And for today's comedic entry.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

And for today's comedic entry.....

From KDP's Sunday notes:

"OK, you’ve heard it here before, but 26-year-old Swedish pivot Carl Soderberg is hinting yet again that he might like to come to Boston’s training camp in September. He moved up to Linkoping in the Swedish Elite League for the start of this season, and was at 13-18-31 through 40 games, second in team scoring. According to Chiarelli, the Bruins would welcome him in camp, but the GM is cautious about setting his September depth chart just yet. Soderberg, 6-3 and 200 pounds, was acquired from the Blues for goalie Hannu Toivonen in July 2007 and thus far has balked at all opportunities to come over here."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: And for today's comedic entry.....

Good find jalvis.  Encouraging, but Soderberg would still have to beat out Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny at camp to get on the roster...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Entry #2.... from TSN's notes at the end of the recap of yesterdays game....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389400

MacDonald said after the game that Lucic grabbed his chin strap in a scrum and "threw it in the stands." Moulson was laughing in the background when he heard him tell the story.

Typical Looch!  Love it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to And for today's comedic entry.....:
    [QUOTE]From KDP's Sunday notes: "OK, you’ve heard it here before, but 26-year-old Swedish pivot Carl Soderberg is hinting yet again that he might like to come to Boston’s training camp in September. He moved up to Linkoping in the Swedish Elite League for the start of this season, and was at 13-18-31 through 40 games, second in team scoring. According to Chiarelli, the Bruins would welcome him in camp, but the GM is cautious about setting his September depth chart just yet. Soderberg, 6-3 and 200 pounds, was acquired from the Blues for goalie Hannu Toivonen in July 2007 and thus far has balked at all opportunities to come over here."
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Jalvis, if he finally decides to test himself against the world's best players then great. If not then, well, here we are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: And for today's comedic entry.....:
    [QUOTE]Entry #2.... from TSN's notes at the end of the recap of yesterdays game.... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389400 MacDonald said after the game that Lucic grabbed his chin strap in a scrum and "threw it in the stands." Moulson was laughing in the background when he heard him tell the story. Typical Looch!  Love it. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Actually.....I remember seeing that but didn't know what it was the Looch threw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Good find jalvis.  Encouraging, but Soderberg would still have to beat out Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny at camp to get on the roster...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Big(slew)foot?  And the Easter Bunny?  Is that Wacy Rabbit?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for today's comedic entry..... : Big(slew)foot?  And the Easter Bunny?  Is that Wacy Rabbit?
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    As it stands, Wacy has a better chance of being in Boston than Soderberg. You would think a chance to play for the Cup champs would've been enough to get him over here. Unlike most pros, he must not have the drive to be the best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for today's comedic entry..... : As it stands, Wacy has a better chance of being in Boston than Soderberg. You would think a chance to play for the Cup champs would've been enough to get him over here. Unlike most pros, he must not have the drive to be the best.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That's what I always think about this guy.  Think about the sacrifices that European players have made over the years to get to the NHL.  If this guy isn't willing to ride the buses of the AHL for a little while for the opportunity to play with the world's best players, he really might not have the mental drive to be a useful player anyhow.  The least he could do is show up for a camp and see how he fares there.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carl just now at 26 or 27 is getting to the Swedish Elite leagues best division. Now Chiarelli expects the Yetiberg is going to ride the bus in the AHL ?

Yah I'll go with the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy making the Bruins next fall as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Too bad the trade deadline passed because PC probably could have got the Easter Bunny for Corvo.  Missed opportunity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Entry #2.... from TSN's notes at the end of the recap of yesterdays game.... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389400 MacDonald said after the game that Lucic grabbed his chin strap in a scrum and "threw it in the stands." Moulson was laughing in the background when he heard him tell the story. Typical Looch!  Love it. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

This was actually clear on the broadcast -- the camera was on Lucic when he threw the strap into the crowd.  I was actually thinking that he could easily have gotten a miscondct for that.  Glad he didn't.

I have a vague memory of Derek Sanderson throwing someone's jersey into the crowd after a fight...anyone recall that...?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for today's comedic entry..... : This was actually clear on the broadcast -- the camera was on Lucic when he threw the strap into the crowd.  I was actually thinking that he could easily have gotten a miscondct for that.  Glad he didn't. I have a vague memory of Derek Sanderson throwing someone's jersey into the crowd after a fight...anyone recall that...?

27 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kNc5EB-WgA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for today's comedic entry..... : This was actually clear on the broadcast -- the camera was on Lucic when he threw the strap into the crowd.  I was actually thinking that he could easily have gotten a miscondct for that.  Glad he didn't. I have a vague memory of Derek Sanderson throwing someone's jersey into the crowd after a fight...anyone recall that...?

Found the fight. It was Ray McKay's jersey from the Blackhawks in 1969. Ray McKay. I remember seeing him play in a semi-pro league many moons ago. The team he played for was of "Slap Shot" caliber.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/70397

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I was thinking the same thing Fletcher1...I cringe everytime I see Milan do something like that which may cost us a penalty at the worse time.

I really like Lucic and his play on the edge, but I think he is easy to push over that edge and could use something to temper his anger.

He definitely likes to react to after the play chippiness and other teams know this.