anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!?

look at the lines
    krejci-horton-lucic
    marchand-bergeron-recchi
    ryder-seguin-peverly-kelly
    campbell-thornton-paille

chara-kaberle
    kampfer-boychuck
    mcquaid-sidenburg-ference

so with those lines who gets possibly sent down? could there be a big trade coming? a 3 for 1 maybe or a 2 for 1? 1/2 forwards and a dman for a scoring forward? i am jus thinking about it, havent heard anything, dont have a source, jus throwin that idea out there. 
    ryder and ference for....
    and i hope they dont send down mcquaid because he has been having a good year, ference havin an alright year. only one that could go down is kampfer but he is playin pretty well too. and none of the forwards will be sent down, and i dont wanna see seguin scratched every night, especially with kelly who has speed and peverly who i heard also has speed. so thoughts on this being another possible trade coming up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!?

I get that feeling but it might not be a popular move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I have a feeling Paille will now go for a pick then Thornton and Seguin will both see some healthy scratches. If Peverly and Kelly come in and blow it up look for Julien to ask Horton to watch some games as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ference should be the 7th D, and Kelly/Paille/Thornton can split time as the extra forward...I dont see the need for another trade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If it does happen it will likely be done at the deadline which gives PC some time to evaluate if what he has done is enough.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Chara/Kaberle
    Kampfer/Seidenberg
    Boychuk/McQuaid
    Ference

That's a pretty good looking D corps going into the playoffs

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I hope so. We could still use a winger. I know we have extra forwards right now, but I think another scoring winger would help. Horton isn't consistent & cannot be relied on. We can always trade a forward or two for a pick or a prospect if we have to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would love to see us make a big splash. Doubt it happens but I would deal Krecjci and the toronto first for Rick Nash. I would also be willing to put that toronto pick in play for richards as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

You really can't trade Krejci, otherwise you end up with Bergeron and three 3rd/4th line centers

I really hope Savard is back next year and can replace Ryder in the lineup, and Caron can take Recchi's spot.  That would give us 3 very strong lines.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

3rd line is Peverly/Kelly/Ryder as of now. 
    My hope is we make a serious run at a 1st line winger.  Porblem is we lost our
    1st rounder and we won't trade the Leafs unless its for a budding star. 
    If we can add the top line winger we can move Horton onto the 3rd line and bump Ryder to the 4th line.

My fear is that we won't have a pick to land the Hemsky or Penner we need. 
    A third line of Horton/Kelly/Peverly would be fun to watch.

I think we could be done. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One forward has to go, sit or whatever and a 7th dman, but heres what im feeling or thinking, the Bs will go after one more Dman and deal away 2 and a pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

In Response to Re: anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!?:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see us make a big splash. Doubt it happens but I would deal Krecjci and the toronto first for Rick Nash. I would also be willing to put that toronto pick in play for richards as well.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

ummmm....last I heard, Richards had a concussion and was on the shelf.  Krejci also has a cap hit of 3.75 while Nash is 7.8M+, so you'd have to shed 5M in salary - not likely to happen

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!? : ummmm....last I heard, Richards had a concussion and was on the shelf.  Krejci also has a cap hit of 3.75 while Nash is 7.8M+, so you'd have to shed 5M in salary - not likely to happen
    Posted by CelticBear68[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I think its liekly its more a pipe dream I must admit. Stupid post probably

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ferrence and Ryder for Dustin Penner

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]Ferrence and Ryder for Dustin Penner Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Ferrence has been great this year and why would a rebuilding team take 2 overpaid veterans

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

unfortunately kaberle is "the big splash"  we had 4 mil to play with and its now spoken for.  Teams willing to trade an impact winger will be looking to get younger and possibly shed salary at the same time.  We need to trade as much salary as we get back so a pick/prospect package doesnt work.  The only way it can happen is if we offer a "future package" so irresistable that the other team is willing to take ryder just to make the deal happen.  not likely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think they're done. They have a bit of cap space (about $1 million?) and could possibly do something that falls under the category of tweaking the roster. If they do find a more substantial deal there would likely be a body going the other way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]You really can't trade Krejci, otherwise you end up with Bergeron and three 3rd/4th line centers I really hope Savard is back next year and can replace Ryder in the lineup, and Caron can take Recchi's spot.  That would give us 3 very strong lines.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I feel better now that you've said Krejci can't be traded. Unfortunately, SAVARD will never come back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

Ok, RICHARDS IS NOT COMING TO BOSTON.  I don't care if the Stars are in panic mode and looking to move him.  I would hope that PC wouldn't trade for an injured player like that.  We'll have our hands full trying to re-up with Kaberle this summer let alone Richards too.

I would love to see us pull a deal with Edmonton, but it's very unrealistic.  I think TOR's 1st rounder would be enticing, along with a roster player or 2, but do we really want to be without a pick in the 1st round of the draft?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!? : I am not saying I think its liekly its more a pipe dream I must admit. Stupid post probably
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Probably?  The thing that a lot of people don't get is that player like Nash need playmakers to get them the puck.  Krejci is a playmaker, and he is very important to this team, even more so now that Savard is out for the season.   Even greats like Cam Neely wouldn't have scored as many goals without playmakers like Adam Oates. Is David Krejci Adam Oates? NO!  Is he Mark Savard?  Well, kind of. He is still developing his game. He is Marc Savard entering the prime of his career.

Let's consider some stats. David Krejci is in his 4th full season with the B's and he has 41 pts in 51 games, and of those points, 32 are assists.  He averages .8 points per game.  Compare his 4th season with Mark Savard's, when Savard had 36 points in 66 games, for .55 ppg.   In his first 4 years (4the season still pending), Krejci has 54-139-193 in 274 games, or .70 ppg, and a +52 rating.  Savard had 70-135-205 in 319 games, or .64 ppg and a -46 rating!

Now consider how that effects the players around him.  Does Lucic have 24 goals without him?  I doubt it.  How do you roll with a line of Lucic, Nash, and Horton?  They can all score, but how distributes the puck?  Look what happened to the B's when Krejci went down in the playoffs last year.  They dried up.  You could argue that David Krejci is one of the most important players on this team.  Unfortunately you don't see him on many highlight reels, because in the NOW world we live in, the great pass usually tends to end up edited out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

?????? Keep Paille and shed Kelly? Seriously? The Richards deal is not available. It's out of our financial reach, so don't bother thinking about it.

I'd keep Kelly over Paille, Thornton, Rex and likely Campbell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

PC is done for now...perhaps a small deal at the deadline if it is needed.

By the way, what is with the Paille love-in. the guy has what 3 goals?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Nope. I hope Ryder goes but probably won't

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: anyone think there could be another trade before the deadline?!? : Paille is terrible.  But he brings speed and penalty killing ability much like Kelly.  I only mentioned this because I thought the Richards deal could still be done, and we would need as much cap space as possible.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

I see. I would not get too attached to Richards, however, he is out with a concussion....not that I think we need him anyway.