Bergeron what a terrible giveaway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bergeron what a terrible giveaway

In Response to Re: Bergeron what a terrible giveaway:
    [QUOTE]if you watched all 82 detroit and vancouver games i'm sure you'd see datsyuk and kesler make a mistake.  To say they never do is a little ridiculous.
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

Nobody is saying they are error free....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

but you are saying they don't make as many mistakes.  unless you follow detroit and vancouver as closely as boston, how could you possibly know that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Nice to read these meaningless arguments around the put down of a player who's arguably been one of Boston's best and most consistent all year long.  Well done.

So they should have won last night and didn't ... and ... they should have gotten two points and got only one ... and all three Leaf goals were crap ... so ... 

The Bruins are healthy, have the chance to rest some players, and have played pretty well at home, heading into the first round.  I, for one, think that's much more important than whether Bergeron should have made that pass ... and I suspect he knows he shouldn't have and he'll move on to tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It was a great pass, he should have gotten an assist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]but you are saying they don't make as many mistakes.  unless you follow detroit and vancouver as closely as boston, how could you possibly know that?
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

I live in the West and see a ton of Canucks games so I have a good handle on Kesler. Detroit not so much but he is a perennial Selke nominee and is as consistent as it gets year to year.

Again, I am not saying anything disparaging about Patrice but he is simply not an elite checker that is all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

jm you are entitled to your opinion.  in my eyes he is not an elite player but i would say he is an elite checker.  team canada had quite a pool of players to pick from for the olympics and they picked him.  Not for offense as there were 3 guys on tampa that could have filled that role alone.  they took him for faceoffs and defensive play.  Pretty high compliment if you ask me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

That doesn't worry me.  What worries me is that he hasn't been putting points up on the score sheet like he did earlier...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Absolute idiocy.

Berg has 1 assist and ends an even 0 on the plus minus.

Watch the play again you numbskulls, Berg takes it away in the corner passes it up to Rec who loses the battle and the puck, Berg skates from corner to point and it is chipped by him right to Rec.  Rec then fumble bumbles it again, Kess strips it from him and loses it slightly, Berg back hands it away right onto Lupul and a goal, bang bang.

Rec had 2 chances to get it out and he didn't.

Clod deserves a kick in the gonads, playing in OT 4-4 and once again he uses Rec, the slowest player on an even wider area to play.  Rec plays 2:09, Pev 20 secs, Seg nothing, even Kelly nothing possibly the 3 speedist on the team.

By the By
    Berg +21, Dats +12. 
    Berg plays with a rook and methuselah.
    Dats plays with Jitterbug.

Berg is 25 and Dats is 32, I'll keep Berg.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Bergeron is terribly overrated. Good player. Not great. Don't even compare him to Datsyk. U R kidding, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Bergeron what a terrible giveaway:
    [QUOTE]Bergeron was horrble tonight I'm so mad my blood is boiling.He was easily the worst player on the team tonight.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

Hope you've calmed down by now John - absurd to devote a post to ONE phreakin' giveaway. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]yeah he should be benched for life.  one play in 70+ games.  Likely will win the Selke.  I can forgive him pretty quickly....in fact what give away
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    If there was a giveaway it's on Recchi.Bergeron was simply attempting to reach out and redirect a puck that was behind him so as to avoid exactly what happened.That puck was going to be turned over on that play UNLESS Bergeron is able to make a clean play on it.Seems the NHL's official scorers agreed with our assessment since no turnover was credited to Bergeron and the Leafs received 2 assists on the play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah I'll take Berg over Dats.

Still should have been unassisted unless it wasRec and Berg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I'll take Berg over Dats. Still should have been unassisted unless it wasRec and Berg.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    I agree there should've been no assists on the play.I thought Recchi clearly made a play on the puck as opposed to simply getting his stick on it.I'm also with you 100% on the Bergeron over Datsyuk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

I thought it was Marchands stick to Bergie.  I also thought it was kinda like a hot potatoe thing.

Zero chance in a million yrs I take Bergie over Dats.  If I could form a team he likely would be one of the 1st players I look at. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Didnt Mario make a poster outta Ray in the playoffs?  Kesler and Dats are great 2 way fwds.  Dats is likely gonna win.  But to even have Bergie in the conversation and play a role with Canada as that type makes me glad he is on this club. 

LOL   The best one of them all was :

MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY ....

p.s. didn't read the rest of the posts yet if anyone else brought this one up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez, I thought it was Marchands stick to Bergie.  I also thought it was kinda like a hot potatoe thing. Zero chance in a million yrs I take Bergie over Dats.  If I could form a team he likely would be one of the 1st players I look at. 
    I expect Bergeron to be playing at an even higher level 5 years from now.I'm not sure the same can be said of Datsyuk.We've had this debate before.Datsyuk is all world IMO but 7 years is a long time in hockey years.Statistically,Bergeron's best years should be coming 3-4 seasons from now.For the money spent and all the variables,I'll take Bergeron at this point. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

10/4 Dez

Berg has 6 years to catch Dats in points 313 behind, 52 per year.  Berg already works as hard, Dats isn't an all out every shift like Berg no matter what is spread on here. Dats is a star on an all star team, but I will take Berg every time.

Shup, you are starting to sound like DK46 in idol worship of Dats. Dats is a star, but not a player I would think first of to start my team, no matter what all the drivel of the hockey media minds spill, he would not be in my top 10, maybe 30. Pretty much all team Canada forwards before him and some of the ones that didn't get the invite.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

[QUOTE]Didnt Mario make a poster outta Ray in the playoffs?  Kesler and Dats are great 2 way fwds.  Dats is likely gonna win.  But to even have Bergie in the conversation and play a role with Canada as that type makes me glad he is on this club. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

it just slipped off BURGS stick    .........TIMMIE should be horsewipped for letting that one in......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]10/4 Dez Berg has 6 years to catch Dats in points 313 behind, 52 per year.  Berg already works as hard, Dats isn't an all out every shift like Berg no matter what is spread on here. Dats is a star on an all star team, but I will take Berg every time. Shup, you are starting to sound like DK46 in idol worship of Dats. Dats is a star, but not a player I would think first of to start my team, no matter what all the drivel of the hockey media minds spill, he would not be in my top 10, maybe 30. Pretty much all team Canada forwards before him and some of the ones that didn't get the invite.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I would Dats in my top 10 fwds for sure.  Way too responsible and playing for a defensive minded caoch.  He is a fantastic player.  Doesnt excel in one cetrain area other than being solid at every one.  Not sure anyone has better dangles either.  He is a favorite of mine for sure.  Sure Stampkos can score 40.  But he is no where near the complete pkg Dats is.