AND A CITY GROANED!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Re: AND A CITY GROANED!!

Burke's tenure up until now can only be classified as a total failure

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Fans complain, but do they stop buying Leafs gear? Do they stop buying tickets? Do ratings for their televised games go down? 

No, no and no.

The only way to get ownership to make concrete moves is for the fans to revolt.  As long as the cash cow keeps producing (or the goose keeps laying golden eggs, choose your metaphor); the incentive to win a championship will always be #2 to making sure the investors get a good return.

I can literally guarantee you that the CEO/CFO of Rogers/Bell, when they evaluate the season, are talking about Yield on Invested Funds, TV ratings, or Cash Flow Generated, and NOT "where we finished in the standings".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There's some brilliantly  hilarious posts on that TSN site from Leafs fans.

"There's only one other city where fans haven't seen at least two home playoff games since the lockout - Winnipeg, and this is their first season!"

"I remember very well the last time the Leafs were a good team, I still had my pet Tyranasaurus Rex."

"Having Burke run this team is like having a monkey in charge of NASA."

"Will someone please buy Burke a dictionary so he can look up what the words 'truculence' and 'pugnacity' even mean?"

"The drive for 45 (45 years of futility) is done. Mission Complete!"

"Well this was a complete surprise"

"I would say, 'Better luck next year' but then I would have to punch myself in the face."

"Hey fans ...Kadri got called up to the Marlies...not sent down"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Soon to take away the distinguished title of longest (recent) stretch without making the playoffs......assuming the Panthers hang on and make it.

All new low for the Maple Laffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!!:
    [QUOTE]Lots of Canadian teams, not many playoff games in Canada this year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a whole thread started for the meaning of 'a lot' or 'lots' ?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : NBC isn't a canadian TV network. Can't imagine paying the NHL $2 Billion and then have a canadian based team for marketing and selling broadcast advertisments in the states. Hence, higher ratio of american based teams get into the playoffs and only american based teams get to win the Bettman Cup.(circa 1994)  Nothing personal, just business...
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I've got a call into NBC, they'll be calling me back, can you please get back to me regarding this. I will bring that whole network down to it's knees!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Still love this clip,  caution, foul language so send the kiddies in the next room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zh1szSHbyM
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Neecic - That video is hilarious!  Like what Burke would say in public if he could.