Any Chance a Team Takes a Run at Rask?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Any Chance a Team Takes a Run at Rask?

RFA signings are pretty rare, but if a team could land an elite 26 year-old goalie, might they take a run at Rask. 

B's are not in a great spot Cap-wise, and there are a number of teams with plenty of room to make PC's life miserable (CapGeek has 13 teams with > $14M next year).  Some crazy GM goes 7yrs/$58M?

Anyone know when teams can contact RFA's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Any Chance a Team Takes a Run at Rask?

I beleive it's the same time as free-agency.

And as I've said before, I can see Philly offering him a contact.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

My guess is Philly, as well. There is no way they are counting on Mason to be #1, so they have someone in their sights.

I don't see Philly going with an unproven commodity, so I doubt they make an offer sheet for the Leafs' Bernier.

They could also look at aquiring a goalie via trade (I do not know if Philly has all their draft picks, that they would need to make an offer sheet). I could see them going after Ryan Miller.

Roberto Luongo, with his fragile ego, and long contract, would be a longshot, IMO.

Holmgren knows he has to get this one right. His job is going to be riding on how his next #1 goalie, performs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

not worried that B'S lose Tuukka but that another team dictates what he's worth.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Personally i think Tuukka will be paid accordingly and stay in Boston. The Bruins have the money and will make space. PC also has the benefit of knowing Rask loves Boston and his teammates and is already the teams no. 1 goalie. Signing Rask will be PC's first order of business and rightly so. I don't think other teams will get a chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Even with buyouts, doesn't seem like the Flyers have the room to put pressure on PC with an ugly offer.

What about some of the teams with material Cap Space; Flames, Isles, Jets, Yotes, Panthers and others?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Philly just avoided a cap mess with the Bryz buyout. Rask would probably cost them about the same per year, regardless of length. Can't see him moving unless we give a lowball offer and p_ _ _ him off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Personally i think Tuukka will be paid accordingly and stay in Boston. The Bruins have the money and will make space. PC also has the benefit of knowing Rask loves Boston and his teammates and is already the teams no. 1 goalie. Signing Rask will be PC's first order of business and rightly so. I don't think other teams will get a chance.

The Bruins have under 8M to sign a top two RW, and a #1 goalie. Money is a huge issue, and the Bruins are very vulnerable to an offer sheet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Bruins have under 8M to sign a top two RW, and a #1 goalie. Money is a huge issue, and the Bruins are very vulnerable to an offer sheet.

[/QUOTE]

My point is i think the B's will use the money to sign Rask and take a flyer on a top two right wing, and i don't mean Briere, although that is an option.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

What about some of the teams with material Cap Space; Flames, Isles, Jets, Yotes, Panthers and others ?

Heh Feaster! I could see teams do it, PC would match though. Some teams need to get to the cap floor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is my concern and it doesn't seem out of the question that another team might take a shot at it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

What About KHL?  not sure what the rules are regarding rfa's, but I am sure tuulka's agent will use them as leverage.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Agreed. He deserves an increase. I really like Rask. I admit when TT was around, I didnt care much for Rask and his play. But his calm demeanor and his play speaks volumes. Im all for keeping him in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

I hope a team takes him, and the Bruins get a Stanley cup calibre goalie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I don't think so...only because PC will sign him in the week prior to FA when teams have negotiation rights with their RFAs. 5Y - $27.5M is my guess.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is my concern and it doesn't seem out of the question that another team might take a shot at it.

[/QUOTE]

Crowls, one more thing to narrow down a list is to look at the teams who still own the proper picks needed for the compensation package. There have to be a few teams out of the running for that reason alone. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i see philly trying to sign Tim Thomas more than taking a shot at Rask

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Murph thinks $8.5M and as long as 7 yrs. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/13309/top-10-items-on-bruins-to-do-list

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

WOW! Thats expensive...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to bsfannny's comment:

THat's insane wouldn't go that high

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Murph's nuts - there is no way that Rask is going to get the largest contract of any goalie in the league, with a cap hit 1.5 million more than the next highest keeper, Rinne.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe, but I doubt it.  Compensation would be 5 firsts or ChiaPete would match.  If it's the Flames?  One Rask hip injury and the Bruins could be in the lottery for half a decade.  The options on other goalies are more palatable - even Leaky Lou if Van takes salary back.  If I'm a GM, even Garth Snow, I like the idea of a Frattin, prospect 2nd rounder cost better than empty pick cupboards for a long time.

Rask likely settles for Quick money:  $6m, term TBD.

Are you not entertained?!?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Maybe, but I doubt it.  Compensation would be 5 firsts or ChiaPete would match.  If it's the Flames?  One Rask hip injury and the Bruins could be in the lottery for half a decade.  The options on other goalies are more palatable - even Leaky Lou if Van takes salary back.  If I'm a GM, even Garth Snow, I like the idea of a Frattin, prospect 2nd rounder cost better than empty pick cupboards for a long time.

Rask likely settles for Quick money:  $6m, term TBD.

Book, I read that Price's deal was to be the starting point. 

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/rask-starting-point-6-years-39-million

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So he comes in at 6/$39M and ChiaPete says how about 8/$44M and they settle on 7/$42M.

I'm a genius!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

wonder if the Oilers would attempt another Vanek-like offer sheet....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”