Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow?

Tomorrow is the Thomas family gathering. I know most of our family follows this forum, and I will be glad to pass on anyones well wishes. Will post pics of the event Thursday. Bruins rule!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow?

Keep being a boss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]Tomorrow is the Thomas family gathering. I know most of our family follows this forum, and I will be glad to pass on anyones well wishes. Will post pics of the event Thursday. Bruins rule!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]
    Can you find out if he's is in Calgary this year for Essensa's goalie camp? Tell him Nitemare-38 Thanks him for making a lot of people realize I wasn't nuts for sticking up for him! Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

yeah i can't help but think Nite and my invitation got lost in the mail. Oh well, if you think of it please tell him thank you from us fans back here for providing a performance we will never forget and one we will be telling our grand kids about...Also tell him one of the first words my son said was Timmy Thomas! he's a dad, he might get a kick out of it..Oh, one more thing, ask him if he is sticking with last years equipment, or is he going to with something new, perhaps some Bruins gold mixed in...

Enjoy your time together.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow wino now I know why you took it so personal with some around here.
    I think you and nitemare were the biggest supporters of TT on this board.
    Kudos guys !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It would seem my accusations of you being related too TT were true all along. Let`s hope that just like TT, you`ll be able to throw some support behind Rask and the entire team next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I will and thanks guys. Dez, I do support the team, and Tuukka is a good friend of Timmys. Still blood is thicker then ice. I am also going to ask him for another Vezina, Conn Smyth, Stanley cup, as well as the Hart and Jennings for next season. In return maybe one of you can explain to me how I post pics of the celebration on here? Should be a wonderful day, and I am sure it was a oversight that you guys got no invitations, lol. See you all Thursday, as I don't know if I will be sober enough to post tomorrow. GO BRUINS!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Wow Wino, that is really cool to me that you are related to Timmy and a member of this board...

If you get around to it, tell him that absolutely none of this Stanley Cup Summer Celebration would even be close to possible if not for his unbelievable effort...

The story of how he kept fighting to eventually make it to the top is honestly the most inspirational sports story I know of...

Thank you for sharing some of the experience with us, it is much appreciated...

My real question is does Timmy ever read this stuff?

I would tend to doubt it since he never "pumped Luongo's tires" haha but I am always very interested in that kind of stuff...

Thanks again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Tell him thanks for prooving me wrong saying he couldn't win in the playoffs and I also would like to say I am sorry for shouting his name and swears from the balcony of game 2 of the habs sereis when he got scored on 2 times in the first min. ( not that he could hear me anyway)

Very happy for him for all he had to do with his career going over seas playing in the ahl and now hes the best goalie on the planet. Ask him if he remembers the dallas game in boston in 2006 where he played awsome but the bruins lost in a shootout. See if he remebers two bruins fans holding up a sighn during warmups that said fire sully and made fun of the bruins add campain that season.

"no heart'

"no effort"

"no intensity"

its called bruins......

Anyway on behalf of all bruins fans just tell him thanks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Also pass on he needs to win another cup so he can have a ring for each of his parents since they pawned off their wedding rings so he could play hockey one year. I am sure his parents would prefer to have their own ring each instead of having to share just one :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tell Timmah not to get injured lifting that cup around. He's getting old and camp is right around the corner...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Tell him he one the hearts of so many people during this run.  Turned so many non believers into believers! To me this was more then a Hockey story but a real human interest story of perserverance!
    They should do a movie on his life one day!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]I will and thanks guys. Dez, I do support the team, and Tuukka is a good friend of Timmys. Still blood is thicker then ice. I am also going to ask him for another Vezina, Conn Smyth, Stanley cup, as well as the Hart and Jennings for next season. In return maybe one of you can explain to me how I post pics of the celebration on here? Should be a wonderful day, and I am sure it was a oversight that you guys got no invitations, lol. See you all Thursday, as I don't know if I will be sober enough to post tomorrow. GO BRUINS!!
    Congrats on a big day for you and your family. Hope all is well this summer. TT had the best season ever for a goalie and deserves all of the accolades he's received. Drink some for all of us.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]wow wino now I know why you took it so personal with some around here. I think you and nitemare were the biggest supporters of TT on this board. Kudos guys !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Don't suppose you'd believe me if I said in a Darth Vader voice. "Legion...I AM TIMMY THOMAS!!!Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

There absolutely needs to be some sort of documentary done on the guy.....I'm pretty sure that 99% of people in Boston love the Tom Brady story, or a number of other guys in other sports (Pedroia, Lester, etc.), but Thomas' story of perseverance and determination blows those guys out of the water. Rarely do you see a guy spend 10 years in the minors/european leagues after getting drafted in the 8th round, finally make it and get shaken off by non-believers for years, win a Vezina, lose the new believers, and then turn in one of the greatest regular seasons, and then turn in THE greatest postseason performance by a goaltender. The man has been through hell and back, and made me proud to be a B's fan the whole way. Take away a few softies against Tampa, and his performance was downright jawdropping.....literally. Nevermind how he conducts himself after games, talks a little trash but is always loving life and grateful for everything that he has, and plays the game with an edge that is unmatched by today's other goaltenders (i.e. slash on Burrows, hit on Sedin for recent examples).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]There absolutely needs to be some sort of documentary done on the guy.....I'm pretty sure that 99% of people in Boston love the Tom Brady story, or a number of other guys in other sports (Pedroia, Lester, etc.), but Thomas' story of perseverance and determination blows those guys out of the water. Rarely do you see a guy spend 10 years in the minors/european leagues after getting drafted in the 8th round, finally make it and get shaken off by non-believers for years, win a Vezina, lose the new believers, and then turn in one of the greatest regular seasons, and then turn in THE greatest postseason performance by a goaltender. The man has been through hell and back, and made me proud to be a B's fan the whole way. Take away a few softies against Tampa, and his performance was downright jawdropping.....literally. Nevermind how he conducts himself after games, talks a little trash but is always loving life and grateful for everything that he has, and plays the game with an edge that is unmatched by today's other goaltenders (i.e. slash on Burrows, hit on Sedin for recent examples).
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

When did he talk trash ? 
    He avoided talking about Luongo the whole series while the other one was bad mouthing him etc...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]There absolutely needs to be some sort of documentary done on the guy.....I'm pretty sure that 99% of people in Boston love the Tom Brady story, or a number of other guys in other sports (Pedroia, Lester, etc.), but Thomas' story of perseverance and determination blows those guys out of the water. Rarely do you see a guy spend 10 years in the minors/european leagues after getting drafted in the 8th round, finally make it and get shaken off by non-believers for years, win a Vezina, lose the new believers, and then turn in one of the greatest regular seasons, and then turn in THE greatest postseason performance by a goaltender. The man has been through hell and back, and made me proud to be a B's fan the whole way. Take away a few softies against Tampa, and his performance was downright jawdropping.....literally. Nevermind how he conducts himself after games, talks a little trash but is always loving life and grateful for everything that he has, and plays the game with an edge that is unmatched by today's other goaltenders (i.e. slash on Burrows, hit on Sedin for recent examples).
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    The goals in the first 3 games against the Habs were worse; or just as bad. It was what he did after he allowed those goals that was incredible. The guy is amzing at shaking it off!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

In Response to Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]Tomorrow is the Thomas family gathering. I know most of our family follows this forum, and I will be glad to pass on anyones well wishes. Will post pics of the event Thursday. Bruins rule!!!

to late but yet my wishes to timmy thomas would be great season you earned mvp as i said he would before the season began and years ago when the bruins signed timmy thomas. how do you like those apples ye olde winesock would be my second comment.  i like your post not crying whino but your name brings to mind that trouble making clown ye olde winesock and that isn;'t good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Any words or wishes for Timmy tomorrow? : Can you find out if he's is in Calgary this year for Essensa's goalie camp? Tell him Nitemare-38 Thanks him for making a lot of people realize I wasn't nuts for sticking up for him!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

No, commitments will take him right up until the start of camp. Players can start skating the 6th, and Timmy would love to start as soon to that as possible, before the 16th camp opener!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]yeah i can't help but think Nite and my invitation got lost in the mail. Oh well, if you think of it please tell him thank you from us fans back here for providing a performance we will never forget and one we will be telling our grand kids about...Also tell him one of the first words my son said was Timmy Thomas! he's a dad, he might get a kick out of it..Oh, one more thing, ask him if he is sticking with last years equipment, or is he going to with something new, perhaps some Bruins gold mixed in... Enjoy your time together.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, he loved the story. He will have a new brand of pads, colors will be similar!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]Wow Wino, that is really cool to me that you are related to Timmy and a member of this board... If you get around to it, tell him that absolutely none of this Stanley Cup Summer Celebration would even be close to possible if not for his unbelievable effort... The story of how he kept fighting to eventually make it to the top is honestly the most inspirational sports story I know of... Thank you for sharing some of the experience with us, it is much appreciated... My real question is does Timmy ever read this stuff? I would tend to doubt it since he never "pumped Luongo's tires" haha but I am always very interested in that kind of stuff... Thanks again!
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]Tim read the blogs and sports sections his first year. He learned not to because he would sometimes take the words to heart. So now he never reads anything to do with himself. Great question. I can tell you his dad and most uncles, as well as many others almost all have accounts here!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]Tell him thanks for prooving me wrong saying he couldn't win in the playoffs and I also would like to say I am sorry for shouting his name and swears from the balcony of game 2 of the habs sereis when he got scored on 2 times in the first min. ( not that he could hear me anyway) Very happy for him for all he had to do with his career going over seas playing in the ahl and now hes the best goalie on the planet. Ask him if he remembers the dallas game in boston in 2006 where he played awsome but the bruins lost in a shootout. See if he remebers two bruins fans holding up a sighn during warmups that said fire sully and made fun of the bruins add campain that season. "no heart' "no effort" "no intensity" its called bruins...... Anyway on behalf of all bruins fans just tell him thanks!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    He asked me to tell anyone that doubted him that he had doubts of being a nhl goalie let alone a famous one, and had resigned himself to finishing his career in Europe. To the true believers he says Thank you, and tries to mention us in every speech he gives. He hates giving speeches btw!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]Also pass on he needs to win another cup so he can have a ring for each of his parents since they pawned off their wedding rings so he could play hockey one year. I am sure his parents would prefer to have their own ring each instead of having to share just one :)
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Another good laugh for Timmy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

SAN, He claims he isn't old, haha!