Bears rumour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bears rumour

A persistent rumour on the Winnipeg boards is that a new team,( which could be announced as early as Monday, with some pundits like LeBrun calling a Phoenix relocation to the Peg basically a sure thing now (Yay!)) be called either the Manitoba Bears or Manitoba Polar Bears.

Now I desperately want another team in Winnipeg, but isn't there room enough for only one Bear in this league?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bears rumour

As long as Canada gets another team I dont care if the call them the Yankees or Red Sox. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Bears would be fine. Polar Bears would be super cheese.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bears rumour:
    [QUOTE]As long as Canada gets another team I dont care if the call them the Yankees or Red Sox. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

HUH?

Id give anything to go back to the Quebec, Hartford, Winnipeg, Minnesota days but guess what?! Bettman & Jacobs are thick as thieves so forget about it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]HUH? Id give anything to go back to the Quebec, Hartford, Winnipeg, Minnesota days but guess what?! Bettman & Jacobs are thick as thieves so forget about it
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

40, you're a little out of the loop - look for an announcement on Winnipeg by the end of the week. But Bears will just seem weird - I'm still hoping they'll stick with Jets, especially since the team looks to be Phoenix.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I live 3 and a half hours from Winnipeg ( Dryden Ontario ) and is praying they get their team back , only alternative right now is Minnesota , which is 11 hours......Why not call them the Jets!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Beez,

I live in Nova Scotia and from me to you I hope you get your Jets back! Its been long overdue.  The real white heat is about to return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Beez, I'll see you at the first game ;) I'll come home just for that. Still even if they can't be Jets, I don't like Bears as an alternative.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Hope it's true.  Jets would be best. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I have been told they have been adding luxury box seats to their new arena as we speak . because it is on the small side. But there isn't a bad seat whatsoever in that rink....my first Live game was in the old Winnipeg arena...Jets and Bruins....drove there and back the same night.....and it was awesome!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah I tripped once in the top tier of that old barn - if it wasn't for an usher I would have landed on centre ice. That building was a death trap. In the nosebleeds you actually had to look between your knees to watch the game. The new one is fantastic although on the small side. The acoustics are insane though and I could see it being the loudest rink in the league. Still, the Bruins should be the only Bears.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

well if Pheonix moves hopefully Atlanta and Florida are next..how can one justify having an NHL team in Atlanta? Couldnt sell out world series games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I tripped once in the top tier of that old barn - if it wasn't for an usher I would have landed on centre ice. That building was a death trap. In the nosebleeds you actually had to look between your knees to watch the game. The new one is fantastic although on the small side. The acoustics are insane though and I could see it being the loudest rink in the league. Still, the Bruins should be the only Bears.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Boston has The Bruins.  Bruins are bears. 

Chicago has The Bears.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I feel bad for the people of Winnepeg.  Their city is being used to threaten the powers that be in Glendale to push an arena deal through, just like Hamilton almost two years ago.   The press jumps on for the ride and gets everyone's hopes up.

Maybe they will get the team back.  I hope that they do.  That said, I will be completely awestruck if a definitive plan to move the Coyotes back to Winnepeg is announced by the end of the month.

I hope that the good people of Winnepeg aren't getting their hopes up for nothing like the folks in Hamilton.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I feel bad for the people of Winnepeg.  Their city is being used to threaten the powers that be in Glendale to push an arena deal through, just like Hamilton almost two years ago.   The press jumps on for the ride and gets everyone's hopes up. Maybe they will get the team back.  I hope that they do.  That said, I will be completely awestruck if a definitive plan to move the Coyotes back to Winnepeg is announced by the end of the month. I hope that the good people of Winnepeg aren't getting their hopes up for nothing like the folks in Hamilton.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Not this time Mutant. The math isn't there (they released about an hour ago that the Coyotes lost $40 million this season so far), lawsuits are being filed, and we have Barry Goldwater (or his institute at least) and the Tea Party on our side this time. If they can get that $#% nut Rand Paul elected to the Senate, they can get me the Jets back. We've got it, mark my words. I'll be back to having an Eastern (Wales) Conference team AND a Western (Campbell) Conference team, just like I did as a kid, by Friday.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

red,

i sure hope so.  strip the US of its hockey poopbeds and put them in canada....quebec city and hamilton are next...get rid of atl. and florida...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

not happy about it at all. Don't like seeing americans lose their job right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

There are new stories coming out daily in the Phoenix soap opera but here is a pretty good feature story from Scott Burnside that gives an overview of what is going on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6179973

BTW- i say bring back the JETS name!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

This what to expect during a recessions companies/owners will sell assets/companies, before losing their shirt. We can see this happening with Canadian dollar at par is the time to buy the hockey teams it's called business. I can't see a team going to Hamilton but moving to Quebec and Winnipeg is a more logical move.

For the people who don't know Canadian Football League the richest team is the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Roughrider fans are very loyal to their team but do not have the facility to have a hockey team to move there. If the Saskatchewan had the provincial support to help build a sports facility for hockey, I can see a professional hockey team getting pretty popular in that province. The rival will be very similar to the western teams in the CFL league.
    (Vancouver,Edmonton,Calgary, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan).Me personally would like to see these five NHL teams competing with one another.

Maybe a poster from the Saskatchewan area can elaborate more on this but I read that the government deny to help with finance to rebuild a dome in Saskatchewan for their football team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No not the Bears!  The Badgers, ok.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

i am pretty sure that the phoenix club owns the asset that is the jets name, logo, etc, and given the cache of that asset, it would be odd not to use it if relocation occurred

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I think a return of the Nordiques in Quebec is more likely. Folks there have been very vocal about getting a team back, and the Canadian dollar is a lot stronger than it was in the 80's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I liked the Jets.

This is really really weird, but when the Sharks and Jets play I expect music and dancing.