in 10 playoff games as well.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch 3m

Bruins reach out to Alfie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Alfredsson?

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirms reaching out to Alfredsson camp: ``Yes, I have spoken to Alfie’s agent at length today.''

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls.  I would love him on that 2nd line.  But is he gonna be worth 5 million?   I think this is leverage as i just dont see him leaving ottawa.  hes the captain, very tight with guys there, an icon and the face of the franchise and easily the most recognized figure in team history.  

Ottawa can contend next year.  they are only getting better.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Crowls.  I would love him on that 2nd line.  But is he gonna be worth 5 million?   I think this is leverage as i just dont see him leaving ottawa.  hes the captain, very tight with guys there, an icon and the face of the franchise and easily the most recognized figure in team history.  

Think you are right,Iginla might be only option,unless they can make a trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I absolutely think it'd be a steal for BOS to land him at $5mil, and it could happen if OTT decides to spend that money on someone like Iginla for multiple years instead of Alfredsson for one.

You'd get your compliance buyout then, wouldn't you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

like Shupe said i don't see Alfie leaving Ottawa....

would be worth every penny of 5 mil. but not for more than one year....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd be shocked if he came here, even if he does have a greater oppurtunity for a Cup and a chance to play with Krejci and Lucic. Just cant see him leaving Ottawa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I absolutely think it'd be a steal for BOS to land him at $5mil, and it could happen if OTT decides to spend that money on someone like Iginla for multiple years instead of Alfredsson for one.

You'd get your compliance buyout then, wouldn't you?

Im really not interested in buyouts as much as trading.  I think kelly especially could get us a useful player.  I think peverly if anyone should be bought out.  Id be totally on board for trading kelly + for a glencross and buying out peverly.  

I think soder could take over 3rd line center.  Meanwhile clearing 6.25 m for guys past their prime to add some new blood and most imprtant a top 6 after we sign rask to a brutal deal.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Sens have $23 million in cap space and their roster locked up. If they want Alfie, money is no issue which is why he will likely stay in Ottawa....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't think DA is going anywhere but I sure would love to see him wearing that spoked B.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC went after him Alfredsson at the deadline so I could see another pursuit. A couple of things going for Chiarelli is that elusive cup, Ottawa isn't as close to a cup and Daniel will get all kinds of icetime including the PP.

Even Geoff Ward couldn't mess Alfredsson up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Here in Ottawa, he's a god! I'd love to have him as he still brings it every night. Has the passion to win but just can't see him signing anywhere else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jinx!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Jinx!!! [/QUOTE]

Alfredsson can't even be reverse-shuped

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I think he will stay in Ottawa but if he goes anywhere else I think it will be Boston.  He is one of my favourite players because he is a great player, a good leader and because leaf fans hate him just for doing his job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I agree with the sentiment thay Alfies staying n Ottawa.   They are close to being a very good playoff team.

Conversely, i dont think the Bruins will make the playoffs next year.  With the realignment and cup hangover i think next year will be an off year for the B's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Conversely, i dont think the Bruins will make the playoffs next year.  With the realignment and cup hangover i think next year will be an off year for the B's.

Bold statement....very bold indeed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bold statement....very bold indeed.

Bold isn't the word my thesaurus came up with JM.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree with the sentiment thay Alfies staying n Ottawa.   They are close to being a very good playoff team.

Anythings possible.  They could also squeak into the 8 hole on the last game of the season and go on to win the Cup! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hmmm, damn thesaurus...misguided perhaps? Undecided

I can't wait for BIM to explain himself. Could be interesting.....BIM, you're up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Hmmm, damn thesaurus...misguided perhaps? Undecided

I can't wait for BIM to explain himself. Could be interesting.....BIM, you're up!

[/QUOTE]

He should bet on it in Vegas because I'm sure he could get some really good odds. This is a team that's still getting better with age. Even if the loss of Horton isn't immediately addressed, there's little reason to believe that this team won't be a serious contender again. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He should bet on it in Vegas because I'm sure he could get some really good odds. This is a team that's still getting better with age. Even if the loss of Horton isn't immediately addressed, there's little reason to believe that this team won't be a serious contender again. 

yep....because even if PC does nothing more than sign Rask (which is all I think he is going to do this summer anyway, maybe pick up a cheap vet at minimum) this team is still a playoff team by any metric.

If the horribly offensive-challenged 2009-10 can go 2 rounds, this roster as is can at least make the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

i like Iginla better