All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

I grew up in Boston, and have moved numerous times in the States for business and now retirement. When my two boys were in peewees and bantams we lived in Rochester N.Y. and with both on "Travel" teams we spent alternate weekends in Canadian towns and cities, mostly from above Buffalo , along the lakes to Montreal. The programs included home and home games, plus the kids would pair off and stay with the home team parents. The visiting parents would gather , in a motel, where the hosts presented food, drinks, great cheer and above all, Friendship.. My boys have grown to have their own families, and still have retained some of their Canadian opponents as life-long friends. No need anywhere for the distortions that the MEDIA always encourages and misreports.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

I am Canadian but you have no idea how I hate the habs and all the associated BS that surrounds them,

Wheew I feel better now.

Go B's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries:
    [QUOTE]I grew up in Boston, and have moved numerous times in the States for business and now retirement. When my two boys were in peewees and bantams we lived in Rochester N.Y. and with both on "Travel" teams we spent alternate weekends in Canadian towns and cities, mostly from above Buffalo , along the lakes to Montreal. The programs included home and home games, plus the kids would pair off and stay with the home team parents. The visiting parents would gather , in a motel, where the hosts presented food, drinks, great cheer and above all, Friendship.. My boys have grown to have their own families, and still have retained some of their Canadian opponents as life-long friends. No need anywhere for the distortions that the MEDIA always encourages and misreports.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE] Did the same in my family when i was young ,it was a pure pleasure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Greatseason why break your head with people who can`t speak more than one language and have as culture, hockey, beer and hotdogs? You`re not to Harvard or McGill, you're in a Boston Bruins blog.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Why are you so stupid...? who educated you a dog ????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

No not a dog too smart for U

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

don't you know that quebec is bilingual ? never went overthere ? people here don't drink beer or hot dogs? do they like hockey here? please get out of your basement and see what's going on elsewhere ?? it's been a while since someone told you what's going on the other side of your street , could be good for your culture and please change your black and white TV we are in 2011

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

You're smart! Great!! So, stop your bull**it. Your comments serve only to attract other stupidests comments towards people who are even not interested in hockey.

En d`autres mots, fermes d`on ta grande gueule et restes en au hockey. Tu es dans un forum de sport et non à l`ONU.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries:
    [QUOTE]Y ou're smart ! Great!! So, stop your bull**it . Your comments serve only to attract other stupidests comments towards people who are even not interested in hockey. En d`autres mots, fermes d`on ta grande gueule et restes en au hockey. Tu es dans un forum de sport et non à l`ONU.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE] En d'autres mots toi tu devrais sortir de ta tanière et voir autres choses que le bout de ta rue... si c est vraiment du hockey que tu veux parler kiddo, et bien cesse tes stupidités.

The first one being stupid is you my dear !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries : En d'autres mots toi tu devrais sortir de ta tanière et voir autres choses que le bout de ta rue... si c est vraiment du hockey que tu veux parler kiddo, et bien cesse tes stupidités. The first one being stupid is you my dear !
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE] English please...Oh I forgot your special.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

At least Realize that every time you open your mouth here, you attract a lots of negative comments about Quebecers and even Canadians.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Translation for Pauly1.

He said to me, that he appreciate my posts and asked me if I had travel a lot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The intent of the OP is a noble one and I can say for most on these boards that the hatred reserved for MTL and its' fans are not directed at the entire nation. Unfortunatly, the namesake of that team and referencing it might lead to some confusion on this matter.

Their has always been dislike between these teams and fanbases but at the moment it is especially intense. Why are people in the New England up in an uproar over this?  Mainly because of the recation of Habs fans over the last week:
    -they are calling 911 because the league didn't offer them a suspension?  Classless.
    -implying that Chara is a criminal hurt this player with intent? Unreal
    -sponsors threatening to withdraw their support to appease crying MTL fans? Childish
    -Habs fans like the one above showing up in this forum not to debate but to stir the pot by calling fans here "mentally retarded" and other names and inflammatory comments?  Classless

There are just too many examples to list of MTL players committing offenses on the ice-no 911 calls or sponsors jumping ship ever took place in other cities. It is one thing to support your team, it's another to react like this.

Many fans in New England have taken the high road when facing insults from Habs fans. We have sat quietly by while our national anthem has been booed by thousands in their building. There is only so much that a group is willing to withstand before enraged. That point has been reached now but i don't think that these feelings are directed to Canada, they are directed specifically towards the MTL fanbase. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries : tourists going to quebec and "feel warmly welcome". you are being sarcastic, right? even quebecers can't stand to be there, that's why they all vacation in old orchard, me or shediac,nb.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Can't stand summers in Maine for that sole reason. They are everywhere here, they always come into my work. You always try and be nice and be like "Oh are you from Canada?" the reply 9 out of 10 times is " No, I'm from Quebec" They're elitist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

everyone  does realize that patch is a connecticut boy and chara is a slovac. so YES its a bruins/habs thing  not an international incident-which the montreal organization has turned this into.