Anyone miss Sturm?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Anyone miss Sturm?

i think pc would have rather seen ryder hit the road but couldn't find any takers. sturm is gone cause he was easier to trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No. If we still had Sturm this team would be over the salary cap still.  He has been a mixed bag for LA so far at beat.  Murray has called him out already there.  They had to make a tough roster decision and they made it.  No looking back now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great post, Fletch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I hope he does well in LA.. I personally think PC and the organization must have felt that after two major knee reconstructive surgeries he wouldn't be the same player.. His game is built on speed..Plus no one wants Ryder....

7 time 20+ goal scorer , who wouldn't miss a player like that .. But long term health has been a problem for Sturm in the last few years.. I like him when he was here and hope he stays healthy! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

fletch, wouldn't trading sturm or ryder have done the same for the cap?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It is too bad PC messed up the cap and we had to give a very productive player away.  I watch the game last night and the most telling comment for me was when the CBC announcers said despite being on two rebuilt knees he has not lost any speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I also watched last nights game. Thought Sturm played a strong game!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone miss Sturm?:
    [QUOTE]No. If we still had Sturm this team would be over the salary cap still.  He has been a mixed bag for LA so far at beat.  Murray has called him out already there.  They had to make a tough roster decision and they made it.  No looking back now.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fletch...any idea what Murray doesn't like about Sturm's game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I also liked Sturm but continuing comments complaining about Ryder are bunk. Every line he has played on in the last few weeks produces. He was dynamic last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone miss Sturm?:
    [QUOTE]No. If we still had Sturm this team would be over the salary cap still.  He has been a mixed bag for LA so far at beat.  Murray has called him out already there.  They had to make a tough roster decision and they made it.  No looking back now.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I agree that he is a mixed bag for any team he plays for.  Even the year that he lead the Bruins in scoring(last year) I feel like expect for the winter classic he did not score any big goals but rather scored mostly when we had a comfortable lead.  PC did the right thing to deal him and not risk dealing a Michael Ryder who has been producing and taking a chance on Sturm.  I do not regret the trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I do. I'd rather have Marco than Daniel. Both can work the PK, but one actually scores too.

In Response to Anyone miss Sturm?:
    [QUOTE]Just looked at Sturms stats - 4G 4A with a plus 6 in 13 games.  I always felt like he could score a big goal for us when needed, especially on the PP. Anyone here been able to catch any of the Kings games?  How does Sturm look?  Personally I would have rather seen Ryder hit the road. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

To me Ryder takes too many nights off and unfortunately has the same boring demeanor as the coach.  At least Sturm showed some passion once in a while. 

Ryder Dynamic?  Hardly.  He scored on a nice wrist shot but otherwise I'm not sure I noticed him for most of the game.