Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo!

http://www.monarchsfanclub.com/corvo.htm

Zero respect for this man.  I'm disgusted that the B's management would even consider bringing him to town.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo!

He really went back and punched and kicked her???

Jeez.  I'm giving him a short leesh, that's for sure

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'll give him a pass on this one.  He's obviously made better decisions over the last 8 years (no other incidents that we know of), plus everyone deserves a second chance.  I'm guessing he was also drunk during this incident - not that this is an excuse, but people do things when they're drunk that they otherwise wouldn't do.  I'd also like to hear his version of the story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo!:
    [QUOTE]I'll give him a pass on this one.  He's obviously made better decisions over the last 8 years (no other incidents that we know of), plus everyone deserves a second chance.  I'm guessing he was also drunk during this incident - not that this is an excuse, but people do things when they're drunk that they otherwise wouldn't do.  I'd also like to hear his version of the story.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I've been drunk on many, many, many occasions.  I have never punched a woman, and I have never kicked anyone (male or female) in the head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Some people when they do stupid things, wake up, and become better persons afterwards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : I've been drunk on many, many, many occasions.  I have never punched a woman, and I have never kicked anyone (male or female) in the head.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I haven't either, that's why I would like to hear his side of the story.  Plus, alcohol affects different people differently - it mellows out some, and sends others into a rage if provoked.  Maybe he no longer drinks because of this incident.  If that's the case, good for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : I've been drunk on many, many, many occasions.  I have never punched a woman, and I have never kicked anyone (male or female) in the head.

wow, that is pretty bad! as if grabbing her as$ wasnt enough.
    i don't know how to feel now....!#&%

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : I haven't either, that's why I would like to hear his side of the story.  Plus, alcohol affects different people differently - it mellows out some, and sends others into a rage if provoked.  Maybe he no longer drinks because of this incident.  If that's the case, good for him.

i don't think you can use alcohol as an excuse here. maybe if he punched a guy.
    the reason why we won't hear his side of the story is the same reason he pleaded guilty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Absolutely disgusting. I did not know this about Corvo, but there is no place for people like this in sports.

I do not believe in second chances for unapologetic women beaters.

This is absolutely my favorite women beater justice I've seen: 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hopefully a reporter asks him about it so we can see how he reacts.  If he's aplogetic then I'm good with it.  People make mistakes, it's what you do afterwards that really matters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely disgusting. I did not know this about Corvo, but there is no place for people like this in sports. I do not believe in second chances for unapologetic women beaters. This is absolutely my favorite women beater justice I've seen:  http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/04/roger-huerta-caught-on-tape-in-street-fight/
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

UFC president Dana White has also commented on the situation, telling TMZ, "In no way do I condone street fighting, but when a guy puts his hands on a woman he deserves to be knocked ... out. Good for Roger."

Great video, OC.  That's exactly what should happen to any man who strikes a woman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

"mistake" doesn't define a homogenous pool of behaviors that people are equally guilty of. Striking a defenseless person, then kicking them when they are down is disgraceful, whether you're hitting a man or a woman. This isn't like Clay bucholz stealing labtops in college, this is a violent crime.

I've ripped on the Steelers for their rapist quarterback, and I plan on protesting Crovo's presence regardless of how much he helps our hapless power-play.

I'd rather lose than employ dishonorable people.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]"mistake" doesn't define a homogenous pool of behaviors that people are equally guilty of. Striking a defenseless person, then kicking them when they are down is disgraceful, whether you're hitting a man or a woman. This isn't like Clay bucholz stealing labtops in college, this is a violent crime. I've ripped on the Steelers for their rapist quarterback, and I plan on protesting Crovo's presence regardless of how much he helps our hapless power-play. I'd rather lose than employ dishonorable people.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

And it's not like it was all heat of the moment.  It wouldn't make it better, but at least more understandable.  He got thrown out, went back and attacked a woman.

I have already e-mailed the Bruins about it.  I hope many others will as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I despise woman beaters.  At the same time, he was given his (suspended) sentence and expressed his regrets.  None of us know what was in his mind or his heart, or what the entirety of the incident was.  I believe in second chances (though any violence against women does push my limits in that regard) and repentance, so I'm not outraged that the Bruins would sign him.  PC knows him from his Ottawa days, and knows the situation more than we do I'm sure.  I also believe in our laws, and those laws do not state that if you have struck a woman once while drunk that you can not work again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I got it NAS you area reincarnate of a puritan who helped Neal S. Dow enforce the "Maine Prohibition". You're so pure it's ok to have double standards, no one deserves second chances and stake burnings should be allowed. Give Corvo life in prison!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Wow, this is pretty bad. Corvo is a good player, but it's pretty hard to excuse this. I would rather the Bruins signed someone else. This is my team and I don't like seeing them associated with lowlifes. The Bruins are about honesty, integrity and respectability (and winning Stanley Cups!), not this garbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : And it's not like it was all heat of the moment.  It wouldn't make it better, but at least more understandable.  He got thrown out, went back and attacked a woman. I have already e-mailed the Bruins about it.  I hope many others will as well.

i dont think hitting women is acceptable what so ever but i heard the incident has a back story to it. from what i have heard from a couple of different people the person that corvo had a problem with was dressed like a women. i haven't been able to find anything on the web but 98.5 was flooded with calls from Manchester spinning this story, and that was the reason corvo only received a 3 game suspension and community service for such a crime. just putting it out there. if anyone can find something solid put it up if not then maybe it just rumor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : i dont think hitting women is acceptable what so ever but i heard the incident has a back story to it. from what i have heard from a couple of different people the person that corvo had a problem with was dressed like a women. i haven't been able to find anything on the web but 98.5 was flooded with calls from Manchester spinning this story, and that was the reason corvo only received a 3 game suspension and community service for such a crime. just putting it out there. if anyone can find something solid put it up if not then maybe it just rumor.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

You mean like a transvestite?  Wouldn't surprise me, lots of characters up in Manchester!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : You mean like a transvestite?  Wouldn't surprise me, lots of characters up in Manchester!

It took place in Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I care about his play on the ice, not his personal life.

(and, no, I am not saying it is okay to beat a woman.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

He was a kid and he made a horrible decision!  I hope he paid dearly for what he did. This kind of thing challenges my every last restraint!  Having said that he was a kid who made a terrible mistake and was punished accordingly!  Since that time there have been no other on the record incidents.  Lets hope he is reformed and learned a valuable lesson in life. Nothing can justify hitting and assaulting a women but you know there was a story here!  I am convincing no one to accept him against there own merit, but I will personally judge him from this day forward as a Boston Bruin.  I think we will see Joe has matured past a stupid kid who got drunk and let his emotions get the better of him!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : It took place in Boston.

Lots of characters in Boston too, probably more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : i dont think hitting women is acceptable what so ever but i heard the incident has a back story to it. from what i have heard from a couple of different people the person that corvo had a problem with was dressed like a women. i haven't been able to find anything on the web but 98.5 was flooded with calls from Manchester spinning this story, and that was the reason corvo only received a 3 game suspension and community service for such a crime. just putting it out there. if anyone can find something solid put it up if not then maybe it just rumor.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

the article i read said a women was admitted to the hospital. havnt heard anything about a crossdresser.  I am confident had it been a crossdresser it would have a got alot more press. No way that is true! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : You mean like a transvestite?  Wouldn't surprise me, lots of characters up in Manchester!

i guess that's the story hang. as soon as the trade was announced on 98.5 the sports hub. felger spent 1 hour trying to confirm this story but had no luck. then he did take a couple of callers from manchester and thats was the what acouple of people said that corvo pinched the persons butt and there was some kind of confrontation then i guess corvo leaves and comes back and punches the person to the floor and proceeds to kick him in the head then ran to another bar and was arrested. it only makes sense because the penalty that corvo received does not fit the crime if it were a women. i dont know but u know me i wont just throw garbage like that out there. hopefully there is more to the story because violence is on women is not the bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat women? You'll love Joe Corvo! : the article i read said a women was admitted to the hospital. havnt heard anything about a crossdresser.  I am confident had it been a crossdresser it would have a got alot more press. No way that is true! 
    Posted by sclifton-4-freespeech[/QUOTE]

then why so light on the sentence for the crime. i guess he was only suspended for 3 games and for his community serivice he signed autographs for kids. thats alittle light for such a crime dont u think? sclifton maybe its not true but there is more to the story, has to be.