Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely

I was just listening to the Fan sports radio at noon today in Toronto. They were discussing the struggles of the Canucks and how if the Canucks do not go deep into the playoffs this year and or do not win the cup, Alain Vigneault could go. 

Then they started saying the same thing about Claude Julien. This was reported by Louis Jean who reports mainly on the HABS.  This was dismissed by John Shannon of the FAN because the Bruins won the cup last season, but Louis Jean jumped in to say that as of last November, he was told that Neely does not like the way Julien coaches because he is too defensive minded. Louis Jean also stated that, he does not know if that has changed at all because of the cup win, but he holds firm that Neely is not a fan of Claude Julien and if the Bruins do not make a deep playoff run this year, Julien could be gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely

In Response to Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]I was just listening to the Fan sports radio at noon today in Toronto. They were discussing the struggles of the Canucks and how if they Canucks do not go deep into the playoffs this year and or do not win the cup, Alain Vigneault could go.  Then they started saying the same thing about Claude Julien. This was reported by Louis Jean who reports mainly on the HABS.  This was dismissed by John Shannon of the FAN because the Bruins won the cup last season, but Louis Jean jumped in to say that as of last November, he was told that Neely does not like the way Julien coaches because he is too defensive minded. Louis Jean also stated that, he does not know if that has changed at all because of the cup win, but he holds firm that Neely is not a fan of Claude Julien and if the Bruins do not make a deep playoff run this year, Julien could be gone.
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever[/QUOTE]
    I saw the look on Cam's face after the Cup win. I doubt he'd trade that look for a more offensive-minded coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I would guess this all goes back to that one comment by Neely last year.  Something along the lines of "You can't win a game 0-0."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

And yet Peter Chiarelli stated at the end of last season his goal was to keep the Cup winning lineup mostly intact, and he pretty much acted to do so.  No snipers sought, no big $$ roster changes.
    The organization as a whole seems to stand behind the status quo in word and deed.
    Cam Neely, personally? Jeez, I dunno.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If the Bruins had lost to Montreal Julien would have been gone but it would have been a business decision. I don't think Julien would be in trouble if the Bruins don't make it out of the 2nd round this season but an extension might be put on hold.

I don't know Louis Jean enough because I've only read him a few times so I don't know if his opinion is just hog wash to sell or get hockey fans to his blog/articles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Neely does not make the coaching change.  That's the GMs job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, this is digging for garbage. And PC is firmly behind CJ, that's all that really matters.  A lot of people don't understand the way Claude coaches, and maybe that includes Neely. But there is no way CJ gets fired this season under any circumstance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Sounds like balderdash to me.
    It seems to me that some Canadian pundits I read seem to mention Julien and Vigneault in the same sentence a lot.

How did the "offensive-minded" approach work out for the King of Smug Vigneault so far?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like balderdash to me. It seems to me that some Canadian pundits I read seem to mention Julien and Vigneault in the same sentence a lot. How did the "offensive-minded" approach work out for the King of Smug Vigneault so far?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    If this is any indication......

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/should-alain-vigneaults-days-numbered-in-vancouver/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]I was just listening to the Fan sports radio at noon today in Toronto. They were discussing the struggles of the Canucks and how if the Canucks do not go deep into the playoffs this year and or do not win the cup, Alain Vigneault could go.  Then they started saying the same thing about Claude Julien. This was reported by Louis Jean who reports mainly on the HABS.  This was dismissed by John Shannon of the FAN because the Bruins won the cup last season, but Louis Jean jumped in to say that as of last November, he was told that Neely does not like the way Julien coaches because he is too defensive minded. Louis Jean also stated that, he does not know if that has changed at all because of the cup win, but he holds firm that Neely is not a fan of Claude Julien and if the Bruins do not make a deep playoff run this year, Julien could be gone.

Speculation is not good for gas prices either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I bet the Habs would have CJ back in a second if the Bs fired him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

I believe Julien gets a pass this whole season including playoffs, but if there is many struggles to start next year, he could be axed but I also dont believe it would be because Cam dont get along with him or does not like his coaching techniques, it would be for the team moving forward, this off sesason the Bruins should scout around for a up and comer coach and add to the staff or to Providence, like a Dineen type or someone like that,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]I bet the Habs would have CJ back in a second if the Bs fired him.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

or Vigneault...he has all the needed qualities...smug, arrogant, and a francophone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins had lost to Montreal Julien would have been gone but it would have been a business decision. I don't think Julien would be in trouble if the Bruins don't make it out of the 2nd round this season but an extension might be put on hold. I don't know Louis Jean enough because I've only read him a few times so I don't know if his opinion is just hog wash to sell or get hockey fans to his blog/articles.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Louis Jean works for Sportsnet & is Montreal based and has some credibility. I believe there certainly was an issue between CJ & Neely through the struggles last season, hence the "can't win games zero to zero" quote by Neely.

However, after winning the cup I am sure that has changed some opinion's on the matter, including Neely's. But you never know how personal those issues have been or can they even be resolved.

So much regarding this team depends on how they look come April in many aspects of the team. But I do believe CJ will be safe unless he wishes to move on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Be careful what you wish for here.  Neely is everything that captures the Bruins spirit, a great leader, and a no-nonsense force of accountability.  He's great.

But, I believe that Julien and Chiarelli are the brains of the operation.  We need both.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not sure how much stock I would put into this. Isn't there enough to talk about up there?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Please, in Montreal they were already starting rumours after 5 games that Julien's job was in danger. They just love to talk up here in Montreal.  Some of these guys should get real jobs , they're just lucky in this city they need 100 reporters to talk hockey therefore there's the need to speculate and voice "their opinions".
    They started a rumor in Montreal that Scott Gomez's contract will be bought out and the Devil's would be interested.  Complete baloney ! Under the current CBA about 4m will still count on their cap. Not going to happen.
    Take these guys with a grain of salt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Boston is #2 in goals per game 0.02 behind the mighty pittsburg penguins.

I highly suspect PC and Neely already had this conversation and are way past it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]This was reported by Louis Jean who reports mainly on the HABS.  .... Neely is not a fan of Claude Julien and if the Bruins do not make a deep playoff run this year, Julien could be gone.

This is a reporter telling his base what they want to hear...even if there is no truth to it.   Face it, this would be every HAB's fan's wet dream. 

Imagine if your team fired Julien and he went on to take your biggest rival to the promissed land? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

speculation based on ancient history

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I dont believe this story at all. but if it is true tell Neely not to let the door hit his azz on the way out. as much as i loved him as a player i can care less what he thinks now. Julien isn't going anywhere anytime soon. PC better not even think of it and i dont believe he is. JULIEN IS THE BRUINS! he is the best coach in maybe all the four major sports.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful what you wish for here.  Neely is everything that captures the Bruins spirit, a great leader, and a no-nonsense force of accountability.  He's great. But, I believe that Julien and Chiarelli are the brains of the operation.  We need both.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

very insightful comment.  Neely's brand though, is succumbing to the realities of time.  Everything is fading further into the rear view mirror.  It's life.
     We rarely hear what an outstanding hockey guy Cam is.  We just keep hearing the legend that is Cam.  That will need to change if he wants to grow as a team executive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely : This is a reporter telling his base what they want to hear...even if there is no truth to it.   Face it, this would be every HAB's fan's wet dream.  Imagine if your team fired Julien and he went on to take your biggest rival to the promissed land? 
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Spot on, dbg. 

Montreal media loves to stir shi* regarding the Bruins. They'll only mention the B's when there's a losing streak, a suspension, a hit that, in their fan base's opinion, should have been a suspension (AKA Lucic vs Miller) or when there's made up rumors regarding former Mtl property. Other than that, nada. For the B's game highlights, you gotta wait until after the commercial break 15 minutes into the sports news.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure how much stock I would put into this. Isn't there enough to talk about up there?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Yes, kel.  Especially since the rumour mill is apparently located here in Toronto.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sportnet is a debit in teh credibility department if you ask me.  I like John Shannon generally, but he's ramped up his volume to play TV analyst.  He was better when he was a producer who did radio from time to time.  Kypreos is a joke.  Most of their guys are jokes.  There's a reason Dreger left for TSN and it isn't just money.

I think it's very very simple.  Julien was on some shaky ground after The Collapse.  After the early hot streak last year, when things cooled off and Julien, as is his way, stayed with it and stuck to basics, Neely made his comment.  But remember also that many people noticed a change in Julien over the course of last year.  He started to shorten the bench.  He started to bench veterans.  He occasionally loaded up lines when they needed a goal.  In short, he made some changes to the way he coached.  So - Louis Jean is just working his jaw in a new way rather than tricking out back of the Peel Pub.