Anyone see Ryder tonight vs Red Wings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Anyone see Ryder tonight vs Red Wings?

He was simply dangerous, a couple laser wrist shot goals.  17 goals so far?  Said Boston was deep and he's getting more ice time and more offensive time in Dallas.  Helps that Dallas' new coach is very offensive-minded.  He must love it there.

Wonder if he avoids the long periods where he disappears in this system?  Nice to see him doing well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Anyone see Ryder tonight vs Red Wings?

In Response to Anyone see Ryder tonight vs Red Wings?:
    [QUOTE]He was simply dangerous, a couple laser wrist shot goals.  17 goals so far?  Said Boston was deep and he's getting more ice time and more offensive time in Dallas.  Helps that Dallas' new coach is very offensive-minded.  He must love it there. Wonder if he avoids the long periods where he disappears in this system?  Nice to see him doing well.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

SoxFan - I didn't see the game but the description you give of his performance tonight sounds like the stuff we've seen of him as a Bruin - but unfortunately on an inconsistent basis.  We saw displays of his dead-eye shooting.  So far it seems like he's flourishing in more of an attack structure.  Maybe this will negate those frustrating times when his play wasn't up to par. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Has a killer wrist shot and i wish nothing but the best for him, but, for over $3 mil a year he can stay in Dallas. Made some big plays in the Stanley Cup run though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I never got the Ryder-bashing around here. It basically comes down to him or Hamill/Caron as a third line wing, and come playoff time I'd take the veteran any day and twice on Sundays. We all saw him come up big in 3-4 crucial moments during the Cup run, and it's unlikely those particular young guys will have the same impact on the biggest stage.

It's nice to see the younger guys get a shot, and I was fine seeing Ryder go due to salary management, but he was a solid 3rd line guy even through the scoring droughts. Nothing but well wishes from here...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

I watched the game and yeah he was all over the ice.  He had two vintage Ryder goals where he used the Dman as a screen and kind of toe dragged the puck into a position to shoot and miss the d-man. 

It definitely helps that he's playing with linemates like Jamie Benn and Louie Eriksson.  Jamie Benn was an absolute beast in the game last night.  I love the way he plays the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I think we should have kept him, even at 3 mil. He's a proven playoff stud, and those aren't overly abundant. We have Krecji, Looch, Bergy, and Horton as our so far best forwards in the playoffs, but having Ryder too would have been nice. Don't think we can expect aything at all out of Caron or Zack, and Pouliot is still an unproven playoff commodity. If we don't repeat, the lack of Ryder will be the biggest reason IMO. That's why I say we need another scorer. Detroit looks terrific, and so does Dallas. The west will be hard to beat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Doesn't he make like 4-5 mil a year?  Why does everyone keep saying 3?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Krayzie, he's locked in at 3.5 for 2 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone see Ryder tonight vs Red Wings?:
    [QUOTE]Krayzie, he's locked in at 3.5 for 2 years.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

I was going to start a thread last night when I found out he got 17. He's on pace for ..... nevermond will leave it to BoookBoy to calculate.

Yup good old Glyder !  Last season I mentioned I didn't care what he did during the season after his performance against the Habs.
    I do miss the guy.
    I also understand why PC could not give him the money and opted to give youth a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

might miss the newfie come playoff time, but i don't fault chia. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

always plays well his first season with any team, we'll see where he is at this point next season. i always found his wrist shot to be up there with the likes of brett hull

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, he was Vintage Ryder (on his good days) and it was easy to remember how big he came up at playoff time, not just last year if I remember right. 

Thats why I wondered if the Dallas "O first" style would suit him better than a D style like Claude's. And mb30 is right, Benn was a monster out there.

Detroit looks scary good night after night.  eeek. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I never got the Ryder-bashing around here. It basically comes down to him or Hamill/Caron as a third line wing, and come playoff time I'd take the veteran any day and twice on Sundays. We all saw him come up big in 3-4 crucial moments during the Cup run, and it's unlikely those particular young guys will have the same impact on the biggest stage. It's nice to see the younger guys get a shot, and I was fine seeing Ryder go due to salary management, but he was a solid 3rd line guy even through the scoring droughts. Nothing but well wishes from here...
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Asmaha, I think most of us thought Ryder was decent but overpaid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Ya, I liked Ryder on the Storm too... 

Money playerl he showed up when it counted.

Good depth guy for Offence, better than Pouliot  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]always plays well his first season with any team, we'll see where he is at this point next season. i always found his wrist shot to be up there with the likes of brett hull
    Posted by geez77[/QUOTE]
    ^This. Not 10 players in the league have his wrister.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thought Ryder was overpaid, but not grossly.  Didn't think he was deserving of all the crap he took here.  Never had a problem with his salary during playoffs though,  guess that's why I cut him some slack.
    Sometimes Horton reminds me of him....'cept it takes Horton twice as long to get a shot off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legion - he's on a 36 goal pace.

I would periodically come on here to dispute the Ryder is overpaid claims.  If you look at what he delivered for his salary, and compared him to others in the same salary range, he was never out of whack - never Ville Leino.  The biggest problem is that, as fans, we forget that the contracts reflect a meat market that escalates every year (or has since the lockout); we want to see absolute value. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Said Boston was deep and he's getting more ice time and more offensive time in Dallas.  Helps that Dallas' new coach is very offensive-minded."

That made me laugh out loud when Ryder mentioned "he's on the ice for more offensive situations". Julien gave his boy every chance, in every situation, night in night out. Leave it to Michael to make a comment like that after all the chances he got on Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]"Said Boston was deep and he's getting more ice time and more offensive time in Dallas.  Helps that Dallas' new coach is very offensive-minded." That made me laugh out loud when Ryder mentioned "he's on the ice for more offensive situations". Julien gave his boy every chance, in every situation, night in night out. Leave it to Michael to make a comment like that after all the chances he got on Boston.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

No kidding! If I recall he had a good first contract year in Boston too and then seemed to get too comfortable (lazy). We will see how he does in the long run. It is not even half a season into his 2 year deal.

One thing is for certain. He can get 50 this year and collect his money but he will not win a cup in Dallas. He might not even make it into the playoffs but something tells me he does not mind this all that much. Have fun scoring goals in Texas Michael.