Bergeron's linematres

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bergeron's linematres

While Pouliot didn't make any egregious errors, he is not filling the role as well as will be needed. Even his goal, where he missed a wide open net from 2 feet, and swiped it in after the goalie misplayed the puck, showed some luck , not skill. Seguin was exceptional, and Bergeron played another hard game. Would prefer to see Caron as the fill in as his positional play is solid, and he can play on the PK, with Bergie, rather than using Bergie and Kreji together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: Bergeron's linematres

Being infront of the net, where he should have been to collect his own rebound off a hit post isnt really lucky. I would say he got unlucky hitting the post in the first place.

He was very good last night along the boards as well and no glaring mistakes = perfect in the bruins system.

How many goals come from "goal scorers" where they happen to get the rebound  from being in the right spot at the the right time... probably 50% atleast?

Caron hasnt looked comfortable in his play time this year, which is odd because he looked better at a younger age coming out of training camp last season.. he seem's to have regressed in his development some. Hence why Hammill played  last night, which looked like his worst game since his call up and seemed to get benched for it in the 2nd period.

Seguin was the best player for either team for 60 minutes last night, really had the motor going.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In his last two games on that line, Pouliot has 4 points. I find it odd to express displeasure with him at this moment in time. I think Caron is a solid prospect, but he's done nothing to show he should be playing ahead of Pouliot this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Honestly while I'm not so much a fan of Pouliots as willing to admit he's doing well here... he didn't look bad.

I'd honest rather have seen Hamill play there and leave the Kelly line unaltered.

Hamill didn't look great last night but I think he only had like 3 shifts in each of the first two periods and that's bad for rythym.

In Response to Bergeron's linematres:
    [QUOTE]While Pouliot didn't make any egregious errors, he is not filling the role as well as will be needed. Even his goal, where he missed a wide open net from 2 feet, and swiped it in after the goalie misplayed the puck, showed some luck , not skill. Seguin was exceptional, and Bergeron played another hard game. Would prefer to see Caron as the fill in as his positional play is solid, and he can play on the PK, with Bergie, rather than using Bergie and Kreji together.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Honestly, I think you can play Thornton with Bergeron and Seguin and he'd put up some points.  Pouliot is doing a good job with them right now, but that isn't to say that Caron or Hamil wouldn't do just as well.  I actually think this would be a good chance to plug Hamil in on that line and see if we can get him going.  While Pouliot plays a good grinding game that fits well on that third line, I think Hamil is more of a skill guy and would benefit playing with more skilled players.

Didn't see the game last night, but I heard Hamil didn't have his best showing.  I think a night with Bergeron and Seguin and putting up a couple points could give him the confidence boost he needs.  But, as long as Pouliot is producing I don't see anything changing.  It seems as though Julien is pretty fixated on giving him any opportunities that open up deserved or not.

Lets also not forget about Peverly -- I think more than Pouliot or Hamil, that is the guy who deserves to play up a line

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The key elements that Marchand provides are positioning and anticipation. So far that has not been a consistent part of Pouliot's game. He does have speed and reach, but his puck control and passing are lacking. In the few games that Caron played he showed good puck control and passing, set up Pouliot's first goal, and when working with Bergeron last year, on the PK, he showed good anticipation and positioning. That's wh he is my preference. But, I'm sure that Chiarelli and Claude have somewhat different perceptions at this point in time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron's linematres:
    [QUOTE]In his last two games on that line, Pouliot has 4 points. I find it odd to express displeasure with him at this moment in time. I think Caron is a solid prospect, but he's done nothing to show he should be playing ahead of Pouliot this year.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Oates Cam is right Caron has not shown is his worth over Pou. Actually all this talk is funny to me. Under the circumstances PC has done wonderfully with what is available and what can be afforded. Money guru in my mind and CJ has used his tools in the shed to his benifit. We cannot nit pick everything. We have a great team and lets enjoy it. Even Corvo. But for the money POU is spot on right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I would like to see Hamill on that line, but thats because I like him and want him to get a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

HAHA I call out bogie for bashing Thornton and Pouliot, and the NEXT game they both score goals. Hahahahaha

I know it doesn't mean Shawn Thornton is going to score 20 goals this year, but even you are smart enough to see how nice of a move that was. How many teams have a forth line player that will happily take the league minimum to stay in town, and puts up 10 goals and 20 fights a year? Not many.

Say what you want about Thornton and Pouliot, but the Bruins are winning games with them in the lineup, not DESPITE them being in the lineup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron's linematres:
    [QUOTE]I would like to see Hamill on that line, but thats because I like him and want him to get a chance.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it would be a great feel-good story to have a guy everyone labeled as a dud succeed in a more prominent role, even if it is only temporary.  The kid has the tools, it just remains to be seen if he has the drive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I wouldn't want anything forced. Put too much pressure on the guy he might get crushed.

Just give him time. I like his play, its been consistent and he's been good in our end. Just waiting for the points to go up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Caron back up.  Again.  Given Hamill's game, probably not a surprise.  Could be Peverley again, of course.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If you're going to give Hamill lots of minutes, the time to do it in a blowout (Calgary and New Jersey games).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I am very content that we are healthy and do have reliable back up. Take a look at other teams with a plague of injuries ie Pits. and now are out of a play off spot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I find all of these comments interesting, and totally agree that this Bruins team , as currently staffed, is doing all that we could expect. However, last year Wheeler and Stuart were not, and still are not from what we just saw, poor players. However Kelly and Peverly have added another dimension to help the Bruins win the CUP. Now, both Peter and Claude, have to be looking for where improvements can be made. Pouliot has been a bargain, and has worked to improve, but, he is still missing some key play-making elements, when compared directly to Marchand. Marchand will be back, and Pouliot will bump Hamill. Either one could play a regular shift on many other teams, and Chiarelli needs to upgrade his defense, not for an unreachable like Shea Weber, but for a skilled potential like Shattenkirk [sp.] or Gleason, or Pitkanen [ make your own choice]. Meanwhile, Caron is on standby, to fill in on any line when needed.