Backs Against The Wall..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Backs Against The Wall..

These are the defending champion Boston Bruins.  No excuses, no whining to the refs, no lobbying the league.  Last year they absorbed bad beats in two game sixes and one game five and came back like lions.  Play like champions.

I f---ing hate these afternoon games.  I will again be in transit and so unable to see or even hear the game until the third.  Fuuuuuuuuu

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

B's are in the same boat as the Rangers.  Win your division, down 3-2 and going on the road for game 6.  Ranger's have this years Vezina winner and MVP candidate, tops in the Eastern Conference in points and facing elimination on the road.  Red Wings were the first team eliminated and the President's Trophy winning Canucks could be done tonight.  Playoff hockey, the regular season means nothing.  The B's lost game 5 by one goal but hit both the post and crossbar in the 1st period.  The bounces are just not going there way and when the B's make mistakes the Cap's have pounced on them.  I still believe the B's win today and force game 7.  The B's are the deeper, more talented team.  Not sure what CJ will do with the lines especially if Bergy's out.  Put Caron in and move Seguin to center on the 3rd line?  I guess Mattau will get a playoff sniff if Corvo can't go.

B's in 7! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The clock has run out, fellas.

This is not the same plucky team as last year. Bergeron is not right after that dirty elbow; he'd never admit it but Krejci probably is still feeling the effects of that plate glass slamming into his neck at the end of Game 1; Lucic is simply under-performing and seems to miss riding with Horton; Timmy is great at times, lets in softies at others (whereas last year he was simply great), AND seems to actually fear Semin every time he shoots the puck at him; Corvo/Zanon is a weak link every time they're on the ice; Seguin for whatever reason is snakebit; the rest of the cast is playing admirably but won't get the big goals when really needed.

It's over today. Caps win 4-2 including an empty-netter and we can all start the great "Let TT go or keep him" debate until next year.

I'm bummed about it but not so ungrateful for the amazingness of 2011 that I'm actually goingt to sulk about not repeating, which is all but close to impossible in today's NHL.

I will henceforth hopr for elimination of the following teams: 1)NYR, Phil., Pitt., (tough series to watch when you despise both teams), Caps, and Canucks, and then whoever is left that wins is OK with me. Folks in St. Louis have been waiting an awful long time for just one Cup. Why not them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Backs Against The Wall..:
    [QUOTE]The clock has run out, fellas. This is not the same plucky team as last year. Bergeron is not right after that dirty elbow; he'd never admit it but Krejci probably is still feeling the effects of that plate glass slamming into his neck at the end of Game 1; Lucic is simply under-performing and seems to miss riding with Horton; Timmy is great at times, lets in softies at others (whereas last year he was simply great), AND seems to actually fear Semin every time he shoots the puck at him; Corvo/Zanon is a weak link every time they're on the ice; Seguin for whatever reason is snakebit; the rest of the cast is playing admirably but won't get the big goals when really needed. It's over today. Caps win 4-2 including an empty-netter and we can all start the great "Let TT go or keep him" debate until next year. I'm bummed about it but not so ungrateful for the amazingness of 2011 that I'm actually goingt to sulk about not repeating, which is all but close to impossible in today's NHL. I will henceforth hopr for elimination of the following teams: 1)NYR, Phil., Pitt., (tough series to watch when you despise both teams), Caps, and Canucks, and then whoever is left that wins is OK with me. Folks in St. Louis have been waiting an awful long time for just one Cup. Why not them?
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

It ain't ain't over yet.  Eight hours from now it may be.  But it isn't yet.  And until then, I am not giving up hope.

You make some valid points (i.e. Krejci) but I still feel this team has heart.  The Bergeron injury is DEFINITELY concerning.  But you mentioned Thomas being great at times and then would give up a softy.  Well....he was like that last year in the early rounds of the playoffs too.

If they can pull today out then the Capitals will be forced to win 3 games in Boston to win the series.  Can they do it?  Maybe.  But I still would like the Bruins' chances in Game 7 at home. 

And as we know from last year and the continuing trend this year around the league.  The first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs is VERY hard to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]The clock has run out, fellas. This is not the same plucky team as last year. Bergeron is not right after that dirty elbow; he'd never admit it but Krejci probably is still feeling the effects of that plate glass slamming into his neck at the end of Game 1; Lucic is simply under-performing and seems to miss riding with Horton; Timmy is great at times, lets in softies at others (whereas last year he was simply great), AND seems to actually fear Semin every time he shoots the puck at him; Corvo/Zanon is a weak link every time they're on the ice; Seguin for whatever reason is snakebit; the rest of the cast is playing admirably but won't get the big goals when really needed. It's over today. Caps win 4-2 including an empty-netter and we can all start the great "Let TT go or keep him" debate until next year. I'm bummed about it but not so ungrateful for the amazingness of 2011 that I'm actually goingt to sulk about not repeating, which is all but close to impossible in today's NHL. I will henceforth hopr for elimination of the following teams: 1)NYR, Phil., Pitt., (tough series to watch when you despise both teams), Caps, and Canucks, and then whoever is left that wins is OK with me. Folks in St. Louis have been waiting an awful long time for just one Cup. Why not them?

TTBI, let's not throw in the the towel just yet....  at least not for this series....

as for who wins the cup, anybody but the Penguins is fine by me....  Blues or Kings, two from original expansion who haven't done it yet, would be nice....

as for the TT debate, it's started already....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

TTBI - Put away that white flag!  When did the Caps win the fourth game?  They haven't.  If this afternoon goes the way we want they won't.  Until a fourth game is won by either of these teams, preferably Boston, the series is not done. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

RHO - it sounds the pre-Championship Bruins TTBI has returned!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Backs Against The Wall.. : TTBI - Put away that white flag!  When did the Caps win the fourth game?  They haven't.  If this afternoon goes the way we want they won't.  Until a fourth game is won by either of these teams, preferably Boston, the series is not done. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    They need to come out and get some goals early,they have only led for a minute in the series

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]RHO - it sounds the pre-Championship Bruins TTBI has returned!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

jalvis - He's basing his prediction on what he's seen so far as is his choice.  I thought the Bruins played yesterday the way they were supposed to play all along.  Taking the body although they seemed to ease off in that department as the game progressed. 

They were in Holtby's crease close enough to jostle with him and joust with Washington D guys more often yesterday than I remember them doing in the other games.  On the Boston defensive end I can't complain.  1-0, some 2-1 games show it's been tight.  TTBI will be fine especially after the Bruins win today. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Backs Against The Wall.. : They need to come out and get some goals early,they have only led for a minute in the series
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]

kitchener - It's not like the Bruins are being outplayed by a mile or something.  They're not.  But they need some front line scoring and to your point get ahead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]RHO - it sounds the pre-Championship Bruins TTBI has returned!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
     I remember that guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Win or lose this team needs help next year.  A first line forward and an experienced back up goalie to Rask.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Pc needs to do whatever he can to get a guy like nash. Not sure if there is much availible through free agency so making a huge trade to shake this team is a must. And how about a power play coach

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Win or lose this team needs help next year.  A first line forward and an experienced back up goalie to Rask.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Backs Against The Wall.. : jalvis - He's basing his prediction on what he's seen so far as is his choice.  I thought the Bruins played yesterday the way they were supposed to play all along.  Taking the body although they seemed to ease off in that department as the game progressed.  They were in Holtby's crease close enough to jostle with him and joust with Washington D guys more often yesterday than I remember them doing in the other games.  On the Boston defensive end I can't complain.  1-0, some 2-1 games show it's been tight.  TTBI will be fine especially after the Bruins win today. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Indeed, brother. IF they win today I expect a game 7 Bruins victory as well (first round does seem the hardest to win sometimes; last year's Habs series a perfect example),...but just so you know, i'm not basing my pessimism on being down on this team, as I did last year when I was so infuriated that they lost the first 2 to Mtl. and was SURE they would lose b/c they were a bunch of gutless etceteras...I'm basing it on what i said in the previous post--and I do think those are valid points--AND the fact that to win in the playoffs you do need to have those luck-o-the-bounces go your way, and evidenced on the posts/X-bars they hit in period 1 yesterday, I'm seeing one of those "Lady Luck being fickle" scenarios this year coupled with some guys being not quite right.

I was bummed when they drew Wash. rather than Ottawa in round 1 b/c I just think they match up better w/Ottawa and I feared Caps in 6. I still do.

But if the B's pull it out today I'm very willing to go the optimist route and say "yeah, Game 7 in Boston goes to the BEAR."

Go Bruins!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Backs Against The Wall.. : Indeed, brother. IF they win today I expect a game 7 Bruins victory as well (first round does seem the hardest to win sometimes; last year's Habs series a perfect example),...but just so you know, i'm not basing my pessimism on being down on this team, as I did last year when I was so infuriated that they lost the first 2 to Mtl. and was SURE they would lose b/c they were a bunch of gutless etceteras...I'm basing it on what i said in the previous post--and I do think those are valid points--AND the fact that to win in the playoffs you do need to have those luck-o-the-bounces go your way, and evidenced on the posts/X-bars they hit in period 1 yesterday, I'm seeing one of those "Lady Luck being fickle" scenarios this year coupled with some guys being not quite right. I was bummed when they drew Wash. rather than Ottawa in round 1 b/c I just think they match up better w/Ottawa and I feared Caps in 6. I still do. But if the B's pull it out today I'm very willing to go the optimist route and say "yeah, Game 7 in Boston goes to the BEAR." Go Bruins!!
    That's OK, the NYR wish they  were playing the Caps.