All on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: All on waivers

In Response to Re: All on waivers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All on waivers : You think ?  Like your nemesis said (that you have on ignore) he's been on crappy teams.  Put him on a good team and we'll see his worth. I bet Don Cherry talks about him tonight. I say he has a lot left over in his tank.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    He's shown flashes of the player he was expected to be so maybe he would thrive with a better team.Dan Cleary took awhile to carve out a niche and he's done alright.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All on waivers : There's a guy I would like to see the B's take a chance on.  Maybe if he didn't get stuck playing for crappy franchises, he'd do well.  (Note:  from memory he's been property of Edmonton and NYI.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He carries a cap hit of 750k only and will be a RFA.  I doubt he'll be available on re-entry . Just too many teams below the Bruins in the standings that would bite.
    Claimed on waivers straight up Bruins might not have the cap space.
    Stayed tuned ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wonder if he's too young to have been nicknamed Detlef.

There's a chance he's Dan Cleary.  A chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if he's too young to have been nicknamed Detlef. There's a chance he's Dan Cleary.  A chance.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Cleary spent two years in the minors and has been an NHL regular since.  Schremp is turning 25 this off season.

I don't think they're similar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks point Books point was it took Cleary a little while longer to finally get the NHL and how he fits compared to how he tore up the OHL. Dan is the clear definition of perseverance because he bounced up and down his first three years in the pros.

I agree Rob Schremp looks like he has the talent to bounce back after finding the right organization like Dan Cleary did. Brandon Bo just might return from Russia ready to go at some point as well for some it's the Cleary route.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Me thinks point Books point was it took Cleary a little while longer to finally get the NHL and how he fits compared to how he tore up the OHL. Dan is the clear definition of perseverance because he bounced up and down his first three years in the pros. I agree Rob Schremp looks like he has the talent to bounce back after finding the right organization like Dan Cleary did. Brandon Bo just might return from Russia ready to go at some point as well for some it's the Cleary route.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't think of it that way.  In that respect they are similar.  Chicago and Edmonton didn't work out as well, but in Detroit, Clearly found his true game.  Edmonton and NYI didn't work out so well for Schremp, but maybe on a real team he could fulfill his promise.

Great point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Me thinks point Books point was it took Cleary a little while longer to finally get the NHL and how he fits compared to how he tore up the OHL. Dan is the clear definition of perseverance because he bounced up and down his first three years in the pros. I agree Rob Schremp looks like he has the talent to bounce back after finding the right organization like Dan Cleary did. Brandon Bo just might return from Russia ready to go at some point as well for some it's the Cleary route.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly the point that I was getting at.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All on waivers : There's a guy I would like to see the B's take a chance on.  Maybe if he didn't get stuck playing for crappy franchises, he'd do well.  (Note:  from memory he's been property of Edmonton and NYI.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

hey!  you're stealing one of my trade ideas from my trade mockery thread!

Since the Bruins couldn't get Moe Larry and Schremp, my trade idea was for Howard, Fine and Schremp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Cleary thing goes deeper too - both players were tagged and tracked early, probably too early, and Schremp put up a 145 pt. season in London the year after he was drafted.  Cleary had 115 in his draft year.  They're the same size.  They have great hands but average feet.  Cleary came around when he realized no set of hands is good enough if you don't work hard enough to get into position to use them.  That meant not being hungover, and he took care of that too on a veteran team.  Schremp's had the knock for a long time that he thinks it's just a matter of a team recognizing his greatness and putting him in position to excel.  That's probably gone after the Isles gave him every chance.

On the other hand, if you look at just the numbers, we're still talking a 40pt player in Cleary.  Schremp - 22 in 44 got him waived; that's 41 over a season.  He makes $750K, so he's not a salary dump for a team struggling to touch the floor.  Why waive him?  Curious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah confusing moves by Garth Snow. Yes we know he has strict budget because their might never be luxury boxes on the Island. Locks up Molson but not Wisinewski (sp?) who wanted to stay, blocks Nabokov from going to Detroit after Holland did all the negotiating to get him back. Wonder what Gretzky would say about the fish stick carriers if it were 1982 ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Rivet is slow.  I am ok with Ryder...he usually plays well in the playoffs especially now that he needs a contract!  He still has one of the most dangerous wrister in the league.  At 2.5 max 3 millions no one would complain with Ryder. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All on waivers : I've always been intrigued by Zherdev.I don't expect him to clear waivers though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Zherdev wouldn't be a bad pick up for half the cap hit... work ethic is a BIG questions mark though!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Have I missed anything ? what's up with Schremp ?

His time is up,  no ?

More waivers to come before noon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Have I missed anything ? what's up with Schremp ? His time is up,  no ? More waivers to come before noon.

Legion, you do not want him. He is defensively inept which is why he does not stick with his clubs. He would not thrive in a CJ run team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All on waivers : Legion, you do not want him. He is defensively inept which is why he does not stick with his clubs. He would not thrive in a CJ run team.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I just have followed this guy , for some reason always liked te kid.
    I wouldn't say he's defensively inept. He's been on teams that in the last 10 years have been bad defensively and don't preach that that syle.
    Also the Isles and the Oilers in the last ten (with exception of that freaky cup sun by Oilers) have suited very bad teams.

Jus now he's been picked up by Atlanta.  Let's see what he does.
    I'm starting to like the Thrashers .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bob McKenzie
    CGY claims Carson on waivers from CAR; ATL claims Rob Schremp from NYI; OTT claims McEhlinney from TBAY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Sturm too (as I just put in the Wideman thread)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355496

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Sturm too (as I just put in the Wideman thread) http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355496
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

So the wire finally made it to the U.K.  must have been a pigeon.  It finally made it across the Atlantic.
    LOL the Brits need to get away from their old methods. 
    It happened Friday in North America,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All on waivers : I just have followed this guy , for some reason always liked te kid. I wouldn't say he's defensively inept. He's been on teams that in the last 10 years have been bad defensively and don't preach that that syle. Also the Isles and the Oilers in the last ten (with exception of that freaky cup sun by Oilers) have suited very bad teams. Jus now he's been picked up by Atlanta.  Let's see what he does. I'm starting to like the Thrashers .

My sister, an avid hockey nut, has lived in Edmonton for 10 years and when the Oilers drafted Schremp she talked him up, much lke the local media, to almost star satus before he even had one training camp.

Yes he has sublime skills but he has never learned to play the game of hockey. This is what has doomed him so far. If the lightbulb in his head ever clicks on and he finally gets it then something may become of him. I would not hold my breath though.....