and the joke continues in Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and the joke continues in Montreal

Can you believe that the police in Montreal has not let this go ?

They're saying that they will not interfere while the playoffs go on although the rest of Montreal will try to use this .

I actually hope they do. It'll only work against the Habs having to deal with a Bruins team that will be very upset. Additional motivation.

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/04/12/police-spokesman-bruins-chara-still-subject-of-long-investigation/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: and the joke continues in Montreal

If you heard the Seargent on 98.5 he pretty much said it has come from above. He also stated how stupid it was for the fans to call 911. The joke here has to be the DA or PM, theyre the ones calling for the investigation, not the police.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: and the joke continues in Montreal:
    [QUOTE]If you heard the Seargent on 98.5 he pretty much said it has come from above. He also stated how stupid it was for the fans to call 911. The joke here has to be the DA or PM, theyre the ones calling for the investigation, not the police.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The PM? Harper?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Montreals police force is just like the city and people they serve a bunch of low life scumbags.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Dude, I'm loving it. Thanks to this revival, my spoof leaked 911 call has over 3600 hits now lol

But hey-- the Bs had to ask. You don't want your star D-man showing up in Mtl and getting detained for questioning!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

ya i really hope they don't.....i think the bruins could use their best player

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What I really want to know is what they think they're investigating.  Several hundred thousand people saw the hit, and not one can offer a shred of proof that Chara intended to injure Pacioretty.  Maybe they think Chara told someone he was out to injure Pacioretty?  Short of a straight-up confession, I cannot think of a single legal justification for laying charges that would stand up for a hot second even in a Quebec court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

[QUOTE]What I really want to know is what they think they're investigating.  Several hundred thousand people saw the hit, and not one can offer a shred of proof that Chara intended to injure Pacioretty.  Maybe they think Chara told someone he was out to injure Pacioretty?  Short of a straight-up confession, I cannot think of a single legal justification for laying charges that would stand up for a hot second even in a Quebec court.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

BookBoy, you hit the nail on the head. What in the name of god is there to investigate? I'm  just hoping the U of Montreal people haven't invented a retroactive mind-reading aparatus. To infer intent.

Maybe law enforcement might be legally *required* to open the investigation, as per the requests from fans *and* Canadian Press people (like the person who told the public to dial 911 in the first place -- a reporter!). If you accuse someone of assault, it cannot simply be shrugged off without an investigation.

The strange thing is that you need the victim to file a complaint, according to Quebec law, except in cases in which the victim cannot speak for him/herself. But Pax claimed that he doesn't want charges being brought against Chara. I think that was an outright lie. He had to have filed a complaint himself for this to go forward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Everyone relax -- Montreal police have no time for this investigation -- They are too busy helping the Fire Department hose down all the burning police cars.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone relax -- Montreal police have no time for this investigation -- They are too busy helping the Fire Department hose down all the burning police cars.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

And that'll happen no matter what the outcome is.