are the prospects learning to win?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from z-man1. Show z-man1's posts

are the prospects learning to win?

The Bruins had a chance to let Seguin play at the world jrs..for two weeks he'd be a stud, a leader, and proving himself against the best players of his age in the world...instead of 3 1/2 minutes a period. And if you look at the rosters of the best teams at the world jrs where are the young B's picks? While the P-bruins are stumbling towards .500, and I'm wondering where the winning culture of the team is supposed to come from? Winning is habit forming, once you get the habit you know how to get it from yourself and demand it from those around you...and ok isn't good enough...Every year since 1970 has proved that, don't you think!?!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: are the prospects learning to win?

Self-actualization is a concept of realizing your potential.  Self-sacrifice is a concept of giving of oneself to hlep the team.  Each young player is different.  My guess Seguin has enough self-actualization to handle self-sacrifice.  To be wrong will be a shame.  Seguin will be fine if he plays and learns how to influence the others on the team with his skills.  It takes time.  Yes he would have learned a lot from the World Juniors.  I am sure he rather be in the NHL though.  

Coach Scott Gordon had successful years of play in Providence.  Some of the Bs players Krejci for instance were influenced by his tenure.  Those winning years though really did not produce a plethora of NHL players.  I am not sure Providence has to win consistently in order to produce players in the NHL.  

Young players are still growing at 18 through 21 physically.  Some of these players have the aptitude to play but the body needs to mature.  For example, Colbourne has grown into his current size, he had less games in the college schedule prior to Providence, he has the smarts, and he will develop into a good player with time.  Caron has the size yet needs to develop a consistency in his game.  By comparison, Marchand who is playing well for his fourth line assignment took years of development.  He was not one of my favs but he has done fine this year.  He needs to move up to the third line if he continues to find his role on the team. My point, he has changed a lot.  A small guy who has learned how to play in the NHL.  

Boston is 17th with the youngest teams in the NHL.  The team is doing fine making a transition to a better team and maintaining position to win the Cup.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

they won't by playing in this organization

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Hey everyone, its the soccer troll!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Canada doesn't need Tyler they are loaded they needed Segs last year when they lost by a goal huge mistake on Canada's part.

Once Tyler figures out where he should be for Savard to feed him is when he will learn how to win. Seguin's and the Bruins wins will go up when this is accomplished because the Bruins will be scoring. Battle more to get in those open spots Mr. Seguin it's a win, win.

And for pete's sake put Seguin on the #1 PP unit!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin will learn, but, he needs coaching. Putting him on a line with savvy is good, but they both need more than Ryder on the same line. Look how well Kamfer plays with Seidenberg, and how his game was spotty trying to watch Chara. It takes smarts and chemistry. look how well Caron played with Bergeron, and how his confidence suffered when moved around. And look how it took so many games, until last nite, for Wheeler to have chemistry with Bergeron. IMO Claude's defensive system has helped as this team evolved, BUT, Claude has no clue as to how to build chemistry with his players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pictureguy. Show Pictureguy's posts

I'm more concerned about the young players (not just Seguin), learning this current culture of not playing a full 60 minutes.

If you think back- (except for that strong season two years ago) for the last few years it has been a problem that the B's don't put in a full nights work.  Did the current players learn this from the previous generation a couple of years back?  Are they now passing this trait along to the new young players?

This is a dominating team if they play a full 60 minutes, and that fixing this problem will create that winning culture that the B's are looking for. 

One has to take into account that there are two teams on the ice, and when the B's are dominating, the other team might be playing off their game, and when the B's are looking bad the other team could be more on their game.  And I know it is a long season with ups and downs for the players, but this lack of consistent 60 minute effort something I've noticed for a while now, and I'm concerned that it gets passed on to the next generation.