Are the Bruins a dirty team??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Are the Bruins a dirty team??

Just by reading the Tsn forums on the game last night the Bruins are being labeled a dirty team!

Here are some of the posts!

-"This is why a lot of people hate the Bruins, they can dish it but they can't take it"

-"The league has protected Boston for too long. You just knew something had to give"

-"Should be a massive suspension for that one. Just beyond dirty from a member of the dirtiest team in hockey. Shameful"...

Just some of the many posts.  I think the bruins just play a hard nose hockey and a lot of teams try to copy their style of play. And people forget they are one of the least penalized team in the NHL. To me I think people are just jealous of the Bruins success.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Are the Bruins a dirty team??

They have had their moments.  Lucic has crossed the line a few times.  Marchand used to cross it weekly.  Chara can hurt people with the best of 'em in front of the net.

And they can fight to back it up. 

When I think of dirty teams, I think of Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Vancouver.  They really aren't dirty teams.  A few questionable plays over the years makes it seem that way, however.  It's not as if their culture dictates that they play across the line often.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have had their moments.  Lucic has crossed the line a few times.  Marchand used to cross it weekly.  Chara can hurt people with the best of 'em in front of the net.

And they can fight to back it up. 

When I think of dirty teams, I think of Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Vancouver.  They really aren't dirty teams.  A few questionable plays over the years makes it seem that way, however.  It's not as if their culture dictates that they play across the line often.

[/QUOTE]

I would call the Flyers a team that systematically pushes players to play dirty

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

Just by reading the Tsn forums on the game last night the Bruins are being labeled a dirty team!

-"This is why a lot of people hate the Bruins, they can dish it but they can't take it"

-"The league has protected Boston for too long. You just knew something had to give"

-"Should be a massive suspension for that one. Just beyond dirty from a member of the dirtiest team in hockey. Shameful"...

Just some of the many posts.  I think the bruins just play a hard nose hockey and a lot of teams try to copy their style of play. And people forget they are one of the least penalized team in the NHL. To me I think people are just jealous of the Bruins success.

Good point, ramz.  Their aggressive style and success caused division mates like the Habs, Sabres and Leafs to respond by adding players who provide a more physical presence to their lineups over the last couple of years.  I'm thinking Ott and Scott with Buffalo, Prust and Parros for the Habs.  I remember a statement Nonis made at the press conference announcing his promotion to GM after Burke's firing.  

To paraphrase he referenced the Bruins as the type of team he wanted the Leafs to emulate.  Carlyle had that kind of aggressive team in Anaheim.  Now they have it with McLaren, Fraser and Orr.  I have no idea how much truth there is to this but I read the Canucks added Kassian after they lost in the finals in case they met the Bruins again for the Cup.

I don't see last night defining them as dirty.  I see dirty as being repeatedly underhanded acts over a prolonged period of time; the way, say, Chris Pronger was often viewed as dirty over the length of his career.  Or Bryan Marchment's rep as a knee-capper.  Or Kasparaitis for the same tag.  No way are the Bruins lambs but if anything I see them respond to foul stuff rather than initiating it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well...they're built to be a bully.  That whole "hard to play against" thing is a lot like what they used to call the Raider effect.  Teams had a significantly worse record the week after they played the Raiders than they did overall because it was so much harder to recover.  Teams like that just physically punish the opponent, not just by hitting them, but by making it hurt when they get hit, too.  Ask Emelin if it was a good idea to run Lucic.

You play that way, and you are going to have a greater risk of things going haywire.  A lot of the incidents the Bruins have been involved with that have these Scab and Lerf and Canuck fans in twist are not the kind of play I think of as dirty.  Rarely are Bruins called out for hits to the hit.  Rarely for hits from behind.  Almost never for stick fouls.  And the only guy on the team with a rep for "agitating" - which to me means making a series of small, dirty moves in an attempt to get under the opponent's skin - is Marchand and he's far less involved in that this year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

That TSN board is nothing but crap,when the reffs don't do there jobs you take it into your own hands,just like the old west,string them from a tree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The argument about dishing it out but not taking it, doesn't hold any water for me.

The may dish it, but they have received more than their share, and they still win, so that would be 'taking it' I think.  

Savard's career was ruined by a filthy hit.  They lost their top line winger Horton in the Stanley Cup on a very dirty hit.  Bergeron lost a season to a dirty hit.  John Scott hammered Eriksson illegaly.  At this moment, the Bruins have three injured players resulting from illegal hits, in the last two games.

They give, they take.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The argument about dishing it out but not taking it, doesn't hold any water for me.

The may dish it, but they have received more than their share, and they still win, so that would be 'taking it' I think.  

Savard's career was ruined by a filthy hit.  They lost their top line winger Horton in the Stanley Cup on a very dirty hit.  Bergeron lost a season to a dirty hit.  John Scott hammered Eriksson illegaly.  At this moment, the Bruins have three injured players resulting from illegal hits, in the last two games.

They give, they take.

[/QUOTE]

Well said Fletch. And the media loves the Pens... they defended Cooke, and they're defending Neil.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Bs are fine. I want players like Lucic who play's with a nasty edge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not at all, it's just the ranting of some immature/stupid individuals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Perhaps we should remember that the vast majority of posters on TSN are Hab/Leaf fans.....why exactly would they be sympathetic to their division rival?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

To quote a friend, (who quoted someone else)

The Tiger does not care what the lamb thinks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If you dont retaliate in some manner then you are perceived as soft, and it will keep happening. Orpik didn't fight originally, this is what followed.  Sort of a blame the victim deal, but he is not without sin.  Paciorety should have been taken tcare of and was not, you see the result'. He didnot have to be mutilated, just made aware that his ice was very thin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I wouldn't call the Bruins a "dirty team"; they play a very physical style of hockey, which some people (i.e. Habs and Canucks fans) don't like, and incidents like Chara/Pacioretty, Lucic/Miller or, way back, McSorley/Brashear are used as "evidence" in their "Boston = dirty team" theory, while these self-proclaimed hockey experts conveniently forget about incidents like Bertuzzi/Moore or Matt Cooke's  or Raffi Torres' "greatest hits", etc.

This is basically the same stuff you get from European hockey fans who will ignore any stick foul committed by Russian, Czech or Scandinavian teams but call North American teams "dirty" because of their tendency to, again, play a very physical style of hockey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think theres dirty teams. Theres teams that have dirty players, some more than others.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just took this from you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps we should remember that the vast majority of posters on TSN are Hab/Leaf fans.....why exactly would they be sympathetic to their division rival?

[/QUOTE]

No reason at all, jm.  They must realize their teams have recently bulked up their rosters because of the presence of the Bruins in their division.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ramz's comment:

Good point, ramz.  Their aggressive style and success caused division mates like the Habs, Sabres and Leafs to respond by adding players who provide a more physical presence to their lineups over the last couple of years.  I'm thinking Ott and Scott with Buffalo, Prust and Parros for the Habs.  I remember a statement Nonis made at the press conference announcing his promotion to GM after Burke's firing.  

To paraphrase he referenced the Bruins as the type of team he wanted the Leafs to emulate.  Carlyle had that kind of aggressive team in Anaheim.  Now they have it with McLaren, Fraser and Orr.  I have no idea how much truth there is to this but I read the Canucks added Kassian after they lost in the finals in case they met the Bruins again for the Cup.

I don't see last night defining them as dirty.  I see dirty as being repeatedly underhanded acts over a prolonged period of time; the way, say, Chris Pronger was often viewed as dirty over the length of his career.  Or Bryan Marchment's rep as a knee-capper.  Or Kasparaitis for the same tag.  No way are the Bruins lambs but if anything I see them respond to foul stuff rather than initiating it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Carlyle and the leafs were tired of being pushed around same with the Habs both added muscle and grit to face the bruins!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No reason at all, jm.  They must realize their teams have recently bulked up their rosters because of the presence of the Bruins in their division.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and the "Patches" hit and Kadri hit were as unintentional as ST deserves to be kicked out of the league in their eyes. Its called rose coloured glassses and every fan of a team suffers from this affliction from time to time. Add a bunch of them together with access to social media and certain narratives, such as the B's being the dirtiest team in the NHL, are constructed and thrive. It is what it is...... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I would guess that 80 percent of posters on the tsn forum are leaf/habs fans along with some canucks. Its obvious your gonna see alot of negative posts about the bruins, I read quite a few and there were a few good posts from non bruins fan also, i take that into consideration as coming from a hockey fan and not a bias habs or leaf fan. Every team is a dirty team and thats the part you never get to see a ref make a call on, for example seids good hit on letang and then the puch back from letang, letang wouldnt do that to chara or a Mcquaid, but the refs need to pick up o that part of the game. The knee on marchand was intent and you can bet Neals thought was, sweet im gonna give him some payback,he got caught and should be suspended. Thorntons punch to orpik,same thing, no different than neals knee or for that matter, orpiks hit on loui, you wanna see more exciting hockey, make all the calls, alot of 4 on 4 and 5 on 3s, 50 percent or more OT will be eliminated. Back to the topic, its all dirty

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can add Nuck fans to that as well. Anytime a Bruin player is involved in any type of incident on the ice and is the perpetrator or victim the TSN boards are filled with haters from these three teams. It doesn't matter if the B's player was badly hurt or just a check gone wrong it is ALWAYS the Bruins fault and they will get off easy because a.) Jacobs is the owner or b.) G.Campbell plays for the B's. It is routine after any B's game and any hard hit is viewed dirty by these pathetic fans. I find it very hard to read the comment section on any Bruins write up as it is filled with these so called fans. The Bruins are a rough & tough team and has been their "mold" since i have watched them, the game is rough and tough and alot of teams have players that fit this mold.I hope the B's never change their style of play.

I for one will not condone what Thornton did but in the end he was defending some cheapshots that the Pitt players were taking with his teammates in their home rink. The result was bad but his intentions were the right one. Neal ,Dupuis,Orpik are not angels as the evidence will bear and Orpiks concussion was so "bad" that he flew home with the team. Shawn will get his suspension and the B's will ride this out as they are a "deep" team thanks to the Seguin trade. As for the fans that hate the Bruins for what they percieve as dirty? So be it, i wouldn't have it any other way, you won't change these type of fans minds anyway. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You can add Nuck fans to that as well. Anytime a Bruin player is involved in any type of incident on the ice and is the perpetrator or victim the TSN boards are filled with haters from these three teams. It doesn't matter if the B's player was badly hurt or just a check gone wrong it is ALWAYS the Bruins fault and they will get off easy because a.) Jacobs is the owner or b.) G.Campbell plays for the B's. It is routine after any B's game and any hard hit is viewed dirty by these pathetic fans. I find it very hard to read the comment section on any Bruins write up as it is filled with these so called fans. The Bruins are a rough & tough team and has been their "mold" since i have watched them, the game is rough and tough and alot of teams have players that fit this mold.I hope the B's never change their style of play.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Van fans are the worst.....complete trolls. We will be hearing about the alleged 2011 atrocities for at least a generation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Pens tired of losing to the BRUINS, dirty hit on Erickson, dirty hit on Marchand and Kelly broken ankle, Boychuk...and on and on and WE ARE THE DIRTY TEAM ???

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH