Bartkowski 24:51 TOI Hamilton 21:08 TOI Tonigh!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bartkowski 24:51 TOI Hamilton 21:08 TOI Tonigh!

I know Julien's knees were shaking with those two out there but those two youngins did it.

Great job in the biggest game of their hockey lives!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Bartkowski 24:51 TOI Hamilton 21:08 TOI Tonigh!

Amazing.  Where's Wensink?  Is Bartkowski still worthless??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thrown to the Wolves and they responded. And they'll be that much better going forward because of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I know Julien's knees were shaking with those two out there but those two youngins did it.

Great job in the biggest game of their hockey lives!

They were awesome.  Defense is the hardest position.  Very happy for those two.  Mobile, size and part of this comeback.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Thrown to the Wolves and they responded. And they'll be that much better going forward because of it.

Bingo.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Had they played more during the stretch run and early in the series, this round would have ended in 5 instead of 7.

I can't understand why Hamilton's stock went down so much in Julien's eyes. What is the kid supposed to do?

The Leaf youngsters were all allowed to play and they performed. Our's are no different if they get the same chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

dougie even killed a penalty with MB. But Leafs scored, did they not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Had they played more during the stretch run and early in the series, this round would have ended in 5 instead of 7.

I can't understand why Hamilton's stock went down so much in Julien's eyes. What is the kid supposed to do?

The Leaf youngsters were all allowed to play and they performed. Our's are no different if they get the same chance.

And that has been my biggest critique but tonight is not the night for that Wheat. The kids did come through and that's what counts right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

you could see as the game went on Bartkowski's confidence grew . that said,if Ference and especially Seidenberg are out for the next round the B's are going to need them even more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Kids really stepped up tonite.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'll eat that one.

Happily.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Great experience to build from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

so JWensink, still say that Bartkowski and Koko wasn't an offer that couldn't be refused for Iginla?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They were huge, especially Bartkowski.  Hamilton isn't there yet, but he didn't gator arm anything.  He played his game and just didn't quite have the same impact as he will in time - but that's not a knock on him.  21 minutes of even hockey in a game 7 comeback for the ages?  Kudos, kid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thank you Feaster !!!

Bartkowski and Hamilton will make their mistakes.  I really liked the way they stepped up physically , even Hamilton with that lanky frame hit some guys pretty good.   Nice experience for the kids.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well?  

I'm looking for someone to admit that Bartko & Koko was an offer that couldn't be refused, less Iginla himself nixed the deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

I can't understand why you couldn't read one of the 800 posts about this. It's literally just a lefty righty thing. They hate d men playing the off side and they wanted 33-44 together. redden lefty, hamilton righty. simple as that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'll eat that one.

Happily.

and this is the difference here. all the annoying posters. they say something, they're wrong, and they either disappear for a bit or just ignore it. kudos. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

That is the first game I have watched Bartkowski play that I liked his game.  Maybe knowing he was going to get good ice time made a difference as he stepped up and played very well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

They both played well in a BIG game. Depending on the injury front, CJ is gonna have to rely on them, and that's ok by me. Plus, neither has played much down the stretch, so they should have fresh legs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

So does Bartkowski play against NYR if everyone is healthy?  What do our pairs look like?

Chara Seidenberg

Boychuck Redden

Ferrence Bartkowski

??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

But then where do you fit in McQuaid?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Well?  

I'm looking for someone to admit that Bartko & Koko was an offer that couldn't be refused, less Iginla himself nixed the deal.

Hab - I'll happily admit that Bartkowski has played better than he previously showed. Not sure how anybody saw that one coming because he never played with that type of skill before. But, it sure looks like I underestimated him - so yep happy to be wrong. Good for him, he deserves credit.

I'll also say that apparently it was an offer that could be refused, cause they did.

Since we're all putting on our honest caps - I'd say Seguin has taken a big step back, and Kessel stepped up pretty big for his team...whatya think? Honestly

oh yeh, anybody want to see Redden play over either one of those kids ? Not Me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Well?  

Hab - I'll happily admit that Bartkowski has played better than he previously showed. Not sure how anybody saw that one coming because he never played with that type of skill before. But, it sure looks like I underestimated him - so yep happy to be wrong. Good for him, he deserves credit.

I'll also say that apparently it was an offer that could be refused, cause they did.

Since we're all putting on our honest caps - I'd say Seguin has taken a big step back, and Kessel stepped up pretty big for his team...whatya think? Honestly

No they didn't refuse, regardless of how often you repeat that misinformation. Feaster accepted the offer. Iginla refused to go. Those are true statements whereas you just lied.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think Seguin took a step back.  One thing I've never seen from him?  Tying up three guys in front of the net and keeping a scramble going so someone else could score.  Good timing, kid!  Bit like last year vs. the Capitals, I thought he started to really get his nose dirty in games 6 and 7.  He was credited with 14 hits in the series, and I swear most of them were in the second half of the series (a quick check of game sheets says no to this idea - but it seemed that way).  Tied for second most takeaways on the team.  At least three noticeable hustle plays on the backcheck to take away scoring chances.  At least a few occasions where he took a hit to make a play.  The only thing he didn't seem to have was his offensive game going.  But I could give a rat's...because they won, the counter is reset to 12, and away we go!