Any news on Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Any news on Horton?

We don't hear anything from him

For sure I don't count on him for the last 10 games of the regular season.

Playoffs ??????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Re: Any news on Horton?

In Response to Any news on Horton?:
    [QUOTE]We don't hear anything from him For sure I don't count on him for the last 10 games of the regular season. Playoffs ??????????
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli was on the Sports Hub this morning and said that there is nothing further to report on Horton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really think the Bruins are being very cautious and have him star skating at the end of the season before the playoffs
    Management made a decision a while ago to go forth with the team they have and having Horton back is just a bonus.
    He's at most of the home games and up and around the dressing room game day , practices with the boys.  Those are good signs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Im sure i heard during the game that one of the leaf commentators said it wasnt good. Speculation maybe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Any news on Horton?:
    [QUOTE]Im sure i heard during the game that one of the leaf commentators said it wasnt good. Speculation maybe.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

those guys know squat.  If it wasn't good on Horton he would be a dark room and not at the arena.  He was spotted 3-4 times in the past 2weeks.
    By Chiarelli saying there's nothing new it doesn't mean he's getting worse or better, he's (and Julien also) basically tired of answering the same questions over and over again.  Nothing new means he's doing his own off ice work outs.
    Till he's not on skates they'll continue to say "nothing new". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

take a lesson from marc savard.... shut him down until next october. the guy's still young, give him the best shot at a long and fruitful career. you think anyone will pull up on a big hit in the playoffs(or any time for that matter)? get well horts, come back healthy and invigorated in 2012-13. SHUT HIM DOWN 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

[QUOTE]I really think the Bruins are being very cautious and have him star skating at the end of the season before the playoffs Management made a decision a while ago to go forth with the team they have and having Horton back is just a bonus. He's at most of the home games and up and around the dressing room game day , practices with the boys.  Those are good signs. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Another good sign is he's going to get his head shaved at "cuts for a cause."  I'm sure if he was having significant concussion issues he wouldn't be all for having some random person run hair clippers over his head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Horton? : Another good sign is he's going to get his head shaved at "cuts for a cause."  I'm sure if he was having significant concussion issues he wouldn't be all for having some random person run hair clippers over his head.
    Posted by inflamedcolon[/QUOTE]

LOL... that's a good one.  BTW shave what ?  He practically is already shaved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

On the positive side Caron has been filling in quite well. He is still learning, but his skating, passing and all around physical play helps both Kreji and Lucic. He doesn't have Horton's shot yet, but that could come with more experience and tuteledge. This also allows Peverly to come back on the 3rd line where he can break in with less presssure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Call me crazy but how can you sit Rolston now?

The guys we all wanted to sit have been lighting it up the past couple games.

Notably Caron, Pouliot and Rolston...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Horton won't be back this season. If he's not even ready to skate yet, he won't be ready for regular season situations for a while. So even if he IS ready during the playoffs, it would be foolish to put him in an environment where hits are harder, hits are dirtier, and games are played with more of an edge. Let him rest, give his brain time to strengthen once it is sufficiently healed (instead of putting him on the ice once minimum requirements are met) and let him be strong for next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

Agreed.  I don't expect Horton back this season at all!!! First you have to get in shape with no time to do that.  Then how well do really believe he will play after being out with no conditioning??? Peverly will be as good as it gets!!! Which could be good enough if the 3rd line keeps on chung'n away!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Caron plays a lot like Looch, real heavy on the puck with a great shot. He, Pouliot, a rejuvenated Rolston and Pevs when he returns should ease the loss of Horty till next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Sure doesn't look good for last years "Mr. Clutch in game 7's" return. Similar to Savard/Cooke; I think that big hit during the playoffs last year did the biggest damage. The hit by Sisesto (sp?), didn't really look all that bad......but the remnants of last years wallop by Rome must have still been lingering. Horton didn't seem to be player he was last year......

I hope he's like Bergeron.....and can bounce back next year similarly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Peverley will be a HUGE upgrade over Pouliot, when he returns next week or so.

Let's hope Horton can come back by the 2nd round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

If the Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston line plays like they did last night, Pev will not be coming back on the 3rd line...

That line was insane last night...

Side note, who do you sit?

Probably Caron or Pouliot I would guess...

Once one starts playing worse, Pev will come in for whichever one it is probably...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I have a feeling the Merlot line will be missing an enforcer come playoff time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]Caron plays a lot like Looch, real heavy on the puck with a great shot. He, Pouliot, a rejuvenated Rolston and Pevs when he returns should ease the loss of Horty till next season.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Pierre Mcguire discribed Caron on his draft day as a Louch player with a higher offensive up swing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston line plays like they did last night, Pev will not be coming back on the 3rd line... That line was insane last night... Side note, who do you sit? Probably Caron or Pouliot I would guess... Once one starts playing worse, Pev will come in for whichever one it is probably...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]
    this is what is meant by the word "depth". let us not forget the bruins are playing without a perrenial all-star (savvy), and their game 7 hero from last season, AND are still second in the conference. that's depth. with peverley back this team looks like a team that is ready for a playoff run. remember who replaced horton last year? seguin. he picks up the slack from a missing horton. no worries my friends. we just need for someone to play impromptu goalie if needed, thanks for the memories ryder!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

my bad seguin replaced bergy, now that i recollect. but you get the point. seguin picks up the slack for a missing horton. he didn't play in the first two series, and is much much improved from last season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2012/03/bruins_prepare_9.html

* "Nathan Horton will not travel to California. Horton continues to go through off-ice workouts."

Status quo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2012/03/bruins_prepare_9.html * "Nathan Horton will not travel to California. Horton continues to go through off-ice workouts ." Status quo
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Off-ice workouts are still a good sign.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Any news on Horton?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Horton? : Off-ice workouts are still a good sign. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If he wasn't working out at all then I would say he's done till Sept. so it is a real good sign.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Horton? : If he wasn't working out at all then I would say he's done till Sept. so it is a real good sign.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, a healthy Horton would leave Thornton, Pouliot, Caron and Rolston to battle it out for the final spots at forward. That would be huge for playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Any news on Horton?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Horton? : San, a healthy Horton would leave Thornton, Pouliot, Caron and Rolston to battle it out for the final spots at forward. That would be huge for playoffs.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No doubt!