Another head shot by Matt Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Another head shot by Matt Cooke

Matt Cooke just recieved a 5 minute major & game misconduct for an elbow on a Rangers player. Blatant elbow with intent. ( surprise, surprise ) Should be a suspension coming. Will it ever end with this guy?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Another head shot by Matt Cooke

He is my most hated athlete in sports history.  Hopefully they dish him a major suspension.  But won't.  Shouldnt they just start doubling them up?  Give him a 10 gamer.  Send a message. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

I'd love to have heard what those FSN Pittsburgh announcers had to say to defend him this time.. They are awful. He should be done for the regular season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep it will be interesting I say the league doesn't really send the right message like 10 games. It will be two or three games maybe even four and that will tell Matt it's Ok to keep playing the way he does so yes he will do his dirty work again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

They need to take his history in consideration and throw him away for the season. What will Mario say??????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

history of a repeat offender, poster child for the intent to injure penalty.

this will show how serious - and probably not serious - the league is going to be about clamping down on this nonsense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Another head shot by Matt Cooke:
    [QUOTE]They need to take his history in consideration and throw him away for the season. What will Mario say??????
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

jwb, I tend to agree with you a lot lately.

1.  So Mario, tell us about the league protecting players again.  Tell us you don't want to be a part of this.

2.  Montreal fans/trolls/dress-wearers:  any rightious indignation today? Because all you care about is the safety of the players and the integrity of the league?  Heard from Air Canada this morning?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Why does Cooke continue to play like this?  Because he can.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Mario has larygitis......oh and his email is down........and his pen's out of ink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Mario has larygitis......oh and his email is down........and his pen's out of ink
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

He missed his train and he has to visit his inlaws also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

And wouldn't you know it, his phone fell in the toilet, apparently there is no ap for gravity

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

PERFECT opportunity right after the GM meetings for the DC to hand down a suspension to a repeat offender! I say they only give the punk 4 games! They'll blow it without question!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoHb4-DxnPc

He better get at least 10 games for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]PERFECT opportunity right after the GM meetings for the DC to hand down a suspension to a repeat offender! I say they only give the punk 4 games! They'll blow it without question!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

agree on this.  they gotta start nailing repeat offenders though.  give him 10 games.  it is less than a month.  he is one of the main reasons we are even talking about this.  I say give him 5 regular season games and 5 playoff games.  why should he get rested up to run people in the playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Wow. just saw the video.  About as blatant and stupid and dirty as you're gonna see

Unbelievable.  I say he gets at least 10

BTW, which Montreal based corporation threatens to pull there sponsorship on this one?  Not one.  That team may wear red white and blue, but they're not the Habs, so screw em

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The rest of the season. All of the playoffs. That's what Cooke deserves.

Seriously....with all the attention that has been given to hits lately, and all the attention he himself has received for cheap shots, he STILL does something this blatant? 3-4 games isn't going to teach him a thing.

Shut him down. Immediately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]And wouldn't you know it, his phone fell in the toilet, apparently there is no ap for gravity
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

That is funny.... Cooke monster will undoubtedly be give a repreive as Mario and Sidney will say he has been better since his NHL probation after almost ending (?) Savard's career.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]The rest of the season. All of the playoffs. That's what Cooke deserves. Seriously....with all the attention that has been given to hits lately, and all the attention he himself has received for cheap shots, he STILL does something this blatant? 3-4 games isn't going to teach him a thing. Shut him down. Immediately.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Question is Kennedy? Will they!! Another side note & I know this won't happen because the NHLPA, nor the league would allow it. Have the Pens organization suspend him if the league doesn't give enough. That would certainly show that Mr. Lemieux is serious about what he said. There's ample opportunity for not just the league, but the players themselves to take a stand on this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If he does not get more games than Marchand did, there is a serious problem with this league!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Mario is as serious as he said, he would suspend Cooke himself.  He doesn't need the NHL to do it.  This guy is absurd.  I can't even believe he would act so foolishly with the talk around the league.

Step up, Mario.  Be as honorable as the owner as you were as a player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am glad that he costed them the game with his stupid penalty.  That might be the best argument!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He has to know there is a giant microscope trained on him... what a dill-hole.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoHb4-DxnPc He better get at least 10 games for that.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

For once Pierre MacGuire made sense with his comment at the end

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Two games I'd say. Looks a lot like the Heatley hit. The league loves Matt Cooke. I'm all for villains but he is not the type of villain I had in mind.