backyard rink time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

backyard rink time?

The badhab has taken all the suggestions and is raring to go with the bakyard rink (ground further levelled, lights ready to go).

Except the weather isn't cooperating.  I could set it up now and let it collect rain water (I can send the downspouts from my roofinto the rink), but I'm concerned that the critters will use it as a swimming pool and punch holes in the liner with their claws or hoofs or whatever.  And it might collect loads of leaves and pine needles.

I look for 3 consequtive days with below freezing temperatures before I set up.  Every long range weather forecast for MA doesn't show that coming.  I wonder if it ever will.

So where are you?  And do you have ice?  And if you do, is it coming my way?

And for the right money, the winter classic might be in my back yard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: backyard rink time?

And for the right money, the winter classic might be in my back yard.

Badhab, two years ago mild start to winter then snow.  Last year, wild start (Halloween) then mild winter.  Good luck with the ice, I am sure the Canadian posters have had the same problem with the weather.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just wondering if BH's rink compares anything with Kris Draper's when done.

Past photo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Foo on Draper, anybody can build a rink like that with money and resources.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How are people posting in images?  Is it browser specific?  I'm using chrome.