All-Star Ballot Fiasco: 2012 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

All-Star Ballot Fiasco: 2012 Edition

Remember back in 2008 when 4 out of 5 starters for the East were Habs due to their fans voting multiple times (that included Price who at that time had not yet played a full season and Komisarek-the 7 point man-on D)?

Well it appears to be happening again.

Kessel is #1 and Lupul #6 for all forwards (not just eastern conference)
    No Bruins forwards are in the top 15

Phaneuf is #2 for defensemen, Liles #8
    Chara is only #4

And, Reimer (who has played a whopping 6 games this year) is #3 for goalies
    Thomas is #1 so good news there

Yes, I know the All Star game is bogus but this is somewhat embarrassing for the league and insulting for fans

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: All-Star Ballot Fiasco: 2012 Edition

wonder how many write-in votes Joey Crabb's going to get?.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

After taking on Corvo last night, probably more than Lucic or Seguin. Funny thing is some comments by Leaf homers on the TSN page congratulated Crabb on taking on a "tough customer in Corvo" to try and pick up his team. It was actually Corvo's first career fight and Crabb hid behind his visor...hehe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

How Seguin is not on the list...I had to do write ins or add ons for Seguin and Marchand which is truly the all star candidates not Krejci, Lucic and Horton. That would be a porposterous to vote for them over Segs March Berg. absolutely proposterous and if anyone does not write in March and Segs that is a sorry sense of voting. Lucic for March maybe but doubtful. I am very disappointed the all star voting all together. It is hard to use and this just is terrible. It was not always this bad as I recall was it. My memory gets fuzzy on these things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I think it has always been a fiasco to be quite honest Mac. Remember a few years ago a group of Nucks fans started a campaign to get their depth defenceman Rory Fitzpatrick voted in to the all-star game as a starter? It worked but Rory stayed classy and refused to go nowing he did not belong there. 

A testament to the stupidity of the voting system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]How Seguin is not on the list...I had to do write ins or add ons for Seguin and Marchand which is truly the all star candidates not Krejci, Lucic and Horton. That would be a porposterous to vote for them over Segs March Berg. absolutely proposterous and if anyone does not write in March and Segs that is a sorry sense of voting. Lucic for March maybe but doubtful. Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Krejci has been playing great as of late while March and Seguin have been held off the scoresheet. And what about Kelly and Pevs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Chara and TImmy will make the team - I don't think any other Bruin will make it, though a few should.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

any all-star team that does not include patrice bergeron is fraudulous. the guy was considered a top 12 canadian forward- but not an all-star? i thought last year's playoffs were the bergy coming out party. oh well...too bad, i wonder if players covet this or not(all-star selection)? i'm sure they'll all say they do... but i really wonder if they'd like the rest. I HOPE KESSEL IS LAST PICK AGAIN THIS YEAR....HOW FUNNY WOULD THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Who cares about the NHL All-Star game ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: All-Star Ballot Fiasco: 2012 Edition:
    [QUOTE]Who cares about the NHL All-Star game ?
    Posted by carltetus[/QUOTE]

I agree, the only one worse is the NFL and NBA all-star games. 

I do like the skills competition though in the NHL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Relax, folks.

It's a popularity contest and a marketing gimmick for NHL, Inc. to line their coffers.  Let's keep the focus on the real prize and give our guys the benefit of 3 or 4 days of mid-season rest and recovery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I would be stoked if Kessel got picked last again when the captains pick teams. That should become a new tradition. Every year Kessel gets picked last I would love it!