Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

Explain how I manipulated the stats Kennedy97? They were facts. What fact did I get wrong? Plus minus and goals scored are meat and potato straight forward stats. Do you think he probably would have scored more goals if he played 82 games instead of 53 in 2010? Is it wrong to assume a similar pace of goal scoring and talk about it? Its called extrapolation, not manipulation.

I admitted that the conclusions were "based just on stats the last two seasons". I said nothing about his game other then saying I expect him to be better then one of my least favorite players in the regular season[Ryder]. I am not saying he is consistent or tough or even a very good player. There are plenty of questions about his game. Such as why his coach didn't play him more and they let him go for next to nothing. 

I like the move. I don't love it. And I manipulated nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:
    [QUOTE]What's the French word for "chicken"? 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

scooter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I very much like this signing.  Teams are vastly over-paying for average players.  The Bruins took a chance on a guy that was down and out at the end of last year, but got him cheep.  Ryder was also a scratch in the playoffs for the Habs before the Bruins signed him.  Pouliot had a good run a year ago but is inconsistent.  CJ may get him going, and he might fit well on the left with Kelly and Peverley.  It should also be noted that he was getting minimal minutes with the Habs.  If he got a couple more a game he might become a 20 goal type guy.  He will battle for a spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I am very impressed on the way some of you guys find the details on alot of these players, something I used to do but should do more of to be more informed on these players. I am not as knowable as I should be, so thank you all for showing me that I should be more involved especially when it comes to new Bruin arrivals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

I think it is a good signing actually. 

The Montreal Team has a culture of whining, complaining, & look more like a soccer team at times. Maybe the guy did not have anyone to play with in terms of chemistry.  Plus, if he was on the 3rd or 4th line well he is not going to light it up with 10 Minutes of Ice Time.

I bet he carves out a role on 3rd Line with Peverly & Kelly. I bet he will surprise people.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I believe they signed him to be Anthony Camara's playmate. Not really, but the B's bought (Pouliot) low and sold high (Ryder)...sounds like good business. I am hoping for the low-risk, high-reward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:
    [QUOTE]It's July...so this move is all about having options. I'm not convinced a Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line is the way to go (too small for me), so might as well bring in several pieces and let the guys duke it out in camp. At minimum, we're looking at a P-Bruin or Pouliot as a replacement for Ryder...nothing wrong with that. We all know the Bs were going to be quiet, but last year was truly magical (all hail Thomas) and to think they can do it the same way again is a stretch. I still think in the long term, they need a strong goal-scoring forward. Gagne would be a nice option on that line and could easily put in 20.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    The line performed well enough with Recchi at right wing. Seguin actually brings more size than Rex so..............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Jack calling it like it is. good video