Apparently Rask is "frustrated" at lack of playing time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Apparently Rask is "frustrated" at lack of playing time...

Back-ups know what they have to do if they want more time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

That article is absolute crap for it's title and the insinuations it has. The title could easily have been, "Rask working hard, looking to improve" or "Rask patiently waiting for opportunity," or "Rask showing maturity, willing to earn spot back." The only thing you can conclude from Rask's comments is, as he said in his words, he is "not satisfied." Big shocker there and he better damn well not be satisfied either. The only time "frustration" is used is Rask speculating on IF the goalie coach was on the ice every day criticizing him -- which he is not and Rask concludes as such in the prior sentence!

Here is everything Tuukka says in that article, everything else is pure speculation and insinuation by the writer. You decide whether the title of it should be "Rask frustrated with backup role".

1) ""It was just one win, you know? Nothing more than that. Obviously, not letting up more than one goal is good for your confidence. I'm just trying to get in that groove and feeling good about yourself. It's just one game, one win, but I have to look at the future now."

2) "It's different, and I think everybody has to go through it at some point," Rask said. "In my short career, I haven't sat on the bench that much. This is definitely the most I've ever sat. You have to look for good things, but you can't get satisfied sitting on the bench. You have to work hard and try to find your game and get those wins the team needs."

3) "It [working with Essensa] helps a lot. We talk about things with Timmy a lot, and that's another thing. It's always good to have that extra pair of eyes upstairs looking at your game and looking at you in practice, seeing what you do wrong. It's good that [Essensa] comes here every now and then. Him being here every day would maybe be frustrating at times, but it's good to have a guy like him around."

4) "I think at this level, it's more mental preparation and talking about things," Rask said of the help he gets from Essensa. "Every goalie in this league is pretty good technically and there's nothing major you have to work at on that side, but you have to stay sharp mentally and figure things out mentally. That's the bigger thing I think."

5) "It's funny how it goes confidence-wise," Rask said. "When you're playing a lot, you're in that groove and you're feeling good about yourself. Then you don't play that much and you shouldn't be feeling bad, but there's nothing you can do about it because you haven't played. You try to find that groove and get on it. That's the challenge, and, hopefully, I can find it."

6) "I was still up 4-3 when I got pulled," Rask said of the game against the Sabres, which the Bruins eventually lost 7-6 in a shootout. "It wasn't that tough for me to prepare mentally and try to have that bounce-back feeling, but still, you get pulled and you don't want to get pulled twice in a row. You try to earn the trust and earn the win. That's the only thing I was thinking."

Note: This comment is not directed at OP in any way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Apparently Rask is "frustrated" at lack of playing time...:
    [QUOTE]That article is absolute crap for it's title and the insinuations it has. The title could easily have been, "Rask working hard, looking to improve" or "Rask patiently waiting for opportunity," or "Rask showing maturity, willing to earn spot back." The only thing you can conclude from Rask's comments is, as he said in his words, he is "not satisfied." Big shocker there and he better damn well not be satisfied either. The only time "frustration" is used is Rask speculating on IF the goalie coach was on the ice every day criticizing him -- which he is not and Rask concludes as such in the prior sentence! Here is everything Tuukka says in that article, everything else is pure speculation and insinuation by the writer. You decide whether the title of it should be "Rask frustrated with backup role". 1) ""It was just one win, you know? Nothing more than that. Obviously, not letting up more than one goal is good for your confidence. I'm just trying to get in that groove and feeling good about yourself. It's just one game, one win, but I have to look at the future now." 2) "It's different, and I think everybody has to go through it at some point," Rask said. "In my short career, I haven't sat on the bench that much. This is definitely the most I've ever sat. You have to look for good things, but you can't get satisfied sitting on the bench. You have to work hard and try to find your game and get those wins the team needs." 3) "It [working with Essensa] helps a lot. We talk about things with Timmy a lot, and that's another thing. It's always good to have that extra pair of eyes upstairs looking at your game and looking at you in practice, seeing what you do wrong. It's good that [Essensa] comes here every now and then. Him being here every day would maybe be frustrating at times, but it's good to have a guy like him around." 4) "I think at this level, it's more mental preparation and talking about things," Rask said of the help he gets from Essensa. "Every goalie in this league is pretty good technically and there's nothing major you have to work at on that side, but you have to stay sharp mentally and figure things out mentally. That's the bigger thing I think." 5) "It's funny how it goes confidence-wise," Rask said. "When you're playing a lot, you're in that groove and you're feeling good about yourself. Then you don't play that much and you shouldn't be feeling bad, but there's nothing you can do about it because you haven't played. You try to find that groove and get on it. That's the challenge, and, hopefully, I can find it." 6) "I was still up 4-3 when I got pulled," Rask said of the game against the Sabres, which the Bruins eventually lost 7-6 in a shootout. "It wasn't that tough for me to prepare mentally and try to have that bounce-back feeling, but still, you get pulled and you don't want to get pulled twice in a row. You try to earn the trust and earn the win. That's the only thing I was thinking." Note: This comment is not directed at OP in any way.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]When your at the grocery store...and your at the checkout..and you happen to notice the national inquirer and star magazines by the till....fox sports has about the same cred. Anyone remember when the fox networks were covering the NHL, and decided to add that idiotic blue streak. because fans in the US were having trouble following the puck. yep what a great idea that was.....didn't see them messing around with baseball or football though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Today's globe, citing the same conversation, comes up with "No. 2 Will Work Harder".

Wherever he has been, Tuukka Rask has been the go-to goalie. He was the man in Finland. It was that way during his first two professional years, when he was the No. 1 goalie in Providence. Last year, with Tim Thomas fighting a bum hip, Rask seized the starting job in Boston and held it through the playoffs.

Now, as Thomas holds the honor of being the NHL’s best goalie, Rask has been shunted to backup.

“You shouldn’t be feeling bad, but there’s nothing you can do about it because you haven’t played, right?’’ said Rask. “You try to find that groove, then get on it, but it’s a challenge. Hopefully I can find it.’’

Rask, pulled after 20 minutes and three goals against Buffalo, bounced back against Toronto, stopping all but one shot. Rask could be in line for another start tonight against Minnesota at TD Garden, leaving road games in Montreal (Saturday) and Pittsburgh (Monday) for Thomas.

“We’ve got a lot of games coming and we need both our goaltenders to be their best,’’ Julien said. “We need to rely on both of them.’’

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

well boohoo for rask but the fact is timmy thomas is better and always has been

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Apparently Rask is "frustrated" at lack of playing time...:
    [QUOTE]well boohoo for rask but the fact is timmy thomas is better and always has been
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]
     You love TT so much that you have to trash Rask?Foolishness.Boston has 2 great goalies.Why cry about it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Agreed, Dez. Plus, Rask isn't crying, he's battling back, just like Timmy did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Absolutely, DCBF - I did the exact same thing! I read through all of Rask's actual quotes and I got the same exact feeling. All he keeps saying is he knows what he has to do, he's going to keep working, and will be ready when he does get the start. He mentions never sitting on the bench that much and that no one wants to but that doesn't mean it's frustrating. He just wants to play, just like anyone who isn't playing does - whether it's being sat or whether it's due to injury.

Article is a load of crap.