and people think jack edwards is a homer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

and people think jack edwards is a homer

I'm watching the habs on CNBC. i recognize the voice from CBC, but don't know the name. This guy might as well say "go habs go" every couple of minutes to remind the audience of his allegence 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: and people think jack edwards is a homer

Bob fu*king Cole.....it is embarrasing.

Sens get no love...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I'm watching the habs on CNBC. i recognize the voice from CBC, but don't know the name. This guy might as well say "go habs go" every couple of minutes to remind the audience of his allegence 

Yes but Anderson is stoning those Habs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He's really a Leafs fan, homer.  Hughson hates the Bruins and proved it last night but with Bob Cole would have been a disaster 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I first noticed it back in the day when Cammalleri and Krejci fought and he described Krejci as "the bruins tough guy." and the "fighter from boston." didn't care to correct himself, as it was Krejci's first career fight. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

He's relly a Leafs fan, Hughson hates the Bruins and proved it last night but with Bob Cole would have been a disaster 

Hughson is a Van homer which is probably why he hates the Bruins so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

and that's a five minute major? really?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Funny....the majority of Habs fans can't stand him and consider him a Leafs homer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Certainly didn't look that way on the replay. Bad pass by the Habs D-man...... Eller was in a bad/vulnerable position, took the pass (briefly) and then paid for it.

Damage is done now. Habs scored, up 2-1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

any coincidence Habs have gotten the most PP and the most PP goals in the league?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

happened too fast and then once they saw blood it was a given even though it was the ice that caused the damage

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

happened too fast and then once they saw blood it was a given even though it was the ice that caused the damage

The only villain on that play was Diaz and his aggregious pass....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I first noticed it back in the day when Cammalleri and Krejci fought and he described Krejci as "the bruins tough guy." and the "fighter from boston." didn't care to correct himself, as it was Krejci's first career fight. 

He's known for that bostonfan.  Which explains this:

http://youtu.be/e5GHhpmFKxU

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes an old man who think lafleur still plays.  Leave him alone.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

He said "the fighter from Boston" because there was a Boston player fighting. That's Cole's issue: he's not as quick as he used to be on players and names, so he will say something like that because he isn't sure who, exactly, is involved in the play, and he makes a generic statement (the fighter has to be a tough guy, right?). Heck, I've seen him forget Carey Price's name on multiple occasions.

He's an icon, but he's well past his prime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

remember that as well.  He drives me insane. I am so glad he didn't do the game last night. He needs to retire. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sens back on top 3-2... who wants to bet Habs draw at least one more penalty before this ends?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Sens back on top 3-2... who wants to bet Habs draw at least one more penalty before this ends?

The Habs have had a goal waved off (legit) and a dubious even-up embellishment call on Price. You honestly think the refs are in Montreal's pocket? I don't have an issue with either call (even the dubious embellishment one) but the point remains: if the refs were on MTL's side, they had 2 golden opportunities that they passed up. The idea that the Habs "get the calls" is folly--they get no more nor fewer breaks than any other team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

The Habs have had a goal waved off (legit) and a dubious even-up embellishment call on Price. You honestly think the refs are in Montreal's pocket? I don't have an issue with either call (even the dubious embellishment one) but the point remains: if the refs were on MTL's side, they had 2 golden opportunities that they passed up.

That wasn't a legit goal... Prust had his stick up in Anderson's mask (aside from interference, it's a high stick!) Heck, even Bob Cole saw that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The idea that the Habs "get the calls" is folly--they get no more nor fewer breaks than any other team.

The stats seem to indicate otherwise...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

He said "the fighter from Boston" because there was a Boston player fighting. That's Cole's issue: he's not as quick as he used to be on players and names, so he will say something like that because he isn't sure who, exactly, is involved in the play, and he makes a generic statement (the fighter has to be a tough guy, right?). Heck, I've seen him forget Carey Price's name on multiple occasions.

He's an icon for Habs and Leafs fans. He certainly doesn't speak for all Canadians. I haver never liked him, time to retire. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

The Habs have had a goal waved off (legit) and a dubious even-up embellishment call on Price. You honestly think the refs are in Montreal's pocket? I don't have an issue with either call (even the dubious embellishment one) but the point remains: if the refs were on MTL's side, they had 2 golden opportunities that they passed up. The idea that the Habs "get the calls" is folly--they get no more nor fewer breaks than any other team.

the game was officiated decidedly in the habs favor. I'm not sure how anyone can argue against that. How was Prust not called for goaltender interference?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZwCprbs8XU

ya, no. it was ridiculous. "cammaller is doing pretty well with the tough guy from boston." he said stuff to that effect like 8 times

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

any coincidence Habs have gotten the most PP and the most PP goals in the league?

Grapes laid it out there one night -- Why the Bruins draw the least amount of penalties -- because they play within the spirit of the game and don't dive. Many players around the leage have it down to s science and until the refs get their act together -- the game will continue to suffer with all the acting.

Habs are the masters. I respect the work ethic and talent of this kid Gallagher but it looks like he has helium in his skates -- just breath on him and he's horizontal every time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

When Jack sticks to honest play-by-play -- he's actually pretty good. Gives credit to the other team and appears to get equally excited when either team scores. Guys like Benaniti are a joke -- screaming at the top of his lungs when the Caps score and can barely tell when the opponent scores. Others like Jeanneret are just an outright joke. Jack's problem is that he lets his hatred for certain players say things he needs to apoligize for. Sometimes he just steps over the line.