And the legend of Patrice Bergeron grows.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: And the legend of Patrice Bergeron grows.

Agree with all glowing comments. I too, would like to see Bergeron win a few more league accolades, and then retire early in his 3os, and with his head in good condition. He would certainly make a great coach much as we see in Adam Oates.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Spot on.

x2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

He's also one of the classiest players I've ever seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He is the epitome of a good Bruin. Plays hard, backchecks, scores, kills penalties, plays on the PP, does charity work in the offseason and from all accounts is one of the nicest guys you could meet. I hope to get to meet him some day. The amount of hockey knowledge he possesses is second to none.

One of the only B's to get any praise. Did anyone catch the NBC announcers saying Rask wasn't as "exceptional" as Lundqvist? Does anyone find that odd considering that Rask's numbers have been better than Henrik's?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I worry about the concussions, yah I tend toward the doom and gloom side, but I fear for the early retirement because of concussions.  I don't want to see another Marc Savard.

BH - the threat of another career-ending concussion is a real one for sure, but I haven't seen any lingering effects in his game since the last injury.

Some people who have seen a struggling (Bruins team) offence this season have pointed to Bergeron and said, "Ooooo, because of his concussions, it looks like Patrice has lost his hand-eye coordination and touch around the net..."

Judging by the consensus in this thread regarding his 'hockey sense' and the ability to think way ahead of the play, I would say that he is just fine and able to think quickly and clearly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Noticably absent from this purely positive thread is BassFishing/mattbs/BFNJ.

Imagine that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Dav- his one-timer pre-concussion was lethal. I think he still haven't fully regained that skill. Then again it could be because he is looking more to make the play then score the goal himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Dav- his one-timer pre-concussion was lethal. I think he still haven't fully regained that skill. Then again it could be because he is looking more to make the play then score the goal himself.

It could also be that those opportunities haven't presented themselves as much either...

I guess my point was that sometimes people judge his play directly to the fact he had a history of concussions rather than game conditions, his linemates' abilities, etc.

Anyway, he is one of my favourite Bruins and fun to watch. Hope he keeps it going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Dav- don't get me wrong, he IS my favorite Bruins, I have one Bruin's jersey and it's his from the SC finals. I wouldn't want to trade him for any player in the NHL (want being the key word).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I worry about the concussions, yah I tend toward the doom and gloom side, but I fear for the early retirement because of concussions.  I don't want to see another Marc Savard.

Sadly, this could be true. Sure hope not. He's one heck of a player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Noticably absent from this purely positive thread is BassFishing/mattbs/BFNJ.

Imagine that.

Shhh...don't jinx it!!!!

I kid, I kid!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[oh yeah - Bergeron is awesome.  It will be a Bourque-like gut punch if he is ever allowed to wear another NHL jersey.]

But Bourque left to get a cup. I can't imagine Bergeron ever leaving for that reason. To play a swan song in Quebec, maybe. But I won't mind it when he's 40.

not in a Habs sweater ever!!!...didnt he say growing up that he was a Nordiques fan and hated Montreal...all the more reason to admire him....and I am sure that despite his classiness, that has grown a thousandfold!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

1 thing that you notice in every interview when he's asked about something he accomplished he immediately deflects the attention and accolades to his teammates. Could you ask for a better teammate? No ego here. Next Bruins captain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

no knock against Chara obviously but will love the day I see Bergie don the "C"!!!! as in Captaincy (versus earlier post about swan song in Quebec..not C-H..just to post qualify/clarify!!!)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The best part of Patrice is he went 6 games without doing anything and yet closed out one series and got the B's going great in the next one...That is leadership.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

"without doing anything" might be a slight going overboard....still was winning faceoffs and his 200 foot game aside from scoring until........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I like to think that even members of rival fanbases know that he is great and is a classy player. Kinda how we tongue-bathe Datsyuk here. It's hard to find anything less than glowing to say about 37. So glad he's on our team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

from rival broadcasts of Bruin games his name is now extended to "the NHL's most underrated player, # 37 Patrice Bergeron" the same way every save Reimer made in the Bruin series was "great" according to Jim Hughson.....as well as the constant reminder that the Bruins were the best face off team in the NHL per every face off taken......a little variety boys, a little variety.....versus overstating the obvious time and time again.....yes I know peculiar analogies..I have been on here too long today...time to shut 'er down......too long between games it seems!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

from rival broadcasts of Bruin games his name is now extended to "the NHL's most underrated player, # 37 Patrice Bergeron" the same way every save Reimer made in the Bruin series was "great" according to Jim Hughson.....as well as the constant reminder that the Bruins were the best face off team in the NHL per every face off taken......a little variety boys, a little variety.....versus overstating the obvious time and time again.....yes I know peculiar analogies..I have been on here too long today...time to shut 'er down......too long between games it seems!

I find it odd that a player with a cup ring, a selke, and the prospects of another of both is somehow underrated....maybe in the TO media market where a good defensive forward is Jay McClement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

you should have heard them post playoffs/Selke noiminations...they thought that McClement should have been in the Selke mix....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

you should have heard them post playoffs/Selke noiminations...they thought that McClement should have been in the Selke mix....

lol...the TO media said the same of Steckal last season. STECKAL, for god's sake!!!

Unreal.....only in the GTA is this even remotely contemplated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Talk to any real devout hockey fan - not a one of them under-rates Bergeron. I talk, outside of this forum, almost exclusively to non-Bruins fan. I don't know any knowledgable fans that I talk hockey with who haven't told me they'd love Bergeron on their team.

The only people who under-rate Bergeron are people who don't know the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Absolutely true, Red.

It has been nothing short of amazing watching his career go from pure offense to that of a world class all-purpose forward after coming back from his injury.

Loved the kid when he was a rookie and still do.

Bruin for life, I hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

"without doing anything" might be a slight going overboard....still was winning faceoffs and his 200 foot game aside from scoring until........

Agree completely. Bergeron was still playing Selke quality D against the Leafs top lines even when he wasn't on the score sheet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My daughter saw his picture as a rookie and loved him.  I bought her his jersey and signed photo a couple years later.  I told her then before the concussion he was just mature for his age as a hockey player, Seguin is still learning what Bergeron knew at 21.   Now we as fans are seeing him turning into a Jean Ratelle or Jean Beliveau in character and poise a person.  I agree with Badhab, I hope he has no more concussions for I would like to see his jersey retired as a Bruin.