Beat it, Boozehound

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Beat it, Boozehound

Slowly the truth will emerge.  There isn't anything we care about more than the playoffs, right? 

"According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto."

If there is ever a time to buckle down, it's the playoffs.  If there is ever a time more important than that, it's the playoffs when your stats stink.

They asked him to stop.  Clearly he didn't.  See ya later, kid.  Don't...door...Lord...Split.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Beat it, Boozehound

If he got in front of the net and battled, or went after the puck in the corners, or wasn't scared to death when the puck was on his stick on the PP, or put up some gritty points - nobody would care what he wore or where he was - he's gone cause he's been a pusssy for three years, apparently a partying, immature, pusssy with bad personal hygiene- but a pusssy none the less.

I hope somebody green lights him when the B's play the Stars...unlikely though, because his primary goal on the ice is to avoid that possibility.

Personally, I'm glad he's gone- it made me sick to see what he got away with on the ice

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He went to the SCF 2 of his 3 years in the league and won 8 of 10 playoff rounds.  I'd say his playoff performance was pretty good overall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I hope somebody green lights him when the B's play the Stars...unlikely though, because his primary goal on the ice is to avoid that possibility.

Why do you want this? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

He went to the SCF 2 of his 3 years in the league and won 8 of 10 playoff rounds.  I'd say his playoff performance was pretty good overall.

Khudobin went once in one year.  Was his playoff performance pretty good overall as well?  I'm joking, of course, but come on, hang!   Just because you are there, it doesn't mean you played well. 

He wasn't even in all of the games a few years ago, and this year was an unmitigated disaster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We're better fans than this.

Not sure what benefit there is to these types of comments. Every time a player leaves an organization, some writing clown makes these types of statements that tries to "tell it like it really is". Rubbish. It's worse than KPD trying to run Thornton out of town with every article.

Another terrible article here: http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2013/07/tyler_seguin_bruins_trade_dallas_analysis.html

"Seguin was both a victim of sky-high expectations and rock-bottom effort."

Really? Rock-bottom? Has this idiot ever watched 75% of the league during games in May?

"The whispers and unattributed Tweets about his partying during the season, especially all that allegedly happened in the Toronto series, only added to the frustrations of both his teammates and Bruins fans who saw much more potential than production."

Frustrations? Whispers. Ok. Who on the Bruins roster said anything about frustrations with Seguin ever? Name me one fan around here who attributed Seguin's Toronto series to gee, kid shouldn't be out drinking. This is all conjecture and 20/20 hindsight.

"Here's the most important thing young Mr. Seguin needs to know about Dallas - last call is at 2 a.m."

Great journalism there. Let's use a major newspaper column to say someone is an alcoholic without quoting sources and no direct proof that this is the case. Whispers.

I'm not sad about this deal at all. I think after today I'll be quite happy with it. But the way this kid is being attacked on the way out of Boston is way out of line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Great journalism there. Let's use a major newspaper column to say someone is an alcoholic without quoting sources and no direct proof that this is the case. Whispers."

Yah I agree Asmaha, that is terrible but it's the Globe and when they baseball, football and basketball writers venture over to put in their "two cents" in they make fools of themselves.

On the other hand i've heard several people confrm Tyler's partying and he needs to control it now. I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

Tyler will be fine in Dallas and the Globe will still have some idiots on thier staff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

The teams performance was pretty good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If it's true, it would be a major knock on his character.  Loving life as a young hockey phenom is one thing, going on a bender in the playoffs is a total other.  If it's true, I would have been exploring trade options if I was PC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

If it's true, it would be a major knock on his character.  Loving life as a young hockey phenom is one thing, going on a bender in the playoffs is a total other.  If it's true, I would have been exploring trade options if I was PC.

I don't know how many pro hockey players you know, but "going on a bender in the playoffs" really ain't rare at all. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Great journalism there. Let's use a major newspaper column to say someone is an alcoholic without quoting sources and no direct proof that this is the case. Whispers."

Yah I agree Asmaha, that is terrible but it's the Globe and when they baseball, football and basketball writers venture over to put in their "two cents" in they make fools of themselves.

On the other hand i've heard several people confrm Tyler's partying and he needs to control it now. I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

Tyler will be fine in Dallas and the Globe will still have some idiots on thier staff.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I don't know how many pro hockey players you know, but "going on a bender in the playoffs" really ain't rare at all. 

I bet Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, Thornton, Paille, Campbell and Rask weren't on benders in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Slowly the truth will emerge.  There isn't anything we care about more than the playoffs, right? 

"According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto."

If there is ever a time to buckle down, it's the playoffs.  If there is ever a time more important than that, it's the playoffs when your stats stink.

They asked him to stop.  Clearly he didn't.  See ya later, kid.  Don't...door...Lord...Split.

When did you start working for Boston.com?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Leave it to NAS to flat-line the hyperbole meter, but there is a good point in there.  If the B's felt like Seguin's off-ice antics impacted on-ice performance, they were right to be concerned.  If they addressed it with him and things didn't change, they were right to include that in their decision to move on from him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Don't bother me.  I'm writing love letters to Tuukka Rask.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm all for guys enjoying their lives and having fun.  Just not during the playoffs.  Or, at the very least, not during the playoffs when you are personally tanking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't bother me.  I'm writing love letters to Tuukka Rask.

[/QUOTE]

You really know how to hurt a guy.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

You guys don't be long throwing a good player under the bus. Segin will be a superstar. I guess there isn't any room in Boston for an elite type of player

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

People seem to forget how young this kid is. If I was a millionaire by the age of 20, I may have been a party animal, too.

If Chiarelli and Julien are not prepared to handle some immaturity in their young hockey players, maybe they should trade their #1 pick every year. I mean, before they draft someone, not after, like they do now.

Watch out, Hamilton and Subban. You're next in line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

People seem to forget how young this kid is. If I was a millionaire by the age of 20, I may have been a party animal, too.

If Chiarelli and Julien are not prepared to handle some immaturity in their young hockey players, maybe they should trade their #1 pick every year. I mean, before they draft someone, not after, like they do now.

I don't recall anything like this from Bergeron or Lucic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all. [/QUOTE]

I read your thread and it is a good point. But my point and yours still lead back to money. Bruins brass felt their investment wasn't progressing to a franchise player. Number two is back to money related re: to the cap, Chiarelli can shore up depth via a trade or a UFA signing.

Oh and how great is Erikssons cap hit for his production ?

Answer: Awesome

Chiarelli raked in a haul!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

When I was 20 I loved to party.  Still do.  But when I was 20 I was also playing high-level sports, and I didn't party during the playoffs.  No one did.  Only an idiot would.  You went on a bender when it was over.  And none of us were getting paid $6 million to play.  We were playing for free, and we restrained for the team and because we wanted it more than some brews for a few weeks or months.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

If he got in front of the net and battled, or went after the puck in the corners, or wasn't scared to death when the puck was on his stick on the PP, or put up some gritty points - nobody would care what he wore or where he was - he's gone cause he's been a pusssy for three years, apparently a partying, immature, pusssy with bad personal hygiene- but a pusssy none the less.

Personally, I'm glad he's gone- it made me sick to see what he got away with on the ice

If Seguin never goes to the net, they may have never gotten past the Leafs. To say Seguin didn't go into the dirty areas is simply not true. 

Hope he gets green lighted? I know you never liked the kid, but c'mon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:[QUOTE]I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all. [/QUOTE]

I read your thread and it is a good point. But my point and yours still lead back to money. Bruins brass felt their investment wasn't progressing to a franchise player. Number two is back to money related re: to the cap, Chiarelli can shore up depth via a trade or a UFA signing.

[/QUOTE]

OK.  Yeah, today everything leads back to money with the cap, I just wanted clarity on your opinion.  Some feel the deal was made expressly to free up money.  Money, or Cap space on it's own merit is worthless.  Well priced assets are worth more than cap space. 

I don't think there's any chance the Bruins would have traded Seguin, if they felt he was a well priced asset.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK.  Yeah, today everything leads back to money with the cap, I just wanted clarity on your opinion.  Some feel the deal was made expressly to free up money.  Money, or Cap space on it's own merit is worthless.  Well priced assets are worth more than cap space. 

I don't think there's any chance the Bruins would have traded Seguin, if they felt he was a well priced asset.

[/QUOTE]

Thats fair to say until they give rask 7 million.  And have 6 million to add a top line winger, back up goalie and a 3rd line winger.

subtractions from this years team

horton, seguin, jagr, af, peverly possibly khudo.

adds

lou.  

PC has a lot of work to do with 6 million.